Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   2013 Hope You Can Cling To Archive (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/2013-hope-you-can-cling-archive-f418/)
-   -   Hope You Can Cling To 2013 Chatter Thread (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/2013-hope-you-can-cling-archive-f418/hope-you-can-cling-2013-chatter-thread-t577576.html)

UnderstandBlue 08-26-2013 09:14 AM

Hope You Can Cling To 2013 Chatter Thread

Welcome to the busiest chat thread on Splitcoast. This is our "break room" where we will hang out during October and get to know each other a little better!

This thread is for pure fun and chat.

If you have questions about the event, please don't post them here, head over to our FAQ thread.

If you have a recipe you'd like to share, post it in our recipe box thread here. Be sure and come back here and tell us about it though! :)

scrapaholic007 08-26-2013 01:55 PM

I'm really looking forward to participating and have shared the HYCCT details link with friends.

scrapaholic007 08-26-2013 02:55 PM

As I browsed through the previous galleries, I discovered Squigglefly digital images and hopped on over there. They have a freebie page, to "try before you buy." A few of the free images are support ribbons and related. Didn't want anyone to miss out!
Squigglefly.com Digital Stamps - Digital Stamp Downloads for Stamping, Scrapbooking, and More!

superjen 08-28-2013 08:05 AM

Yay! I have a four day kid free weekend the last weeked in September. DH is taking them to visit the in-laws so it's win-win. Anyway, my plan is to get my space in ship-shape for the month of October!

ashjoy 08-28-2013 08:35 AM

I'm excited!

KelliJo 08-28-2013 02:21 PM

YAY!!!! FOUND YA!!!!! :mrgreen:

SO love this challenge... I will be playing right along with you all, hostess or not!!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE HYCCT

Off to grab my blinkie!

andreasscraps 08-29-2013 05:22 AM

I really enjoy this challenge month too! Can't wait!

Scraperwannabe 08-29-2013 09:42 AM

I'm getting ready for Oct! :mrgreen:

Cook22 08-31-2013 02:08 AM

I bought some pink card this week :D.

Cook22 08-31-2013 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapaholic007 (Post 20310607)
As I browsed through the previous galleries, I discovered Squigglefly digital images and hopped on over there. They have a freebie page, to "try before you buy." A few of the free images are support ribbons and related. Didn't want anyone to miss out!
Squigglefly.com Digital Stamps - Digital Stamp Downloads for Stamping, Scrapbooking, and More!

I was just tidying my downloads folder earlier this week and found preview images of them there from last year! I didn't remember that they were freebies, and was trying to find them in the store to buy. So thanks for the link and the reminder that they are free!!

ashjoy 08-31-2013 06:08 AM

Hi all!
So tell me what I need to do to prep for October?
Ill have images stamped, and some colored.
I have my clear A2 sleeves, as well as some other sizes.
Cut card bases in white and Kraft, and use purchased bases that come with envies. ( Coredinations was on sale yesterday at Joann's)

What am I missing?

Cook22 08-31-2013 06:29 AM

Hi Joyce :D.

Doesn't sound to me as if you're missing much. If I remember correctly from last year, Lydia asked the hostesses not to use any way-out supplies, so that it would be easy for people to play along. With only one challenge a day (3 on the first day), you don't even so much need prepared bases, though they're always handy!
Hope you got some PINK Core-dinations :D.
The real must-haves are the envelopes and clear envelopes/bags, which you've already got covered so I'd say you're good to go.

ashjoy 09-02-2013 04:36 AM

Great. I'm trying to be efficient as ill be on a cruise 10 days out of the month so will need to play catch up when I get home.

The core card bases that the Joann's I was at were only white and Kraft.

saffivort 09-02-2013 10:49 AM

Hope this is ok to post here but A Day For Daisies have a freebie digi image just perfect for the HYCCT challenges : Ribbon Trees For a Cause Freebie Bundle Ribbon Trees for a Cause Freebie Bundle With Purchase [] - - It's Free! : A Day For Daisies, Custom Artwork - ADayForDaisies.com

Hugs, Vannessa

Ksnurse 09-02-2013 02:38 PM

I'm so ready for a month of pink crafting....I'm so excited to be a hostess this yr and can't wait for the fun to start...

tessaduck 09-02-2013 08:34 PM

Yay! I found the chat thread! Awesomeness. I bought a package pink card stock (NOT my favorite color) just for the month of October... Got the sleeves and envelopes. Jazzed.

superjen 09-03-2013 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tessaduck (Post 20320854)
Yay! I found the chat thread! Awesomeness. I bought a package pink card stock (NOT my favorite color) just for the month of October... Got the sleeves and envelopes. Jazzed.

Glad to know I'm not the only one...

muzbysmom 09-03-2013 06:46 AM

I have an ample supply of pink (and most every other color) cardstock and am excited to get started with HYCCT again this year!

superS 09-03-2013 10:35 AM

Hey everyone! I can't wait, this is so much fun, back for a second year. I may not be able to do all the challenges but I'm certainly going to try.

Hugs to everyone!! :p

Lydia, will I be needing pink cs?

UnderstandBlue 09-03-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superS (Post 20321498)
Hey everyone! I can't wait, this is so much fun, back for a second year. I may not be able to do all the challenges but I'm certainly going to try.

Hugs to everyone!! :p

Lydia, will I be needing pink cs?

I will definitely put out a shopping list, but you certainly won't need it for every challenge. Most challenges don't require pink :)

scrapaholic007 09-03-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saffivort (Post 20320233)
Hope this is ok to post here but A Day For Daisies have a freebie digi image just perfect for the HYCCT challenges : Ribbon Trees For a Cause Freebie Bundle Ribbon Trees for a Cause Freebie Bundle With Purchase [] - - It's Free! : A Day For Daisies, Custom Artwork - ADayForDaisies.com

Hugs, Vannessa

Thanks for sharing this info! I downloaded them as well as the Hepburn Dress one, She would go well with my "fight like a girl" stamp from A Muse. :~)

JanetJ 09-05-2013 02:03 PM

This will be the first year I've tried to do this event!!

Here is a website that has free digital stamps daily - written & drawn. Hope this helps:

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!...type=2&theater

mamaxsix 09-05-2013 02:18 PM

Always so much fun! Looking forward to both the challenges and the chat...oh and of course, prizes at the end are always fun too!
From what I remember from HYCCT last year, the challenges are a broad mix and not just focused on pink and bling and all things girly, but there are always a few that are.

JanetJ 09-05-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanetJ (Post 20325079)
This will be the first year I've tried to do this event!!

Here is a website that has free digital stamps daily - written & drawn. Hope this helps:

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!...type=2&theater

WRONG site!! My computer isn't working right!!

Here is the CORRECT site:

http://www.freedigitalstamps.blogspot.com/

Misstreez 09-05-2013 02:42 PM

I've been checking out the home page for a few weeks for the first signs of HYCCT.

This year I'll be prepping some card bases, die cuts and some embellishments for some quick cards when I'm short on time. I also found some card blanks and envies that'll be very useful too.

dini 09-05-2013 03:55 PM

SO. EXCITED. :D

Kathleen Curry 09-06-2013 01:25 PM

So excited to play along again, it's my favorite month on SCS! I'm ready with the pink (that's just normal, since it's one of my favorites).

ashjoy 09-06-2013 01:44 PM

Hi all!
Come and play along with VSN this weekend as a warm up!

Crafty Math Chick 09-06-2013 03:35 PM

Oh Cool - the 2013 HYCCT thread is already up! I saw them putting out lots of pink ribbon merchandise near the register at our Michaels today... along with the Christmas items... Halloween merchandise is about 60-65% gone in our store already - C-R-A-Z-Y!!!

Greywolf 09-09-2013 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misstreez (Post 20325123)
I've been checking out the home page for a few weeks for the first signs of HYCCT.

This year I'll be prepping some card bases, die cuts and some embellishments for some quick cards when I'm short on time. I also found some card blanks and envies that'll be very useful too.

Hi Theresa. I never do understand how people can do prepping ahead of time, before knowing what the challenges are. Can you give me some tips about what you do? I know I can cut a bunch of card bases in pink and neutral colors, but how do you know what die cuts, etc. will work? Last year I set out a bunch of stuff to use, but most of it didn't fit with the challenges and I had to make my choices as each new challenge was posted. I'd love to know how to get a head start.

eta: P.S. So glad I found the chat thread, although I might not spend quite as much time here this year as I did last year. I just about wrote off the whole month of October 2012 for any other activity.

Cook22 09-09-2013 09:17 AM

Me too, Val! I'm not much of one for having pre-coloured images because if I'm using DP I pick my colours from that. And for me, it's usually quicker to start from scratch than try to find anything I already have in the way of die-cuts :rolleyes:.

ashjoy 09-09-2013 09:31 AM

Fight BIG girl! My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nillysilly_ol'bear (Post 20327919)
will the list be coming out fairly soon?
since I'm still going through my own cancer battle, hubby does most of my shopping for me, other than what I try to get online. I hope to have enough time to pick up what extra things I might need. ;)

but then again, I ALWAYS have plenty of pink goodies on hand! tee hee! I've been stocking up little bits by little bits for this.

hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Greywolf 09-09-2013 12:36 PM

Sabrina, even if I do have pre-colored images (I usually have some), they don't go with the challenge themes. And the die cuts will usually depend on the size of the image.

I'd be interested in hearing how other people prep ahead of time.

superjen 09-09-2013 12:50 PM

I don't color much to begin with so here is what I do.

- I make sure my space is clean and organized (this is huge for me).
- I pull out my sketch notebook, look through old magazines and bookmark cards I think will be easy to pull together. Ditto with my pinterest board.
- I pick out a couple of pads of paper to work from, coordinating embellishments and some other things that might work as focal points (like those embellishment packages I've been hoarding). I try to work from these limited supplies when possible because it just makes card making that much faster for me.
- I pull out tried and true sentiments, maybe a new stamp set or two that I've been itching to ink up.
- I also make sure I have plenty of plain cardstock and adhesive on hand! Nothing is worse than trying to fit a trip in to Michaels when I could be making something.

Other than that, I just load my ATG gun and holster it, waiting (im)patiently.

tessaduck 09-09-2013 01:09 PM

Ditto Superjen. I always have a stash of card bases cut and scored, and I have to stock up on pink, since that's not a color I use much. I have a tray of pink dp scraps and a file of dp that I'm anticipating would be needed for breast cancer focus. Same with the stamps-- I pull the ones that might be needed and scan the files for anything else that might apply, just to refresh my memory of the inventory. It definitely helps to be organized and start with a clear work space. I don't pre-color images, usually.

BluDragon 09-09-2013 01:59 PM

Last year was my first time making cards for HYCCT but we were moving at the time so I didnt get to finish the month. This year im really excited to go the whole month...without the stress of moving on my mind =)