View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 08:36 AM   #1669
c-mouse
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
Ladies, you are such an inspiration to me! If I weren't such a frantically busy mad-woman (Thailand lessons to prepare) I'd get busy re-organizing my stash!

I'd say you do a great job anyway.....
I have this thing....when I have too much stuff it overwhelms me and I can't even use it.
I started learning and doing leathercraft when I had a summer job working at a camp. I continued it until about 9 years ago...but about mid-through I took a look at what I had and sorted it into two piles......and sold one pile. Then I began making leather goods again and taught it to 4-Hers and had one child who really took to it and he will take all the materials/tools I have to use since I don't do it anymore.
Same with my photography.....you do have to upgrade sometimes but I had shelves of books and magazines and equipment.....I have donated some books to youth interested in Photography, gone through and torn sheets out that I know I will use, and recycled the rest,,,I also sold about $700 worth of equipment taking a store credit which equaled $350 and now I have room on the storage shelves.
When I began stamping, of course there was a huge "need to have" list of tools and consumables.....and I bought them all.....LOL! But I have now found my "style" and so I have been having sack sales and garage sales and almost have it whittled down but the release from having too much stuff has opened flood gates of creative ideas...I have ideas I will never get too I am sure.

Card Sketch Challenge 1-209 done only 283+ to go to be caught up!!!!!

-30 and sweating

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!