Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Challenge Title: Stripping Down Hostess: Holly aka hbrown Keyword: HYCCT1403 Date: Friday, October 3, 2014
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
Welcome to the 5th annual Hope You Can Cling To challenge and card drive -- we are sooooo thrilled that you are here!! Thank you so much for supporting this amazing event.
What is the first thing you have to do when you get a mammogram? Ya gotta strip off your top and your bra, right? So for my challenge, I'm asking you to look through your paper stash to find all those teeny strips that you never use (am I right??) and put them to use making your background for your card.
Pull out your patterned paper or cardstock or even little leftover strips from a technique you may have tried. Glue them together to form your background. Arrange them horizontally, vertically, diagonally, or do a technique such as the Herringbone background. Mix and match papers to your heart's content! BONUS POINTS if you use PINK!!!
I can't wait to see what you guys come up with!
Thank you again for joining us! Please see the details below for sending in your cards.
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2014 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
Thank you for participating in this card drive, and thanks to my sample makers, too! I hope you are inspired by these beautiful samples!
Great challenge I have tons of paper strips and I happen to have a bra stamp on my project table waiting for the perfect challenge! Lol! Hopefully I'll get a lot of time to play today, my dog, she's 13, woke up this morning and just couldn't move her back legs so I'm keeping a close eye on her today. Its so sad when you see them age like this, my heart is breaking.
CAS - do ALL the challenges '17
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." - Nin
Wowza! Those are some amazing samples! I swear I'm never going to get my cards uploaded because I keep coming and seeing what the next challenge is! looking forward to playing along at this a little later.
"You simply will not be the same person two months from now after consciously giving thanks each day for the abundance that exists in your life. And you will have set in motion an ancient spiritual law: the more you have and are grateful for, the more will be given you" Sarah Ban Breathnach
I was trying to think of some way to incorporate a paper gown for this challenge! . I ended up making two using different color schemes...I love using up strips! Thanks for a fun challenge Holly! Stripped Just For You Stripped Tree of Hope
Such a wonderful idea for using up all those strips of paper and card stock that are always laying around. I've been working a lot recently from a pack of BoBunny paper and had lots of strips left over to use for my background.