Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree1641Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2013, 06:46 PM   #601
Gallery Gazer

Hey, everybody! Hope it's been a good day so far!
Did y'all know if you move a card it loses all the additional info like stamps, ink, etc.? Go on, ask me how I know (sigh).

I do have a question. Besides if Gail would like to send some banana bread my way, . Anyway - If I put a card with lots of dimension in an acrylic box, do I still need to enclose an envelope?

Started on today's challenge and already had to do it twice because I messed up the last bit of stamping on the card front, dang it! And I know I'll probably get behind(er) because I have a "thing" Saturday. But I will NOT stress. Nope! Not happenin'. Okay, now I believe me. What I've really gotten behind on is gallery gazing - need to remedy that.

Have a good evening and rejoice - tomorrow is TGIF, YAY!
DTGD12, DTGD14, HYCCT12, HYCCT13, Love Fest 2013, Love Fest 2014
CAS and CC guest designer
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-10-2013, 06:49 PM   #602
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via AIM to gl1253

I am wanting some banana bread right now, Gail! Too bad I'm watching my calories. I am enjoying the HYYCT challenges so much that I marched out to a local store today to get pink breast cancer paper and can't find it. Are there any preprinted designs for sale out there.

Gayle, too
Old 10-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #603
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

JodyLynn, when my card is so lumpy it goes in a clear box... it does not get a paper envelope because, ( it wont fit into it anyways)

I was thinking to tuck in some tissue paper with the note to say the clear boxes could be "wrapped" if being hand delivered.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:57 PM   #604
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook22 View Post
Beautiful flowers, Gail! Thanks for sharing them.
I was thinking of you over the weekend as we drove past Bunratty and near the Cliffs of Moher in the most beautiful warm sunshine you could imagine for an Irish June, never mind October!
I loved the Cliffs of Moher and the folk part at Bunratty. That was where I had my first experience with cream that I loved so much. They were selling apple something with the cream on it. Divine. Well back to stamping.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:43 PM   #605
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by gl1253 View Post
I am wanting some banana bread right now, Gail! Too bad I'm watching my calories. I am enjoying the HYYCT challenges so much that I marched out to a local store today to get pink breast cancer paper and can't find it. Are there any preprinted designs for sale out there.

Gayle, too
Hobby Lobby has a 6 x 6 pad of paper with different designs featuring the pink ribbon. Jo-Ann's has some single sheets of pink ribbon paper.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:46 PM   #606
Stazon Splitcoast

Ireland was a once in a lifetime trip for DH and I....so glad we got to do it and also that I got to meet Sabrina and her DH as an awesome bonus. We really did have good weather while we were there too. It has been beautiful Fall weather here and still not getting too cold at night hence the flowers still blooming and garden goodies still coming. My orange cherry tomatoes have been amazing!
I never know about bananas...one week I buy them and they disappear immediately so I buy them again and like the bunch I just used up today, end up with 7 bananas that are only good for baking....go figure! We didn't even slice into the banana bread with the cake and cupcakes around not to mention the oatmeal bread. Gonna need to fit a walk into the day tomorrow for sure!

Stamping for my Sanity's Sake!

Romans 8:28-29
I finally have a blog! Click here to check it out.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:50 PM   #607
Insane Embellisher

Mmmm, DH finished our banana bread yesterday. I made zucchini bread this evening. Waiting for it to cool so I can go to bed (yawn)! I think I've done more baking in the past 2 weeks than the past 2 years! I don't bake much since DH isn't a dessert person, but he likes his cookies & sweet breads now & then! He has a high metabolism so you wouldn't know it.

We had our first hard frost last night so I'm expecting to finish cleaning up the garden this weekend, if it isn't snowing by then, or the ground isn't frozen.

I haven't been able to start the challenges here yet, just popping in for a few minutes here and there while waiting for something, or procrastinating (getting moving, going to work, cleaning, household chores, even going to bed). A few minutes of viewing the chatter, challenges & gallery help me start & end my day with a smile. As long as I don't get down on the point that I haven't been able to play yet
Old 10-11-2013, 03:39 AM   #608
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaxsix View Post
I never know about bananas...one week I buy them and they disappear immediately so I buy them again and like the bunch I just used up today, end up with 7 bananas that are only good for baking....go figure! We didn't even slice into the banana bread with the cake and cupcakes around not to mention the oatmeal bread. Gonna need to fit a walk into the day tomorrow for sure!
Do you know that you can preserve the "life" of the bananas by wrapping plastic wrap around the top of the bunch? Only 2 of us eat bananas willingly in my family so when I buy a bag from Aldi there are always too many for us to eat before they start becoming softer...this technique really works!

Also...banana bread freezes well when wrapped in plastic wrap then placed into a freezer bag! I would eat the cake and cupcakes first too!!!!
mamaxsix likes this post.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:43 AM   #609
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

I know it's early to be looking for the new challenge but I figured I could think about it will I start baking this morning...

First off is apple cinnamon muffins, then pumpkin muffins...then wheat bread and buns...

The 2 adult children at home have reenactment this weekend and will take most of this with them...

Off to surf for another 5 minutes...then continue my morning...
Old 10-11-2013, 05:14 AM   #610
Stazon Splitcoast

thanks for the banana hint...sounds like your house is going to smell wonderful too! I am really spurty with baking but once you have all the stuff out you might as well make something else, and if you're making one batch you might as well make two is my philosophy!
We haven't had frost yet either which has been nice for extra garden time. We had a really slow start to the garden with a very cool early summer so the extra time on this end has been great....the orange cherry tomatoes are the best part.
I also grew cucuzza this year instead of zucchini and it is still producing. I will for sure grow it again, but on a vertical frame next time. It totally took over the garden.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0029.jpg (70.8 KB, 6 views)

Old 10-11-2013, 06:10 AM   #611
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Good morning! I'm 4 challenges behind including today's. I have two started, but I need to make a birthday card and a baby shower card so I don't know that they'll get finished. Today is my daughter's 2nd birthday and tomorrow is my best friend's baby shower. Maybe Sunday???

I'm about to bake pumpkin muffins. Maybe I can do banana bread, too.

Gallery Blog

Relax, nothing is under control.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:13 AM   #612
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Caught up! Yay! Today's free-for-all challenge is to choose a hycct challenge. Good to see other threads supporting the cause.
stamp300, mrslaird, gregzgurl and 4 others like this post.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:33 AM   #613
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessaduck View Post
Caught up! Yay! Today's free-for-all challenge is to choose a hycct challenge. Good to see other threads supporting the cause.
I'm caught up too. Good think since I have to start designing for another job I have. A thanksgiving table setting with the ZINK hAppy. If anybody wants to know what this little gadget is go to Zink.com. Many of the projects featured here I have made. The infomercial was actually filmed at my house, and what a production that was. I had no idea what was involved in informercials. I love using this little gadget, but my first love is still stamping! But with this, I can incorporate the two. Maybe I should do that for some of the upcoming challenges. Thoughts?

And thanks girls, for all your help with the technical stuff. The only thing left I need to figure out is how to post my stuff on a master list. I'll get to that with some help I'm sure. Right now, I'm doing it manually.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:35 AM   #614
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

1200 uploads!
Old 10-11-2013, 07:43 AM   #615
Forum Fanatic

I am really enjoying all of the challenges so far! It really helps get my mojo going again. I am caught up through today AND sending my first package of cards to MD Anderson today. Yippee!

Have a great Friday everyone!
Old 10-11-2013, 05:05 PM   #616
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Darn, I am 3 behind with a busy day tomorrow - I was so hoping to keep up! However, I am going to take everyone's advice and not stress; maybe I can catch up Sunday afternoon. Haven't had a chance to look at the gallery in days : (
Check out the SU Creative Crew gallery HERE
Old 10-11-2013, 05:12 PM   #617
Watercolor Wizard

Claudia, I'm two days behind now also. My sore throat has progressed to achy body, cough, stuffy head, sinus drainage. Blech! I don't feel like doing anything and am only doing the things that absolutely need to get done. Hopefully I will feel well enough by early next week to catch up.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:48 PM   #618
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaxsix View Post
Will work on my card later in the day. I'm putting together a crock pot meal for my friend Jill who had her mastectomy yesterday. She had a lumpectomy with radiation a few years ago and now has a different form of breast cancer. Stinky disease . If anyone would want to send her a card she is a cardmaker herself and I know she'd appreciate it.
I would like to send your friend a card, can you send me her address?
QFTD52
FS318
HYCCT2013
Old 10-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #619
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinAK View Post
I am really enjoying all of the challenges so far! It really helps get my mojo going again. I am caught up through today AND sending my first package of cards to MD Anderson today. Yippee!

Have a great Friday everyone!
I find that the HYCCT helps me get out of my rut too, I sent my 1st box of cards too today.
QFTD52
FS318
HYCCT2013
Old 10-11-2013, 05:53 PM   #620
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaird View Post
Good morning! I'm 4 challenges behind including today's. I have two started, but I need to make a birthday card and a baby shower card so I don't know that they'll get finished. Today is my daughter's 2nd birthday and tomorrow is my best friend's baby shower. Maybe Sunday???

I'm about to bake pumpkin muffins. Maybe I can do banana bread, too.
Goodness, you are one busy lady. Those pumpkin muffins sound yummy.
QFTD52
FS318
HYCCT2013
Old 10-11-2013, 05:55 PM   #621
Stazon Splitcoast

It was so nice taking the day off today, I made today's challenge before I headed over to Hobby Lobby. I found great deals on clearance HM stamps plus I went to another Hobby Lobby & found The Paper Studio EF's marked down to $1.07-I'm off Monday too & I'm going to stamp, stamp & stamp.

Hope everyone is doing fine, get well soon to people who catching a bug.
QFTD52
FS318
HYCCT2013
Old 10-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #622
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

All cards are done except the latest. I need some time out from the craft table for short spell. I've barely touched my markers or pencils in the past couple of years and now I'm always reaching for them. Tis the season for colouring in it seems.

We're heading into summer here and our spring has been particularly hot. I work outdoor and I may have got a mild touch of heat stroke yesterday which could account for my deceleration today. Time for a cool refreshing ice block.
jeenny2010 likes this post.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:50 PM   #623
Stampin' Fool

All my cards are done ,i have to add envelopes & bag them up in clear envelopes. I have a question as a lot of the inside of cards are made with coloured cs,do we attach a plain white paper for writing or just leave it blank . Thanks
Old 10-11-2013, 09:54 PM   #624

You can add a paper insert for writing on.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:55 PM   #625
Stampin' Fool

Thank Theresa will do . Stay cool & take care
Old 10-12-2013, 05:29 AM   #626

While I was waiting for todays challenge to go live, I've been working on the last challenge, and now the new challenge is here I'm bringing a few ideas to the table. Time to sleep on it. I'm getting a little behind on my uploads but nothing that can't be caught up tomorrow.

Night night.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:57 AM   #627
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS Gallery Moderator
Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator

I'm sorry I've been so much MIA from this thread! DH was sick for almost two weeks with real genuine (not man-flu ) flu, and when he got over that we went away and offline for a weekend, and I've been sick myself the last couple of days .

I picked nearly the last of our tomatoes from the garden this morning and slow-roasted them with olive oil and herbs, and we're having them this evening with some Parmesan and Rosemary Focaccia which is in the oven right now. I've popped the recipe into the Recipe Box .

I've only got one challenge to catch up on, and my shoebox is looking good with the cards I've already packed into their clear bags!
And I've seen some GORGEOUS cards in my admittedly rather limited gallery time - you are all rocking the challenges.
SCS Photo Challenge #203 ~ Trees
Ways to Use It : Thursday Challenge ~ Happy Anniversary (CASE your first upload)
Techniques ~ Monday is Technique Time -TLC503: Pencil Erasers
It's October. That means it must be time for HOPE YOU CAN CLING TO all month long! Come along and join in the fun.
stamp300, mamaxsix and tessaduck like this post.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:21 AM   #628
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via MSN to ohmypaper!

Oh Sabrina, sounds like it was rough at your house for a bit. Glad things are back to normal and that's terrific that you are caught up even with all that has been happening!
Old 10-12-2013, 10:25 AM   #629

I am back from our fall camping adventure. DS has a paper to write for school and wants to head to church tomorrow so we are home and I can't say I am sorry. I handled the vertigo very well but the camp fires really aggravated the sinus issues, nice to breathe again! I had one card yet to upload from last week and just did that so now I am just behind the last 3. First up is unpacking and a nice shower!!! My thinking cap will be on:

Words - NO Words - PINK GREEN YELLOW while I get things back to normal here!
Old 10-12-2013, 10:42 AM   #630
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm behind also with yesterday and today's challenges to figure out. I spent time with one of the ladies from our church yesterday then stuck around the town to do grocery shopping. I popped in to drop off a card to congratulate a couple from our previous church and had a really great visit. Love it when you go to do something to encourage someone and you leave more encouraged and blessed yourself! Today was some morning chores then off to visit a pumpkin farm with my youngest 2 kids. Somewhere along the way I've lost all oopmh and motivation. Think the change of season allergies or a cold are getting to me so i'm off to see if a nap then shower can fix everything. Glad I threw a chicken in the crockpot before I left so I can make chicken and dumplings later.

Old 10-12-2013, 10:45 AM   #631
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I'm sorry I've been so much MIA from this thread! DH was sick for almost two weeks with real genuine (not man-flu ) flu, and when he got over that we went away and offline for a weekend, and I've been sick myself the last couple of days
Glad DH is feeling better and hope it doesn't last that long for you. I picked green beans and tomatoes again today...can't believe we're this far into October and still getting veggies! Love your idea of roasted tomatoes with focaccia-I'll have to check out your recipe.

Old 10-12-2013, 09:42 PM   #632
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, 1st box of cards sent. I spent most of the day doing family time, sometimes I feel like I'm in my own zone when I'm making cards especially everyday. It's getting a bit chilly these days, but not enough for a heavy jacket. I got the girls scheduled to get their flu shots next Saturday, now my oldest has a cold & I feel like I'm getting it.

Stay warm everyone & happy stamping,
Connie
QFTD52
FS318
HYCCT2013
Old 10-12-2013, 11:13 PM   #633

Another hot day coming to a close here. Got some photos of cards for uploading tonight while I await the lastest challenge to go live.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:05 AM   #634
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

The link for yesterday (the 12) is not on the master tracking sheet...or is my computer not updating correctly?
Old 10-13-2013, 04:07 AM   #635
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS Gallery Moderator

You're right! Lydia must have been busy .
I'm sure she'll fix it soon.
Ways to Use It : Thursday Challenge ~ Happy Anniversary (CASE your first upload)
It's October. That means it must be time for HOPE YOU CAN CLING TO all month long! Come along and join in the fun.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:18 AM   #636
Lives in a fishbowl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
You're right! Lydia must have been busy .
I'm sure she'll fix it soon.

Glad I'm not alone...and I don't know how to actually use that spread sheet to my benefit but I find it the easiest way to find the next challenge (obviously I'm a day behind since I just noticed this morning!)
Old 10-13-2013, 04:20 AM   #637
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS Gallery Moderator

Well - here's an instant link to yesterday's challenge for you .
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...d-t579469.html

I'm still working on Friday's - nearly finished it. But it's also almost dinner time here.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:40 AM   #638

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramomma View Post
Glad I'm not alone...and I don't know how to actually use that spread sheet to my benefit but I find it the easiest way to find the next challenge (obviously I'm a day behind since I just noticed this morning!)
Kramomma, I agree, Lydia's special thread for each new challenge is wonderful way to see the next challenge!

I really like using the spread sheet but I am still old fashioned. I print it out in the beginning and then I hand write what the challenge is, after it's finished I write a Title in the "Done" spot and check it off when I upload.
For me, it seems to cement and help me remember what the challenge is (usually I can't play it right away) Writing just helps me keep things straight rather then filling it out on the computer. Like I said, old fashioned!
Old 10-13-2013, 04:43 AM   #639

Sorry for those that are struggling with cold and allergies. We are here too. Time of year I guess.

I am just behind Saturday's and whatever today's challenge will be.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:43 AM   #640

I managed to get two cards uploaded. Since my latest computer update a couple of days ago I haven't been able to use my mouse and I'm left trying to navigate thru web pages with my laptop scroll panel. Can we say tedious and s....l....o....w going?