View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 05:09 PM   #6314
muddy otter
Directionally Challenged Parrothead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin Wrose View Post
Well they did look harried and not indulgent - but they looked clueless, and they must have been that way since the kids were born for them to behave that way! Okay yeah it was just a commercial.....
I find it kind of obnoxious that so many ads and shows portray parents as clueless idiots and the kids as running the show like little marketing executives. Although that does seem to reflect reality way too often from what I've seen in airports and restaurants and stores. Not that Father Knows Best was exactly reality either, but at least back then you had some archetype suggesting the people with seniority and experience needed to be in charge.

One thing I've loved so much about meeting all of your kids has been seeing how many people have bucked that trend of turning kids into little emperors and empresses before they're even old enough to speak in full sentences. I love all your kids so much, and love the relationships you have with them. It gives me so much hope for the future.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!