Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-20-2013, 01:18 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMTPT247 ~ April 23, 2013 ~ Right is right..no left is right and right is wrong..

Welcome to Teapot Tuesday
and the Sisterhood of the Traveling Teaparty
and Challenge #247

Right is right..no left is right and right is wrong

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!

The Rest of the Story:

1: Oh what a glorious day. The sun is shining and the air is crisp, full of the wonderful smells of the orchard. Sadie Lynn and Sallie Lou are in such good spirits as the teacher let out class early for recess since everyone had their work done. They loved to walk around in the orchard next to the school grounds and play explorer. They would make up songs to sing and dance along the trees and talk to all the "little people" that they just knew were living there.

2: So off they ran as soon as they got out of the building and danced along the edge of the trees; singing and playing and paying no attention to time. As the ran along they decided to find a big shiny red apple for the teacher and maybe one for themselves. They turned left into the orchard and danced along looking at the lower branches for just the right apple. It had to be very special for they really liked their teacher a lot. They found lots of big apples but they weren't very pretty or shiny or some bird had taken a nibble and they just wouldn't do. They turned right and then left again and kept dancing along looking at the apples.

3: Finally they found just the perfect one. A big shiny red apple without any marks on it and they both knew they just had to have that one. But it was to high up for either of the girls to reach and even jumping as high as they could they couldn't touch it. Sallie Lou being the stronger of the two decided that she would let Sadie Lynn climb up on her shoulders and then they should be able to reach it. So after several attempts and much giggling they finally got Sadie Lynn sitting on Sallie Lou's shoulders. Sallie Lou couldn't see where she was going for all of Sadie Lynn's petticoats in her eyes so she could only walk the direction that Sadie called out. "Go right"..."no the other way"..."a little more"...."no not that far"...."go back"..."a little bit further"...."a little bit more"...."OK, I got it!" Sadie screamed. But all the back and forth had got both the girls quite dizzy and she barely managed to hang onto the apple as they tumbled to the ground.

4: After they picked themselves up and dusted off their petticoats, they turned to head back to school. But something didn't look right. There were to many trees in that direction and no path, so they turned the other way and found nothing but trees again and no path. Turning all around several times they couldn't figure out which way was the school and which way was the mean orchard man's house. "oh, no" they said, "We're lost" "We have to get back to school" Sadie Lynn was starting to get really scared and starting to cry. Sallie Lou didn't know what to do to calm her or how to find their way out of the orchard and she couldn't let her know that she was pretty scared too. Sallie Lou told her they had to be really really quiet so they could hear sounds from the school, but all they could hear were the bees buzzing about the orchard and the happy fat blue jays flying around taking nibbles from the fruit.

5: Just then, Sallie Lou thought she heard the school bell and decided to start walking in that direction, not really knowing if it was the right way or not. Thankfully Sadie Lynn just followed along wimpering and hanging onto the apple. Suddenly, a loud whispering noise caught Sallie Lou's attention and she turned towards it, she saw one of the little people motioning her to follow him. "I know the way" he said and motioning again for them to follow him. So Sallie Lou headed after the troll and soon the noise of the ringing school bell started getting louder. "I can't go any further because I'm not supposed to show myself" he told the girls, "just keep going towards the bell and you'll be fine"

6: "Oh dear" thought the girls, as they kept walking in the direction of the bell, "It didn't seem like that far before."

Challenge Translation:
Bring thank yous and apples for the teacher, school bells or any other thing you can think of that will help lead the girls back to the school house. Don't bring any boogey men or it's the back door for you for sure....

EPEC (extra points for extra credit):
If you can include some postage stamps or some card supplies to help their mission, it would be greatly appreciated.

This is also where your saved apples come in for those of you who aren't really new. We wish you would write a note stating, "Thank you, you make a difference" or something like that and sign it and put your state and country on it. Then I'm going to send instructions to Barb to print name of student on other side and hand out. She will have enough for next yrs students too.

Destination Station:

This week our destination is Evansville, MN. If you would like a destination for your card, how about sending it to Barb. Barb has been brought to our attention by fellow Teapotter/SCSer Dorothy etsdes who found an article about her in the local paper.

Thank you from Dorothy and thank you from me!

to find out why as well as get the address to mail your card, please visit Post #346 in the Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thread. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is totally 100% voluntary!

Here is my card .

Here is the fab card Dorothy made.

Here is a Quick Link to the Teapot Tuesday #247 Challenge Gallery.

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT247 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? SCS has given Sheri (KSNurse) permission to create an email Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and email the challenge out on the Saturday before the Tuesday of the challenge so you girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send her a pm with your email address if you wanna be a Cheater!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!
Attached Thumbnails
MMTPT247 ~ April 23, 2013 ~ Right is right..no left is right and right is wrong..-badge_for_teapot_tuesday.jpg   MMTPT247 ~ April 23, 2013 ~ Right is right..no left is right and right is wrong..-apple-teapot-2.jpg   MMTPT247 ~ April 23, 2013 ~ Right is right..no left is right and right is wrong..-il_570xn.445172862_cdhn.jpg   MMTPT247 ~ April 23, 2013 ~ Right is right..no left is right and right is wrong..-evansville-kindness-club.jpg  

Last edited by Ksnurse; 04-29-2013 at 07:18 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2013, 07:53 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here's my card for Barb
MMTPT247 Apples for the Teacher by mother's daughter - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Have fun and be creative!

Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2013, 08:01 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Fun story, Sheri. Thanks for using this as a Tea Pot destination. I am hoping we will be a positive influence and reinforcement for those club members - as well as for Barb.
I will be out and about much of the day tomorrow, but will get back to visit the gallery whenever I can. I guess my link is there already!

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

What an inspiration this week's challenge is. Can you imagine a "kindness club"? How wonderful is that??!!!!! I'm sharing this idea with my DD who runs her own daycare from her home. I know she will embrace this What an honor to send a card of thanks to such a great teacher:

MMTPT247 Real Bashful Apples by octoberbabe - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Mary ~~ QFTD #152, FS#514CC Guest Design Team 2012, 2013, 2017 & 2022 2014 CAS Spring Design Team Member SC Guest Design Team 2015 & 2022 SU Consultant "Life's greatest adventure is finding your place in the Circle of Life" - Lion King
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2013, 08:26 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Ditto Mary, the world sure is a better place for having wonderful people like this in it. It was so enjoyable making a card for a "happy cause". Here's mine

Thank your Evansville by susie australia - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Please don't take your organs to heaven - heaven knows we need them here.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2013, 10:30 PM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

What fun! I'm sure that I recently received a RAK image that I thought at the time would be perfect for a thank you. Now I just have to find it in my particularly messy room - it needs a good tidy!
I do at least still know where my blue apple is .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2013, 11:33 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MMTPT247 Thanks by stamp300 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

It's almost 2:00 am urgh! But wanted to finish it since I didn't have time over the weekend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2013, 02:00 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default " A Teacher is..."

what a fab. idea to thank this wonderful lady and teacher...maybe lots of future t-partiers....:0)
going to put a big ty in the inside, but here ...is the outside.
We as people are raindrops of colorful ink , falling down Crisp and Clear, each a different shade more vibrant then the last, but once we realize at the bottom of an endless abyss we all fall into the same inkpot forming one color, only then can we come together as one My son.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2013, 02:24 AM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

Here is my card for Barb:
MMTPT 247 Apples for Barb by RJP111 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2013, 02:43 AM   #10  

Here's my card for Barb

Send along some crafty goodies as well. Thanks for calling our attention to this and now we know what those apples were for! Thanks Cindy!
Charlene -My Gallery
My blog: www.paperandinkplayground.com My shop: thepapersandbox.etsy.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2013, 04:02 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

My card for Barb, which by the end of the week, I plan to get mailed with a box of paper crafting goodies:

MMTPT247 A is for Amazing Barb! by gabalot - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Thanks for looking!

I will be back late tonight to view the gallery and comment. Can't wait!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2013, 04:11 AM   #12  
Watercolor Wizard

Thought I was stumped until I looked through my Cricut Cartridges.....will make a card a little later.......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2013, 04:47 AM   #13  
Forum Fanatic

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

What a nice destination this week. Here's my card .
Teapot Tuesday participant

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2013, 05:33 AM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 84 Likes on 78 Posts

My card will go out today in the mail ...

MMTPT247: School Days
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2013, 05:45 AM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 595 Likes on 369 Posts

Here's my card. I still need to put together some card kits before I send it off.
In Search of the Perfect Apple by yellowrose46 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2013, 06:06 AM   #16  
Watercolor Wizard

Here's my card for this week's challenge

LL;s MMTPT247 Thank You Teacher by muzbysmom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2013, 06:10 AM   #17  
Watercolor Wizard

I forgot to mention - think I'll make up a bunch of these apple cuts and put them in with the card. Pretty fitting for a teacher, right?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2013, 06:47 AM   #18  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
You know I love RED

Received 742 Likes on 354 Posts

Here's mine:

Apple Thank You

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2013, 07:01 AM   #19  
Forum Fanatic

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts
Default My apple for the teacher

Here is my card:
Embroidered apple by JD from PAUSA - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

It's been a while since I've been at a tea party it feels good to be back. Great challenge...thanking for posting, and for all that you do.
QFTD165
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2013, 09:02 AM   #20  
Gabfest Goddess

I love this happy destination this week. Imagine a whole classroom of teapotters in training. HERE is my card for Barb.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2013, 09:47 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm not sure what happened to my apple pattern that Cindy sent us, it was lost in transit when I was re-organizing my space. Are we doing anything with those yet?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2013, 04:36 PM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

It has been such fun to look through the gallery (at least, what was there this morning - I am off to check the rest now.) I am amazed at the variety - particularly all the different apples and school themes. Thanks for the kind words - I do not know Barb nor the students - it was just happenstance - I saw the article in the magazine section of our Sunday paper, and the connection to Tea Potters was so apparent! I agree with what many of you have said - we do enjoy sending cheer to those who are ill or otherwise in need of cheer, but occasionally it is fun to share in a happy event. Thanks to all of you who are sending cards - and to those who are sharing some crafting goodies.

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Here's mine MMTPT247 Thank you by yo sam - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Proud Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2013, 07:43 PM   #24  

Heart

Posted a challenge card on the same day of the challenge! Here is my Kind People card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2013, 11:50 AM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

Coming in tardy this week. Here's my card for Barb.

MMTPT247 - Thank You, Teacher by Twinlynn - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Lynn

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2013, 11:27 AM   #26  
Loves lavender roses

Received 102 Likes on 76 Posts

I'm happy to say this is my second tea party in a row!

To Teach (MMTPT247, WT424) by ~CA~ - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I'm a Twisted Sister!
FS147

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2013, 01:23 PM   #27  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm late posting this card. I have already mailed it but forgot to post it.
Barb's Card
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2013, 07:48 PM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

I received a neat thank you card from Barb, she sent a picture of the kids & had them sign it. What a great feeling.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2013, 06:43 AM   #29  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 84 Likes on 78 Posts

I received a card from Barb with the children at the school and their signatures -- it was so nice to hear from them - such a sweet thank you and surprise! God bless them!
Reply With Quote Likes