Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   2013 Hope You Can Cling To Archive (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/2013-hope-you-can-cling-archive-f418/)
-   -   HYCCT1315A Bursting with Hope Chat Thread (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/2013-hope-you-can-cling-archive-f418/hycct1315a-bursting-hope-chat-thread-t579578.html)

PH in VA 09-25-2013 06:30 PM

HYCCT1315A Bursting with Hope Chat Thread

9 Attachment(s)
Challenge Title: Bursting with Hope
Hostess: PH in VA (Patricia)
Keyword: HYCCT1315A
Date: Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Hi there! Welcome to the fourth annual Hope You Can Cling To challenge and card drive! We're so glad you are here with us. We are excited for your cards to start arriving at MD Anderson Cancer Center to brighten the lives of many people.

I don't know anyone who doesn't hope that a cure for cancer will be found some day soon. Our challenge drive aspires to give the patients at MD Anderson hope that they will beat this horrid disease. Many of us HYCCT hostesses here are so full of hope we're about to burst, LOL! So I thought it would be fun to create cards for this challenge using a starburst design.

Your starburst should be created from either cardstock or patterned paper, and NOT be a stamped image. For your card, you may choose to follow the Starburst Technique tutorial linked below, you may freehand cut your starburst rays, or if you have a die that will cut the starburst shape you may use that! Some people call it a "sunburst" instead of a "starburst" and that's OK. If you'd like to use pink in your starburst you definitely may, but pink is not a requirement.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7, 2013 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our awesome prizes! Please post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine HYCCT challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag, and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!

The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center.

Thank you to my fabulous sample makers - Sabrina, Lydia, Patty, Kathy, and Dina!

Now it's your turn - show us what you can create with your cardstock and patterned papers to let us know that you are bursting with hope!

muzbysmom 10-15-2013 03:59 AM

I just love these starbursts! Have TOPS this morning. Will make my card later!

PH in VA 10-15-2013 04:06 AM

Good morning, everyone! I'll be around throughout the rest of HYCCT to answer any questions you might have about this challenge. I'm looking forward to seeing what y'all create! :D

muzbysmom 10-15-2013 04:39 AM

Got this card done quicker than I thought I would! Helps to watch a YouTube video!

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=56855

allee's 10-15-2013 04:47 AM

Headed out of town this morning, but was able to get this one done quickly! Thanks for posting early! Great challenge!

Here is my card: Perspective

stamp300 10-15-2013 05:05 AM

Good morning, always wanted to try this. I have to return to work & will make it after I get home. Cool challenge.

coffeestamper 10-15-2013 05:13 AM

Great challenge and just had to use my dp that I bought for hycct~
HYCCT1315A-SUNBURST IN PINK! by coffeestamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

mamaxsix 10-15-2013 05:15 AM

Have always wanted to try one with dp (I've done Washi tape and a stenciled sunburst before). Thanks for the tutorial. After my walk and some school I hope to get at this!

CAKath 10-15-2013 05:20 AM

I really had fun creating this. Hope everyone is able to give this a try.

HYCCT1315A Winning this Race! by CAKath - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

PH in VA 10-15-2013 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaxsix (Post 20373822)
Have always wanted to try one with dp (I've done Washi tape and a stenciled sunburst before). Thanks for the tutorial. After my walk and some school I hope to get at this!

Washi tape? Do you have a link to that, just to satisfy my curiosity about it?

Holstein 10-15-2013 05:46 AM

Thanks Patricia for a fun challenge, and posting early. Here is my card.
HYCCT1315A, Silver burst by Holstein - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

peeps321 10-15-2013 05:52 AM

This was a challenge for me...cutting and taping all those pieces..yikes! :rolleyes: But I did have fun and we all need to stretch now and then.

Precious

Clownmom 10-15-2013 05:57 AM

Ah, this technique is so much fun. Here's my card:

Outta This World

Jeanne S 10-15-2013 06:02 AM

Here's mine:
HYCCT1315A Sunburst Card & Purse by Jeanne S - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
and the matching Z Becky Brown purse:
Sunburst Z Becky Brown Purse by Jeanne S - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

PH in VA 10-15-2013 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peeps321 (Post 20373874)
This was a challenge for me...cutting and taping all those pieces..yikes! :rolleyes: But I did have fun and we all need to stretch now and then.

Precious

:D That's why they are called "challenges" - to get us to stretch our creativity!

It's fun seeing how different people are challenged by different things. Using loads of glitter and bling is not my style so I always have difficulty with challenges that call for that. Especially glitter. Loose glitter = shudder. LOL

But all our differences in preferences - in styles, images, colors, embellishments, techniques, etc. - are what makes the gallery here so fun and enjoyable. It would be pretty boring if everyone's cards looked *exactly* alike, ya know?

JBgreendawn 10-15-2013 06:32 AM

here is mine: HYCCT1315A ~ Hope Rays by JBgreendawn - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I think I do like how this turned out and will try it again some time :)

kramomma 10-15-2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzbysmom (Post 20373784)
Got this card done quicker than I thought I would! Helps to watch a YouTube video!

LL's HYCCT1315A Starburst Thank You by muzbysmom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Thanks for this info...I know I made one during DTGD but don't have a clue how I did it...looked on SCS tutorials but nothing came up in the search...now I'll go to youtube...

PH in VA 10-15-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramomma (Post 20374016)
Thanks for this info...I know I made one during DTGD but don't have a clue how I did it...looked on SCS tutorials but nothing came up in the search...now I'll go to youtube...

There is a tutorial linked to the first post in this thread! :)

There are two attachments for it - one is a Word document and one is in Adobe PDF format. They're below the thumbnail images of the samples for the challenge.

kramomma 10-15-2013 07:58 AM

This is the video I watched...SunBurst - YouTube

Forgot the my daughter gives piano lessons this morning so I was banned to the basement for 90 minutes! Finished this card... :grin:

kramomma 10-15-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PH in VA (Post 20374030)
There is a tutorial linked to the first post in this thread! :)

There are two attachments for it - one is a Word document and one is in Adobe PDF format. They're below the thumbnail images of the samples for the challenge.

Sorry I did not see those...I was looking in the main body of the post for directions.

patiak 10-15-2013 08:19 AM

Thanks for doing the tutorial Patricia, looks like a fun technique! I like the papers you used, cute card! I hope to start playing here in the next few days... :)

T. Joy 10-15-2013 08:22 AM

Here's mine! I turned my sunburst upside down and made it into a rug... :)

HYCCT1314 - Look Out World by T. Joy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

PH in VA 10-15-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramomma (Post 20374074)
Sorry I did not see those...I was looking in the main body of the post for directions.

I'm sorry you missed it and had to go off site for instructions, too.

If I'd put the instructions in the challenge post, the post would have been GINORMOUSLY long! So that's why I did the tutorial attached the post, and referenced in the third paragraph of the post.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you create! :)

ohmypaper! 10-15-2013 08:36 AM

Patricia, thanks so much for this fun challenge! I have not tried this technique before, I always thought it looked too difficult but it was easy peasy and fun too!

Just Because

Ksnurse 10-15-2013 08:43 AM

here is mine...

Merci, Merci by Ksnurse - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

kramomma 10-15-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PH in VA (Post 20374162)
I'm sorry you missed it and had to go off site for instructions, too.

If I'd put the instructions in the challenge post, the post would have been GINORMOUSLY long! So that's why I did the tutorial attached the post, and referenced in the third paragraph of the post.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you create! :)

I'm learning...but it's been fun learning...now I will know to look at the post after the samples...I didn't know it was "important" information!!!

It was fun to make...next time I will try double-sided paper to get 6 designs...I had wanted to learn how to make one for a long time...and DTGD provided the push I needed...but I had already forgotten what I had learned! :roll:

PH in VA 10-15-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patiak (Post 20374151)
Thanks for doing the tutorial Patricia, looks like a fun technique! I like the papers you used, cute card! I hope to start playing here in the next few days ... :)

I hear you there. I'm really behind in getting cards made for the previous HYCCT challenges. :(

PH in VA 10-15-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramomma (Post 20374227)
I'm learning...but it's been fun learning...now I will know to look at the post after the samples...I didn't know it was "important" information!!!

It was fun to make...next time I will try double-sided paper to get 6 designs...I had wanted to learn how to make one for a long time...and DTGD provided the push I needed...but I had already forgotten what I had learned! :roll:

It doesn't matter whether you used the video you shared, or the tutorial I created. So long as you've used DP or cardstock to create the rays, you're good. :)

PH in VA 10-15-2013 09:23 AM

I guess I should link the sample cards I made.

Here's the one that goes with the tutorial: HYCCT1315A - sweet starburst

And here's another one with a different style of starburst: HYCCT1315A - bursting with thanks

octoberbabe 10-15-2013 09:45 AM

UH OH!!!!!!!!!! I think I goofed here. I now see that the starburst was to be made of cs or dp.............and I used washi tape. Well this is my card anyway:

HYCCT1315A Blushing With Hope by octoberbabe - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

cjzim 10-15-2013 09:58 AM

Here's my Sunburst card for today - thanks for another great challenge!

Autumn Sunburst

hskelly 10-15-2013 10:30 AM

Here is my Sending Sunshine card.

PH in VA 10-15-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by octoberbabe (Post 20374401)
UH OH!!!!!!!!!! I think I goofed here. I now see that the starburst was to be made of cs or dp.............and I used washi tape. Well this is my card anyway:

HYCCT1315A Blushing With Hope by octoberbabe - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

That just gives you an excuse to make another card, LOL! :) Your washi tape turned out really nicely.

LuvLee 10-15-2013 11:11 AM

I ended up LOVING this challenge and card.....I plan to make more!!!

Bursting In Pink! by LuvLee - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

mcost 10-15-2013 11:13 AM

What a fun technique! :) Thanks so much for challenging me to give it a try! I'll definitely be using up my scraps with this technique in the future. Here's my card .

bensarmom 10-15-2013 11:55 AM

Here's my card for today's challenge. I'm so excited to mail these to make others happy.

Crafty Julia 10-15-2013 12:00 PM

HYCCT1315A Friend Like You

Awesome challenge! I am not great at starbursts, but it was Fun! I used SU's Time With You set, and added a big pink flower for fun. This is dedicated to all those girlfriends out there! Here's Friend Like You

scrapaholic007 10-15-2013 01:25 PM

Good afternoon ladies! Hope you are all having a great day!
I made two cards for this challenge. :)

Rock Star

You Make Me Smile

Mrs Noofy 10-15-2013 01:56 PM

I absolutely love this technique. Here is my effort.
HYCCT1315A Daisy Bursting by Mrs Noofy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Sue

It's Ree 10-15-2013 02:26 PM

Thank you!
Here is my card .