Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Challenge Title: Keep it Under Wraps
Hostess: Ksnurse (Sheri)
Oh My Word!! I just can't tell you how excited I am to be a hostess for HYCCT13. This has got to be one of my fave events at SCS. This is such a blessing to all and it is so wonderful to see all the awesome cards that are going to be brightening up the days of a lot of people. Thank you to all who play along.
My mother was an original Frugalista, 'cept in those days we were just called cheap. I can remember many dresses remade from hers or my aunts clothes, used textbooks covered up with decorated brown paper grocery sacks, etc. I even had a dress once made out of a vintage sheet that she found at a garage sale. She was a master at covering up the original purpose of an object. So in honor of her, we are going to cover something up: a plain spiral notebook, legal pad, composition book etc. and turn it into something pretty.
As a nurse, I always tell my patients to write things down to ask when the Dr. comes around and I would buy stacks of cheap notebooks at dollar store to give them instead of plain charting paper. I want you to make a decorated (altered) notepad of any kind that can be used by the patients to jot notes, keep address of new friends, family to leave notes, journal of their journey, etc. Since this is Breast Cancer Awareness month, please put at least a spot of pink on it.
And just remember: have fun I can't wait to see what y'all come up with!!
View the gallery for this challenge here
View the Hope You Can Cling To gallery Here
View the Hope You Can Cling To master challenge thread Here
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To gallery with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2013 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
And a H-U-G-E squishy hug to all my talented sample makers. You are wonderful!!
I've hunted the house and I can't find a note pad or post it note pad that hasn't been used .... I actually have not one, not two, not three, but FOUR altered note pads here that I've gotten from other gals from swaps..... MAYBE I can un-alter and re-alter one of those if I just can't wait until my shopping trip a little later today.....
Sheri- awesome challenge, I often need a pad of paper to jot something down- and a friend gave me this brightly colored pad. I decorated it with American Craft's light green polka dot dp, and a bird image from a Lost & Found matstack. Finished with a breast cancer applique and a fabric flower. Here's Spread Your Wings
A friend's eye is a good mirror. Irish Proverb
I unearthed this gorgeous pink notepad, and added an owl- my daughter worked with a raptor rehabilitation center in high school- so there are 2 different papers for the wings. Owls are known for their strength- just ask my daughter- and I thought this was perfect for this challenge. Finished with a Think Pink paper border. Here's Fall Owl
A friend's eye is a good mirror. Irish Proverb
I used fabric to cover a spiral notebook. I made it so the notebook could be changed out.--I hope this is okay. I've been wanting to make something like this for a while. Now, I will have the confidence to make another! Thanks for the great challenge.
Here is my covered notebook .
WHAT? You don't have a bin in the storage room that has at least 50 composition notebooks which were purchased at least 9 years ago at the prices of 15 cents each?
Haha. I guess we homeschooling moms think alike! I'm constantly telling my kids that they don't need to conserve paper as I have REAMS of it stashed downstairs.
I got my notebook done, but had to run out the door without taking photos or uploading and as it was I almost missed my train! I will be able to comment but will not be back home til Saturday.