View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 02:25 PM   #1
Joan7356
Swap Moderator
Swapper of the Month - November 2013

Default ~*~COMPLETED - ALL SS PKGS RECEIVED~*~ Happy Everything Secret Sister Swap

Happy Everything Secret Sister Swap

Sign-Up Deadline: Midnight - Friday, May 24
At that time I will close sign-ups, take the participant names and the following week begin the process of assigning secret sisters and sending out notifications.
Everyone should have their sister's name by Saturday, June 1.
I will send you only your SS's screen name.
It is your responsibility to PM me (Joan7356) for your sister's mailing/shipping address.

All packages to your Secret Sister must be postal by or on Monday, July 15.
You will have 6 weeks to get your package postal.

This is a Secret Sister Swap and here are the specifics:

1. What is required?
  • This is a 1:1 swap with a $25 minimum paper crafting spending limit.
  • If you choose to spend more, that is your choice, but not required.
  • The $25 minimum does not include the cost to ship to your SS and does not include shipping costs you incur if placing an order online.
  • The $25 minimum spending limit is for your SSís paper crafting interests.
  • Other items you may want to include in their package (candy, candle, lotion, etc.) are above and beyond the $25.
2. How to sign up?
  • PM me (Joan7356) your mailing address.
  • I must have this information by the closing date of this swap for you to be included.
3. Mailing Deadline: by end of day Monday, July 15, 2013
  • PM me (Joan7356) for your Secret Sister's mailing address
  • Be sure to include a card/tag indicating your name/Splitcoast username so your SS knows who to thank.
  • DC #(delivery confirmation) ​
    is required​ and if sending via USPS Priority Mail is now automatic and indicated on your receipt. KEEP that receipt! DC# is valuable and a life saver!
  • PM me (Joan7356) the DC # and mail/ship date. ​
4. Stay connected!
  • Check in on this thread a minimum of 1x/week with a simple hello or chat daily.
  • Most days I will post a daily question. You are not required to answer. It is just for fun.

5. Complete the survey in post #2.
  • Post #1 will include the number of your survey post.
  • When your survey is complete and you will not be making any additions/deletions, please indicate in bold red COMPLETE at the top.
  • You have until Friday, May 24 to complete your survey.When the thread is closed, do not make any changes to your survey. Some people begin shopping immediately upon receipt of their SS.
6. I wish, I wish, I wish..
  • As you complete the survey, you will see that I have requested online stores and local stores.
  • Some people prefer not to shop online and therefore when listing items you would love to receive, be sure to list those from the local shops, too.
  • We have all been in SS swaps where we receive items we wonít use or requested not to receive.
  • Please fill out your survey in detail so as not to leave any doubts to your wishes. If you participated in the last SS Swap I hosted there are changes on the survey.
7. What to send?
  • The more detail you provide, the better the experience.
  • It should go without saying do not send items that your assigned SS does not want.
  • Please send only new, unopened packages unless your SS has indicated she is willing to accept such.
8. Thank you!
Upon receipt of your SS package,immediately
post a thank you.

Your Secret Sister spent time and put much thought in your surprise package. She is anxiously waiting to hear about its safe arrival. Plus, we all love hearing about what you received!

If you can't commit and fulfill these obligations as outlined, please do not sign up.

9. Mailing Preference:
  • There will be two groups -- one for US mailing only and the other for US/Canada/overseas mailing.
  • Let me know your preference when you sign up.
10. Questions?PM me if you need more information from you SS, or
  • If you have questions specific to how this swap works, or
  • You have had the same SS for several swaps and would like to make sure you have someone new/different.
All are welcome to play! Letís have some fun!

Just wanted to post this info as stated by the moderators of Splitcoast for your info:

Since Secret Sister swaps are typically swaps done one-on-one, each sister is treated as a kind of hostess. We have the "main" hostess who gathers all the info and distributes the names and info. But, the sisters are ultimately responsible for sending their goodies.

That being the case, please note that Secret Sister swaps are treated by the moderators just a bit differently than most swaps. The following rule applies to all participating Secret Sister swappers:
  • Hostesses that fail to return swaps will be banned from the entire Splitcoaststampers site.
  • In other words, each person participating in the secret sister swaps is considered a hostess.
  • Failing to uphold your end of a secret sister swap is considered stealing (and ultimately mail fraud if the postal system is used) and will not be tolerated.
By posting this, we don't mean to ruin the fun of Secret Sister swaps. We just want all participants to be aware that giving is just as fun as receiving and getting gypped just plain sucks.

Please consider this when signing up to participate in a secret sister swap.

Join the FUN!

Last edited by Joan7356; 08-15-2013 at 02:59 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!