Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   2013 Hope You Can Cling To Archive (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/2013-hope-you-can-cling-archive-f418/)
-   -   HYCCT1301A - Inner Strength Chat Thread (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/2013-hope-you-can-cling-archive-f418/hycct1301a-inner-strength-chat-thread-t579025.html)

UnderstandBlue 09-20-2013 06:28 AM

HYCCT1301A - Inner Strength Chat Thread

10 Attachment(s)
Challenge Title: Inner Strength
Hostess: Understandblue aka Lydia
Keyword: HYCCT1301A
Date: Tuesday, October 1st, 2013

Hello and welcome to the 4th annual Hope You Can Cling To challenge and card drive - we are thrilled to have you here with us.

We are so excited for your cards to start rolling into MD Anderson and brightening the lives of women and men who we know have a lot of inner strength.

That is what inspired my challenge for our kickoff - inner strength. I've seen so much of it in people whose lives have been touched by cancer - it's very humbling.

My challenge to you is to make a card with inner strength - meaning that a dimensional image on the inside of your card can be seen through an opening in the front of your card.

Dimensional ideas include:

-Popping an image or element up on a dimensional
-Stamping an image on the inside of the card with heat embossing for dimension
-Adding a rhinestone or glitter to the inside image

Since I'm one of those people who never stamps on the inside of a card, this really was a challenge for me! I decided to pop up a butterfly on the inside of the card and position him so that his wings would actually move when the card is opened.

I can't wait to see what you do with this!

Thank you again for joining us, and see the details below for sending in your cards.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2013 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!

The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)

Samples from my talented sample makers are attached - thank you!!! MWAH!

Thank you for participating in this card drive!

pegmac71 10-01-2013 04:44 AM

Awesome challenge to kick things off Lydia!! Have some ideas mulling in the head!

lazylizard 10-01-2013 05:13 AM

Thanks for posting this early. I can get this one done before prayer time and work!

muzbysmom 10-01-2013 05:18 AM

Oh what fun! Have a meeting this morning but should get a card made before I have to work this evening! Thanks for a fun challenge!

lazylizard 10-01-2013 05:24 AM

Thanks, Lydia for this great first challenge. Here's my first one:

HYCCT1301A for my friend by lazylizard - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

The others I will do later this afternoon when I get home from work. Thanks for the early post. It was nice to get one done early.

I know there will be some beautiful things in the gallery this month.

Edna15 10-01-2013 05:48 AM

Off to a great start... my sample for this challenge is in the wings... but a quick shout out to all Australian's... some of you may also like to send your cards to a home based organisation... or split them between the two...

Here is the link to the details if you would like to only pay local postage and send to Chicks in Pink organisation who are kindly arranging for delivery straight to the Mater Hospital Breast Clinic.... http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...s-t561903.html!!

mrslaird 10-01-2013 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazylizard (Post 20355959)
Thanks, Lydia for this great first challenge. Here's my first one:

HYCCT1301A for my friend by lazylizard - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

The others I will do later this afternoon when I get home from work. Thanks for the early post. It was nice to get one done early.

I know there will be some beautiful things in the gallery this month.

Girl, you are fast!!!

janeenk 10-01-2013 06:30 AM

Good challenge. I first made a card like this last week! Sharpening my skills today. :)

muzbysmom 10-01-2013 06:32 AM

I've made a card but I can't get it to upload into the HYCCT challenge gallery. My computer is telling me that gallery does not exist? Is it me or a Splitcoast glitch?

basement stamper 10-01-2013 06:33 AM

I struggle with the inside of my cards as well, what a great challenge! :)

allee's 10-01-2013 06:36 AM

I'm so excited that today has arrived! Thanks for starting us off with this fun challenge, Lydia!

Here is my Inner Strength design!

UnderstandBlue 10-01-2013 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzbysmom (Post 20356102)
I've made a card but I can't get it to upload into the HYCCT challenge gallery. My computer is telling me that gallery does not exist? Is it me or a Splitcoast glitch?

You're choosing Special Collections, then Hope You can Cling To, then Hope You can Cling To 2013? (2 subcats under special collections)

mrslaird 10-01-2013 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzbysmom (Post 20356102)

I just tried it and it was there for me. In main galleries, I picked Events and Special Collections, in Sub Galleries I picked HYCCT, and another sub popped up letting me pick HYCCT 2013. Does that help?

mrslaird 10-01-2013 06:40 AM

As always, Lydia is faster and more concise than I am. :)

Scraperwannabe 10-01-2013 06:51 AM

There are some beautiful cards in the gallery! What a great way to start the day! :D

Greywolf 10-01-2013 06:55 AM

Alright! We are off and running. Thanks for an easy challenge to start us off Lydia.

Strength tuck 'n folded

Uploading and choosing the gallery was quick and easy for me.

Clownmom 10-01-2013 07:42 AM

A great way to get started, Lydia! I'm hoping to be able to do a card for each challenge. I've got my medium Flat Rate Box open and ready.

Here's my first card: Heart to Heart

stampingout 10-01-2013 08:03 AM

Great challenge, Lydia! Here is my card.

HYCCT1301A-Candy Makes Everything Better! by stampingout - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

muscrat 10-01-2013 08:05 AM

Gorgeous examples! Will get to this later today!

vdoyle8 10-01-2013 08:13 AM

Whoooo HOOOO! And we're off!!
Just back from working out and grocery store, have to clean & cook. One of the side effects of my husband's cancer surgery is that he needs to eat small amounts frequently - and not everything appeals to him ... I spend lots of time cooking now :)
Can't wait to try this challenge - later tonight!

CAKath 10-01-2013 08:23 AM

Lydia, what an awesome challenge to get us started this month. Can't wait to see what everyone creates. Yea!

muzbysmom 10-01-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlue (Post 20356119)
You're choosing Special Collections, then Hope You can Cling To, then Hope You can Cling To 2013? (2 subcats under special collections)

When I first tried to upload my card the third category did not come up. Not sure why so I left for my meeting and tried uploading again just now and the second sub category came up for me. My card can be found here

HYCCT1301A Lynn's Dimentional Window Card by muzbysmom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

LuvLee 10-01-2013 08:48 AM

Well of COURSE I had to go PINK to kick off this month!!! ;)

Rudolph's In The Pink! by LuvLee - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

coffeestamper 10-01-2013 08:52 AM

Great challenge Lydia, here's mine~
LYDIA-A INNER STRENGH! by coffeestamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

peeps321 10-01-2013 09:03 AM

I liked this one :p Here's my card showing inner strength:

Dear Friend

lisa lara 10-01-2013 09:38 AM

I just love this challenge theme Lydia. Great one. And what gorgeous samples.

Cook22 10-01-2013 10:01 AM

I bought Verve's "Words of Wisdom" specially for this month - so what better way to kick off than by breaking it out.
Loved this, Lydia. I don't use apertures often enough. I think I overdosed when I started card-making and bought packs of precut aperture cards, LOL.

HYCCT1301A Be {e}

muscrat 10-01-2013 10:04 AM

Here's my card for the challenge. I have been wanting to do a card like this for a while, and Lydia just got my mojo going! HYCCT1301A Inner Strength Butterfly by muscrat - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

tessaduck 10-01-2013 10:09 AM

Awesome challenge, and fabulous samples! I'd been wanting to use these wreaths for a while... and this challenge was a great opportunity to do so. Thanks.

HYCCT1301A birthday wreath by tessaduck - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

sadiejane929 10-01-2013 11:28 AM

Butterfly of Hope

1 Attachment(s)
Should I have put an "A" behind the keyword? It did not have one on the master thread but I noticed the other two were labeled "B" and "C".

Anyway, here is mine. I really cheated and used this cute little band of flowers I found on some dp. The butterfly is centered in the circle cutout, the card was not laying right when I took the pic. I need photography lessons *sigh*

UnderstandBlue 10-01-2013 11:34 AM

OMG yes - sorry about that!!

Please be sure you're choosing the HYCCT gallery (NOT your member gallery) and my keyword DOES have an A - thank you!!

catdidit 10-01-2013 11:52 AM

Loved this challenge! Thanks for the inspiration Lydia! Here is mine:

What is Black, White and Read all over?

naturecoastcrafter 10-01-2013 12:07 PM

Way to kick it off, Lydia! So much fun!

saffivort 10-01-2013 12:41 PM

Had a big day of crafting today and managed to get lots of samples done!

Here's my Butterflies Inner Strength for this challenge!

Hugs, Vannessa x

bensarmom 10-01-2013 01:02 PM

Great Challenge Lydia! Here's my card .

It's Ree 10-01-2013 02:52 PM

It has been a very long time since I last made a card. I've been spending my free time sewing instead. :) I am ready for HYCCT!
Here is my card

Vervegirl 10-01-2013 04:38 PM

Super fun challenge, Lydia! Here's mine..

Happy from the Inside Out by Vervegirl - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Greywolf 10-01-2013 04:56 PM

There are so many beautiful ways to interpret this challenge. I'll have to come back later and pick some to case.

hbrown 10-01-2013 05:14 PM

Hi sweetie! Here's my Leafy Thanks card for your challenge. Wheeeeeeee!!!! HYCCT is off and running!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!

BluDragon 10-01-2013 05:24 PM

Lots of great card so far =) Here is mine. HYCCT1301A - Flowers