View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 10:04 AM   #4725
Greywolf
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
Connie's quilts are beautiful and got me thinking. Does anyone else have other hobbies besides cardmaking? I used the do counted cross stitch until my eyes got worse. It is hard now to focus going from the pattern to the project and back. I'm attaching a picture of my pride and joy. I have soooo much time into this picture that I just couldn't give it away. No one would understand the time and love that went into making it.

So then cardmaking came into my life in 2009 and I love how I can put a card together in ten minutes or two hours or two days, depending on what I am doing. I tried scrapbooking once, but there was too much time involved in those, although I think they are amazing. I have done a few pages...
Your cross stitch is gorgeous! I also do (or used to) cross stitch and other counted thread stitching (needlepoint, hardanger, blackwork, etc.) I'm currently doing a little knitting and crochet. I'm going to teach a friend how to tat. Those are just a few of my "other" hobbies that get less attention because of my obsession with card making. Most of my cross stitch was smaller pieces, and a lot of Christmas ornaments. I don't have the patience or vision to do something like your picture. I am currently working on a large simple sampler and a small reversible blackwork sampler. Oh, and I also do some quilting. I have one pieced and layered waiting to be quilted now. Um, also machine knitting ... and a little beading alone and with cross stitch ...

Last edited by Greywolf; 05-11-2013 at 10:09 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!