View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #398
mrslaird
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammatroll View Post
That's not unusual around here. In fact we have snow right now. We had snow/rain mix most of the day yesterday, but turned to just snow overnight. Very gloomy and cold day. Good day to stay inside and catch up with housework and maybe get a card or 2 made.

I updated my totals. I'm slowly climbing back out of the hole. Now that tax season is over for me, I will have more time to make cards.

I just found out I'm diabetic so trying hard to figure out the right combination of foods to lower my blood sugar. It's dropping a little but not much. I have a big family history of Type 2 diabetes so I wasn't too surprised. The challenge will be when we go on vacation next month. Will need to take a cooler full of fruits and veggies to snack on. I haven't seen the dietician yet, but when I do, DH will have to go with me since he's the main cook around here.
I haven't caught up here in a while. Hugs! My husband found out he had type 2 right after Mother's Day last year. He never did see a dietician. We've just been trudging along on our own. His numbers are looking good though. He does take medication and he'd like to get where it is controlled just by diet. It was hard at first; it felt like food was out to get us. Things are getting better now. Kind bars have a couple of flavors that are just 4 or 5 grams of sugar. Someone recommended the South Beach Diet cookbooks to us and we've found some recipes we like in them. Best wishes with it!

Now to catch up on the rest of the posts I've missed.
Gallery Blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!