Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Challenge Title: Honor your Elders
Hostess: Kathleen Lammie
Date: Sunday, October 27th, 2013
Thank you so much for checking out my challenge! In our culture, our elders are not always held in such high regard. Think about it for a minute. Was there some older person in your life who really made a difference? It could be a family member, a teacher or professor, healthcare professional, a clergy member, a neighbor, so many possibilities! So lets make a card to honor your elders. Extra points for vintage and/or using gold. If you have time, let us know who you are honoring and why. Special thanks to Stacy, Dina and KelliJo for making examples!
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HYCCT1327
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2013 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
This is in honor of my wonderful grandmother, Alice, who loved to go shopping and dress stylishly- she even had a gardening dress! As she loved her garden, I put lots of fall leaves. Here's Alice's Shopping Trip
I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. –Maya Angelou
When I was 8 years old my family moved into a rental home, the neighbors were an older couple and leery of our family (4 boys and 1 girl) but from the first time I met them I adored them...over the next 10 years I was their constant companion and helper as they aged...
The sunburst is for all the times we sat outside on their hill under a tree and we talked about life...