Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree1641Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2013, 01:57 PM   #1601
Proud Fan Club Member

I just checked my tracking and my box arrived yesterday at 11:38 a.m.!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-08-2013, 03:05 PM   #1602
Kookie Creator

Send a message via AIM to gl1253

I sure enjoyed the challenges this year! Thanks so much for everyone's efforts. But no one told me as a newbie I was going to go through withdrawals!!!!!!!!!!! I guess I'll have to get on a few other challenge boards after I get all my Christmas banners ready to sell in the next week or so. It was great to meet all of you. I'm sure we'll keep in touch.

Gayle
scrapaholic007, mamaxsix and jeenny2010 like this post.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:42 PM   #1603
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Yahoo to scrapaholic007

I had so much fun doing these challenges, I feel a little depressed that it's over.
I'm going to try and participate in more of the daily challenges here now. It's really a great way to keep those creative joints lubed!
mamaxsix, Ksnurse and jeenny2010 like this post.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:51 PM   #1604
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapaholic007 View Post
I had so much fun doing these challenges, I feel a little depressed that it's over.
I'm going to try and participate in more of the daily challenges here now. It's really a great way to keep those creative joints lubed!
Shannon, we have the color challenge going on every Tuesday and its a great way to get the creativity going. Come on over and join us this week

Splitcoaststampers Color Challenge DT Coordinator

My Blog
scrapaholic007, stamp300 and jeenny2010 like this post.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:38 PM   #1605
Proud Fan Club Member

I love what everyone has done for this great cause! I lost my Grandmother years and years ago to breast cancer aver a very long battle. I unfortunately never got to see her in her very last days. I do wish I had and regret very much that I didn't. I loved doing this challenge my only hang up really is the request for no religious stamping. That does bug me a bit. I do not know if next year I will participate if that is the request again. As of this moment I do plan to join in again. I also had my kids Birthday party to work on in the month of October so it does put me to a grind for sure. I didn't crack down on making cards till after the 21st. I am very proud to say this household was able to squeak in to the queens list. And really am very happy to have helped even if it was using just what I had available.
mamaxsix, muscrat and jeenny2010 like this post.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #1606
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shailiekat View Post
I loved doing this challenge my only hang up really is the request for no religious stamping. That does bug me a bit. I do not know if next year I will participate if that is the request again. As of this moment I do plan to join in again.
As long as the cards are going to this hospital, and the hospital is part of the State of Texas, I don't see the religious aspect changing. As someone who wouldn't want to receive religious-specific cards if I were a patient, I appreciate that aspect of the card drive. I'm sure there are plenty of religious hospitals that would welcome your religious cards if you'd like to look for a local place to donate year-round in addition to participating again next year!
sadiejane929 and Stamperamma like this post.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:57 PM   #1607
Proud Fan Club Member

I can to some point understand the request just saying for me it is a damper. I had a few cars I did which I had a terrible time not saying something that could be considered religious. That being said I am not a very religious person. Just the type to buck all restrictions actually. I did have a great time and my friends and I had a great time aiding over card designs too.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:26 PM   #1608
Pearl-ExPert

Hi all,
This is only the second or third time I have been on the chat thread this year! I can't believe how my lack of planning let our move happen in HYCCT month. Our next move (which will hopefully happen in about a year) definitely will not happen in October! We are only moving two hours away from our previous home so we got a truck and loaded up all the big furniture in that and my hubby decided we would just get the rest in our vehicles whenever we came down. Needless to say we have been back and forth about 15 times over the last month so I have not been at either house long enough to do anything. Finally on the 30th of October I got a few cards done. then didn't get to work again until the 4th of Nov. So I had about 26 cards to do between the 4th and the 7th. I really didn't think for a while that I would finish, but yesterday my hubby let me have the whole day to work on cards and I did work the whole day, except for a short break to go eat lunch at a burger place 5 minutes from the house. It was fun just doing one card after another, but boy was my back stiff last night when I finished.
This is my third year doing HYCCT though and I did not want to let it go. My husband just kept saying - "well, maybe this year you just won't be able to do all the cards". But I just felt like I had to keep trying right up until the last minute. And this year I feel like it's more important than ever for I have had two more friends go through treatment recently and are in the middle of their battle.
I finished my cards last night about an hour before I thought I would and got them all linked up and on to my master tracking sheet. I think I must have been the last person to post on many of the threads.
I've missed all the chatter while making cards so now I'll have to go back and catch up on what ya'll have been up to.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:46 PM   #1609
Pearl-ExPert

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misstreez View Post
This time last year I was also trying to move house, clean a house and repair a house. Too much.
You know just what I have gone through this year because that is what I have been going through the whole month of October.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:22 PM   #1610
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gl1253 View Post
I sure enjoyed the challenges this year! Thanks so much for everyone's efforts. But no one told me as a newbie I was going to go through withdrawals!!!!!!!!!!! I guess I'll have to get on a few other challenge boards after I get all my Christmas banners ready to sell in the next week or so. It was great to meet all of you. I'm sure we'll keep in touch.
In the next day or so, Lydia will open the Prize Drawing thread, and we can all hang out there while she tantalizes, teases and tortures us as we wait for the prize drawings to begin. Then, she will continue to do the same as she spreads the drawings out over at least several days. She is VERY good at her job, and we all have fun helping her pick random numbers. Watch that thread and come join in the fun when it opens.
dini, stamp300 and superjen like this post.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:58 PM   #1611
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Yahoo to scrapaholic007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryR917 View Post
Shannon, we have the color challenge going on every Tuesday and its a great way to get the creativity going. Come on over and join us this week
I'm heading over there NOW! I have the rest of the evening free! Thanks!
Old 11-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #1612
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS Gallery Moderator
Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator

Quote:
There are challenges every day, and there's a good sense of community among the players, even if there isn't the same level of chat as on this thread. There's a list and links on the home page, which is always an easy way to access them. Time constraints don't let me do them all, and I couldn't possibly say which is my favourite, , but there's something for everyone whether you want to stretch and grow outside your comfort zone or just find inspiration.
SCS Photo Challenge #201 ~Vacation Favourites
Ways to Use It : Thursday Challenge ~Make It Monumental
Techniques ~ Monday is Technique Time - TLC499: Tape It Off
mamaxsix likes this post.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:41 PM   #1613
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzbysmom View Post
My package is ready to mail! Wahoo! I'm probably one of the world's worst procrastinators but it's ready to mail!
Nope I am according to my hubby in the quilting department.
QFTD52
FS318
You Can Do It Challenge
HYCCT2013
Old 11-09-2013, 05:03 AM   #1614
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook22 View Post
There are challenges every day, and there's a good sense of community among the players, even if there isn't the same level of chat as on this thread. There's a list and links on the home page, which is always an easy way to access them. Time constraints don't let me do them all, and I couldn't possibly say which is my favourite, , but there's something for everyone whether you want to stretch and grow outside your comfort zone or just find inspiration.
You've changed your avatar and I didn't know who was talking!

Maybe I'll change mine soon...can't remember how to do that but I've done it before so will take a refresher course and succeed

Apple processing starts in 56 minutes...I will finish them today...
Old 11-09-2013, 05:04 AM   #1615
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
By your time zone there wasn't but minutes left of the day...unless of course you sleep on first shift...
Old 11-09-2013, 05:30 AM   #1616
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS Gallery Moderator
Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramomma View Post
You've changed your avatar and I didn't know who was talking!

Maybe I'll change mine soon...can't remember how to do that but I've done it before so will take a refresher course and succeed

Apple processing starts in 56 minutes...I will finish them today...
Avatar tutorial here: Splitcoaststampers - Help
The really important thing is the size .

I'm always Snoopy, but I do change him according to the season, and I coloured him pink for last year's HYCCT just for fun.
SCS Photo Challenge #201 ~Vacation Favourites
Ways to Use It : Thursday Challenge ~Make It Monumental
Techniques ~ Monday is Technique Time - TLC499: Tape It Off
stamp300 likes this post.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:44 AM   #1617
Die Cut Diva

I mailed them all so they should be there by Tuesday or Wednesday. 50 cards in all

Last edited by Zehra; 11-09-2013 at 08:00 AM..
Ksnurse, muscrat and jeenny2010 like this post.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:42 AM   #1618
Glitter Guru

My box is packed will drop it off tonight or tomorrow (we have the automated postal machine). Was so much fun to look through all of the cards as I packed them up. What a fun month.

Rosy, I'm with you, I got teary the other day looking through the gallery and seeing all these cards made with so much love, going to people who so deserve some cheer. Such a win/win all around!
stamp300, Ksnurse and jeenny2010 like this post.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #1619
Proud Fan Club Member

My package was mailed today and will get there Friday. So proud of myself and my house hold.
Ksnurse and jeenny2010 like this post.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #1620
Glitter Guru

I just remembered to check my confirmation #. My box was mailed on Nov 4th and arrived in Houston on the morning of Nov. 6th.

I am always glad when packages arrive safely. It would be fun to see all the packages that are delivered to the cancer center.
stamp300, Ksnurse and jeenny2010 like this post.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:09 PM   #1621
Insane Embellisher

I see that US News has UT MD Anderson listed as #1 for best hospitals for cancer treatment 2013-2014! Mayo in Rochester MN, where my uncle was treated, is #3!

U.S. News Best Hospitals 2013-14

It's good to see MD Anderson getting all of these cards. I look forward to this annual cardmaking event, the challenges, both creatively & personally (time management, juggling, etc). Then the result and destination - to send them off to MD Anderson to encourage patients & families! This makes me want to check into my local hospital where my co-workers, neighbors & friends are being treated for cancer, or other centers family have been treated at too, to see if they would like some cards. Maybe there's also another place I can contribute my cards made throughout the year for other challenges, and it would be an inspiration/motivation for me to make more cards more often! Wow, maybe I'm ready to move past my hoarding phase, heehee, hoarding materials & hoarding cards that is. Now I can take a picture of the card then pass it on to be an encouragement rather than it taking up space in my room, and being forgotten.
stamp300, Cook22 and jeenny2010 like this post.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:44 PM   #1622
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by patiak View Post
This makes me want to check into my local hospital where my co-workers, neighbors & friends are being treated for cancer, or other centers family have been treated at too, to see if they would like some cards. Maybe there's also another place I can contribute my cards made throughout the year for other challenges, and it would be an inspiration/motivation for me to make more cards more often! Wow, maybe I'm ready to move past my hoarding phase, heehee, hoarding materials & hoarding cards that is. Now I can take a picture of the card then pass it on to be an encouragement rather than it taking up space in my room, and being forgotten.
I donated about 50 of "stash"..cards I'd been hoarding..don't know why....to the local Children's Hospital this summer when a relative was a patient there. I handed them over to the Family Resource Center and they were thrilled to get them. Made me feel GREAT! Terrific idea...check out your local hospitals.
stamp300, Holstein and jeenny2010 like this post.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:28 PM   #1623
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeps321 View Post
I donated about 50 of "stash"..cards I'd been hoarding..don't know why....to the local Children's Hospital this summer when a relative was a patient there. I handed them over to the Family Resource Center and they were thrilled to get them. Made me feel GREAT! Terrific idea...check out your local hospitals.
I donated 15 cards in August and again in September to my local hospital...sadly they didn't seem to know what to do with them even when I explained it... The Auxiliary would be thrilled to have them to sell in their display booth...but that wasn't my desire...not sure what has happened to them...

Maybe I'll just keep making them throughout the year and have lots more to donate come next year on November 1st...
Ksnurse and jeenny2010 like this post.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:49 PM   #1624
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramomma View Post
Maybe I'll just keep making them throughout the year and have lots more to donate come next year on November 1st...
That's what I do.

If you hear a voice within you say you cannot paint,
then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.
Vincent Van Gogh

jeenny2010 likes this post.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:57 PM   #1625
Glitter Guru

I recently donated 100 cards to each of two Ronald McDonald houses near me. They were extremely appreciative.

The one house like to put a basket in each room where family members stay of assorted cards so they can use them as they like on their stay, since it may be hard to run out for a birthday or other card with a sick child in the hospital. Not sure what the second house planned to do with them, but they were very thankful and said they would be used for certain.

Great ideas to put aside cards all year for MD Anderson, too. I was thinking I might start a box and just mail it when it's full. Even if it's not October, they could use them.

Pati, laughing about the not hoarding. That is me, too. Not sure what I'm hoarding things for, it feels good to use them for a nice purpose!
stamp300 and Stamperamma like this post.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:21 PM   #1626
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook22 View Post
Avatar tutorial here: Splitcoaststampers - Help
The really important thing is the size .

I'm always Snoopy, but I do change him according to the season, and I coloured him pink for last year's HYCCT just for fun.

Will work on that this next week...today I spent the day in the kitchen...processed 36 quarts of apple pie filling and 14 pints of apple butter...finished all the apples given to me free this year...

I'm finished...

Well...if someone gave me more free apples I would process them...but...I think I'm finished...

I even finished one card today and it was pink...
Old 11-09-2013, 08:34 PM   #1627
Die Cut Diva

Sounds like you've got the apple pie ready...I'll be over with ice cream!
Ksnurse likes this post.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:52 AM   #1628
Hardware Hotshot

My cards are postal the tracking number is 9114901123086857049855. Arrival is expected to be Tuesday

Dea
Old 11-10-2013, 03:44 AM   #1629

Send a message via MSN to ohmypaper!

tracking # has a green check mark and says it was delivered!!!
Ksnurse and tessaduck like this post.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:47 AM   #1630

Send a message via MSN to ohmypaper!

I was reading the above posts about adding extras throughout the year. I tried to gather some cards I had for extras but was just too tired and out of energy to add envies and place them in clear pkging. Isn't that sad???!!!! So new goal. Once a month start pkging them and place them in a special HYCCT box.

Have a great day everyone!
stamp300, Holstein, Crafty Julia and 2 others like this post.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:57 AM   #1631
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makalah View Post
Sounds like you've got the apple pie ready...I'll be over with ice cream!
Crisp is baking...and though we prefer Blue Bunny All Natural for regular eating when we eat crisp we prefer the corn syrup based ice cream...any brand will do...

2 jars didn't seal so put crisp in the oven (yes, it is only 7 AM) before we leave for church...

Dessert...
Old 11-10-2013, 03:58 AM   #1632
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmypaper! View Post
I was reading the above posts about adding extras throughout the year. I tried to gather some cards I had for extras but was just too tired and out of energy to add envies and place them in clear pkging. Isn't that sad???!!!! So new goal. Once a month start pkging them and place them in a special HYCCT box.

I thought of just putting them in a separate box, never thought of putting the envelopes together too! I'll make that a goal too...
Old 11-10-2013, 04:19 AM   #1633
Stampin' Fool

Do y'all know when the prize drawing will start?
stamp300 likes this post.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:32 AM   #1634
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmypaper! View Post

I actually decided it would be easier to send some cards out at the middle of the month and another one at the end. I filled the boxes as I made the cards, adding the envelopes and slipping them into the clear envelopes as I went along. That made it a simple task of closing and sealing the boxes. The contents of both boxes totaled 135 cards and one altered notebook.
Kathleen Curry, muscrat and ohmypaper! like this post.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:33 AM   #1635

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeps321 View Post
There are many places that would appreciate our homemade cards. I bring mine to an assisted living facility in our village. The residents are so happy to be able to give cards to family and friends. The staff uses them for Bingo prizes, and has a basket of them for the residents to take.
Amazing creations by everyone who participated in this years HYCCT challenges. Way to go stampers.
lazylizard, stamp300, peeps321 and 4 others like this post.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:00 AM   #1636
Proud Fan Club Member

After I took pictures of the card I would put it with an envelope and into the clear envies right away. I kept them in a photo box that I bought just for the challenge and then added extras and mailed them out in the photo box. I would love to see a picture of all the cards they got. Do they take pictures after they all arrive?
Kathleen Lammie likes this post.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:53 AM   #1637
Proud Fan Club Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownmom View Post
I actually decided it would be easier to send some cards out at the middle of the month and another one at the end. I filled the boxes as I made the cards, adding the envelopes and slipping them into the clear envelopes as I went along. That made it a simple task of closing and sealing the boxes. The contents of both boxes totaled 135 cards and one altered notebook.
That's the way I did it, too but I did a few weekly small flat rate boxes. Even printed the postage from my desktop, and dropped it in the parcel post drop at the local post office, no waiting in lines
Old 11-10-2013, 09:45 AM   #1638

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderstandBlue View Post
It's amazing to look back isn't it?

What if we always made a card a day?

And MAILED it?
Ok, I'm taking this as a challenge....teehee....I'm trying to actually mail more cards instead of hoarding them. ... I started with Sat's inspiration challenge to try to make a card daily (except on 12 hr work days) so I'll see how it goes....If I don't get them all mailed, I'll have that many extra to go to Houston next yr.

QFTD38 and proud fan club member

Join us for Christmas Card Challenge 2013and All Occasion Card Challenge 2013
Y'all are cordially invited to a teaparty with the Sisterhood of the Traveling Teaparty.
resident lurker at the You Can Do It challenge
Holstein and patiak like this post.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:38 AM   #1639
Insane Embellisher

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... I didn't know there was a deadline to post on the "queens thread". I had gallbladder surgery and have been on bed rest and haven't had a chance to do anything SCS. I AM SURE I checked around the 1st to see if there was a queens thread yet but didn't see one... then I noticed that people had until the 7th to finish their cards, so I thought the queens thread we posted after that. I just logged on today and it looks like the queens thread is closed No, No, No.... all that work.

Did I miss the prizes too?
Old 11-10-2013, 11:39 AM   #1640
Die Cut Diva

prizes have not started yet