Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Challenge Title: Sticking by Your Side
Hostess: Tenia Sanders-Nelson
Date: Sunday, October 13, 2013
Hello Y'all!! Hope all is well. Today's challenge focuses on sticking by friends and family that need that your love! So today I would love for y'all to create a card with a Washi Tape Background!! Have fun and can't wait to see what y'all create!!
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2013 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
Check out what my AWESOMESAUCE sample makers created for this challenge!!!
Thanks for the lovely comments!!
My Blog:Jazzy Paper Designs Summer 2012 CAS DT Member
Currently designing for some great companies!!!
Hi Girls: another great challenge. an extra challenge for me since I didn't have any washi tape and have no time to get some. So I created my own with my Zink hAppy. This was so fun to make. Who doesn't like bling!? Enjoy.
This challenge was a challenge for me! I do have rolls of washi tape, but I had to dust them off before I used them. This card was the first completed card I made with washi and it is so easy to work with. Tenia, I love your theme of sticking by the side of these patients. It's a long journey so a great tie in for our month. Here's my to the point card:
Tenia- awesome challenge, thanks! I so love washi tape I used SU's Pun Fun for my image, as I love a good cup of coffee with my dear friends and family members- and added a bunny for fun (we have an adorable pet bunny named Staccato). Used a big green and brown ribbon, and added a red polka dot washi tape border to emphasize my message- here's Love You a Latte
I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. –Maya Angelou
__________________ Mary ~~ Proud Fan Club Member ~~ QFTD #152 CC Guest Design Team Member for October 2012 & August 2013 2014 CAS Spring Design Team Member SU Consultant 1st year anniversary "Life's greatest adventure is finding your place in the Circle of Life" - Lion King
By the time I got around to making a card for your challenge, Tenia, I was thinking the challenge was to use washi tape on my card. Re-reading it just now, I see that my memory failed me! It is to create a BACKGROUND w/washi tape. Oooops. I'm submitting this one and will try to create another one, using the few roles of rak washi tape I have.