View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 07:39 PM   #1
LanaMM
Glitter Queen

Question HELP! Overwhelmed with paper storage ideas ...

OK, so here's the deal: I'm finally FINALLY getting myself organized. I'm turning an out-of-the-way corner of my oddly--shaped LR into a "crafts area" (for me, that means card making). The space isn't huge. I've already set up two shelving units Origami R5-01 General Purpose 4-Shelf Steel Collapsible Storage Rack, Large - Amazon.com (a total of 6' wide, 5' high, 14" deep, 4 shelves), and I only have room for a 24"x48" work surface, but I think that will be OK, as I don't use a ton of space when I work anyway, and with that kind of storage nearby, I can easily pull out what I need (stamps, dies, die cutter, bling, etc.) and put it back when I'm done.

My dilemma involves paper storage. I use paper from a lot of different companies: SU, Echo Park, MME, etc. I have 6" x 6", 12" x 12", 8.5" x 11", and a very small amount of 8" x 8". I've decided on the system for my 6" x 6" -- and I think it will work.

Where I'm having a problem is with the 12" x 12" and the 8.5" x 11". I purchase a lot of "collections": designer paper, stickers, die cuts, chip board, matching ribbons and brads/buttons, etc. I like to store all the items in a collection together; otherwise, I'm apt to forget that I have stickers that go with the papers, or whatever. I've been using 2-gallon Ziploc bags for this, and storing them on end in a series of Cropper Hopper Paper Holders Amazon.com: Advantus Cropper Hopper Easy Access Paper Holder, Black: Arts, Crafts & Sewing It took me awhile and several experiments to arrive at this point, and it's working pretty well so far, I think.

But is there a better way to do this? Drawers don't work, as I really do need to "see" what's there.

And I still have some problems with the 8.5" x 11" "sets" -- they don't fit nicely in the 12" x 12" Cropper Hopper holders. But I'd like something similar, if I can find something that works.

And this doesn't even begin to address the cardstock storage issues -- I'll save that for another message. I'd rather focus on the designer paper + goodies storage for now.

Any suggestions? I'm almost at a point of "analysis paralysis" here -- just "stuck."

Thanks!!

Lana (Bellingham, WA)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!