Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Whether you are a survivor, currently fighting your own battle or you're part of a support network: you have superman strength - STRENGTH OF STEEL! To celebrate that strength, show off your metal Feel free to use aluminum foil in your creation, recycled soda cans, home improvement flashing, or use a metal embellishment! Check out our samples! To use aluminum foil - simple adhere it (glue stick works great) to a piece of cardstock. Once its adhered - you can emboss it, punch it, die cut it, etc! If you haven't ever used a soda can for a fabulous embellishment - rinse one out and check out these tutorials:
Are you having fun? We hope so because the cards you are making are going to bring some much love & joy into the people going through cancer, their caregivers and loved ones.
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2013 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
Welcome to my challenge thanks so much to all of my sample makers! I can't wait to get chatting with all of you and see your creations!
(I have this pesky little thing called work but I will be back!!)
I have to start wrapping up my crafty projects and start the exiting process of packing and cleaning so this is a quick little card using a metal embellishment. Maybe when we get back, I can make another and play with cans!!!
__________________ Mary ~~ Proud Fan Club Member ~~ QFTD #152 CC Guest Design Team Member for October 2012 & August 2013 2014 CAS Spring Design Team Member SU Consultant 1st year anniversary "Life's greatest adventure is finding your place in the Circle of Life" - Lion King