View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 04:38 PM   #13
PH in VA
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobby View Post
The PTI is a great super heavy card stock for bases. The white seems bright enough but I don't like mixing it with my Stampin'Up Whisper White as the layers. There is a noticeable difference ( at least to my eye ). The whites just don't "match"....the SU layer ends up making the PTI base look like it has a little bit of gray in it.

I have the GinaK Designs white in the layering weight, and it seems closer in color to the SU white....I've been wanting to try the heavy base weight. I have some of GinaK colored card stock and it is very heavy and sturdy for bases and is listed at a lower weight than the white.

I think either of these would make you happy. The only drawback is the price. If you are making large quantities of cards for Operation Write Home it can seem expensive. I make cards for OWH but not as many as I could if the paper cost per sheet was lower.
I agree with a lot of what Cobby said. The PTI *is* very sturdy, but it definitely has a gray tinge to it compared to Whisper White and to Gina K's Pure Luxury White. I prefer the brighter white of the Gina K. cardstock.

Both the PTI and Gina K. cardstocks work well when coloring with Copic markers.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!