View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 05:33 AM   #2
shazsilverwolf
Mad Swapper

I had a purge over Christmas. My youngest son moved out, so we stripped the room out, decorated it, and I moved my craft stuff in there, so we could decorate my old room- it seemed easier than packing up my stuff to decorate my room, then putting it away again! I was actually shocked by how much stuff I had, how much of it I had forgotten about because I hadn't seen it for months (or longer). So, I sorted as I moved. Quite ruthlessly too- if I hadn't used it for a year, it went. If, hand on heart, I knew I was never going to do something, or use it, it went. I had so much that I was 'going to get round to', and realistically, that was only going to happen if I had the cats 9 lives, lol.Now its much better, stuff isn't buried away, and I actually don't feel so overwhelmed by it. We did much the same when we had our roof replaced, and the bedroom ceiling remodelled. Ours is an old Victorian house, so built in storage is very sparse. We were really ruthless here too- we'd done it in the past, but you keep putting stuff away because 'it might come in useful' etc One boxful of stuff that went to a charity store had been stored away since we moved in- 15 years ago! I figured we'd managed without its contents that long, we didn't need it.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!