Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-10-2013, 01:36 PM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Free E-books to loan

I have a few art/craft e-books that I can lend. The following are available for a two week loan period. They can only be loaned once and can be read on a Kindle device, Android devices, IPad, PC or Mac. So if you are interested in one ...just let me know.
Available:

The Ultimate Guide to Smashbooks and smashing. Making your own upcycled smashbooks. This cost me $2.99 but you can borrow it free

Art of layers, simple techniques for inventive scrapbook pages, imaginative papercraft. This was $9.99 you can borrow it free.

The big book of paper beads. A great book...amazing papercraft I loved this book! Costs $9.99 but I was able to download it free and you can borrow it free.

404 scrapbooking sketches: turn your photos into beautiful pages fast. Cost $4.23 ...free to borrow

This is one of my favorites . It is a great guide of what Victorian women wore...not really a craft book...but quite interesting..was $10.39...is free to borrow
Victorian fashions and costumes from Harper's Bazar, 1867-1898

Craftcycle 100+ earth friendly projects and ideas for everyday living. Cost $9.99....free to borrow

Another favorite (paper dolls) which cost me $9.99 but you borrow free
Collage Couture: techniques for creating fashionable art

Paper dolls for adults. Was $0.99...free to borrow

Delight in the seasons: crafting a year of memorable holidays and celebrations...was$ 9.99...free to borrow

Delight in the details 40+ techniques for charming embellishments and accents. This was $9.99...free to borrow

This is a great mixed media technique book which was $9.59...free to borrow
Creative foundations: 40 scrapbook and mixed media techniques to build your artistic toolbox

Christmas holiday guide to upcycling part 1- cards, bags and ornaments...free to borrow was $2.99

Great eye candy book that was $13.24...borrow it free
Artist trading card workshop

Make a card awesome. A step-by-step guide to creative card making techniques...was $2.99...free to borrow

How to see, how to draw: keys to realistic drawing
Borrow this $13.27 book for free

How to draw outlines
Was $0.99...free to borrow

This is great for new ideas...was $0.99...free to borrow
101+ creative journaling prompts. Inspiration for journaling and a introduction to Art Journaling

For the crochet fans...this was $9.99...free to borrow
Crochet Stitches visual encyclopedia

Around the corner crochet borders: 150 colorful creative crocheted etchings with charts and instructions for turning corners perfectly every time. This great book was $8.99 but you can borrow it free

Again I purchased and enjoyed these books over the last few years and I am willing to share them. Amazon's rules are that they are free to borrow for a two week period but can only be loaned out once each. To borrow, email me @ [email protected] let me know which title you are interested in, your name and e-mail address and as soon as I am able to do so, I will send it to you if it is available. The reason I am sharing these books is because it really isn't costing me anything to do so and these may be titles you thought about purchasing but didn't really know if they were worth the cost. This way you can check them out for FREE!

Last edited by TexasGrammy; 04-17-2013 at 05:34 PM.. Reason: lending e-book library!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2013, 07:42 PM   #2  
Glitter Queen

The Creative Foundations ebook loan is pending...if you requested this book please check your email. Amazon will be sending an email explaining how to access this ebook. I hope you enjoy it! I still have other titles available for loan, they are listed in the previous post.
Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2013, 02:38 AM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

That is very generous! Do you have to be in America, or can people from other countries borrow books? (sorry, I don't know if Amazon has geoblocking set up for loaning books)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2013, 02:49 AM   #4  
Glitter Queen

We can try I you like. To try all I need is your name and email address...so email me at [email protected]. The Creative Foundations book has been borrowed, but there are many other great books to choose from.
Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2013, 05:39 AM   #5  
Glitter Queen

The ebooks Victorian fashions and costumes from Harper's Bazar, 1867-1898 and Creative Foundations have both been loaned out. Amazon's rules state a book may only be loaned once so these are no longer available. I do have several other great art/craft books to loan, if you are interested they are listed in the first post of this thread. The Collage Couture: techniques for creating fashionable art...is an amazing paper doll book and is one of my favorites. I highly recommend this book.

Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2013, 05:47 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ltaggView Post
The ebooks Victorian fashions and costumes from Harper's Bazar, 1867-1898 and Creative Foundations have both been loaned out. Amazon's rules state a book may only be loaned once so these are no longer available. I do have several other great art/craft books to loan, if you are interested they are listed in the first post of this thread. The Collage Couture: techniques for creating fashionable art...is an amazing paper doll book and is one of my favorites. I highly recommend this book.

Linda
"Publishers Rulers" Not Amazons Just saying :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2013, 06:53 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Delight in the details 40+ techniques for charming embellishments and accents. This was $9.99...free to borrow

I would love to see/read this one if you still have it. I will send you my info.
Thank you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2013, 08:01 AM   #8  
Glitter Queen

Glenda,
Delight in the details 40+ techniques is still available just email me at [email protected] and I will have it sent to you right away. I hope you enjoy reading this wonderful book.
Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2013, 08:18 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 122 Likes on 58 Posts

I just emailed you about the Smashbook book! Thanks for making these available! :-)
~ Susan - Celebrating 19 years as an SU demo! Grammy to Anna 15, Elizabeth 14, Nora 12, Abigail 12, Kendall 10 , Isaac 10, Evan 7, and Hudson 3 with me in my avatar Proud to be SCS Fan Club Member since the beginning!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2013, 08:31 AM   #10  
Glitter Queen

The Ultimate Guide to Smashbooks and Smashing has just been sent to Susan. Delight in the Details 40+ Techniques for Charming Embellishments and Accents is pending. I just need your email address Glenda so I can send it to you.
Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2013, 10:04 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 122 Likes on 58 Posts

Thanks SO much, Linda! :-)
~ Susan - Celebrating 19 years as an SU demo! Grammy to Anna 15, Elizabeth 14, Nora 12, Abigail 12, Kendall 10 , Isaac 10, Evan 7, and Hudson 3 with me in my avatar Proud to be SCS Fan Club Member since the beginning!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2013, 10:45 AM   #12  
Glitter Queen

Susan,
You are welcomed. The books were just collecting 'virtual dust'...so I thought I would share.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2013, 01:47 PM   #13  
Glitter Queen

Art of layers, simple techniques for inventive scrapbook pages, imaginative papercraft, has just been sent to Sabrina...ENJOY!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2013, 10:25 PM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

Thanks, Linda. Got the email from Amazon. Busy weekend abead, and since it says valid for two weeks from acceptance, I'm not going to click the link till Monday .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2013, 11:11 AM   #15  
Glitter Queen

UPDATE/NEW BOOKS ADDED!
I have a few art/craft e-books that I can lend. The following are available for a two week loan period. They can only be loaned once and can be read on a Kindle device, Android devices, IPad, PC or Mac. So if you are interested in one ...just let me know. If you are reading this now...chances are you will be able to read these books.
I have added new books to the list. These books are FREE to borrow!
Available:

The Big Book of Paper Beads. A great book...amazing papercraft I loved this book! Costs $9.99 but I was able to download it free and you can borrow it FREE. Great lightweight embellishments for cards...many unique styles and techniques(this may still be available as a free download...May be worth checking so you can add this great book to your ebook library permanently).

404 scrapbooking sketches: turn your photos into beautiful pages fast. Cost $4.23 ...FREE to borrow!

Craftcycle 100+ Earth Friendly Projects and Ideas For Everyday Living. Cost $9.99....FREE to borrow

Collage Couture: Techniques For Creating Fashionable Art
Another favorite (make artsy paper dolls for your cards, ATCs or layouts) this book cost me $9.99 but you can borrow FREE!!!

Paper Dolls For Adults. Was $0.99...FREE to borrow

Delight In The Seasons: Crafting A Year Of Memorable Holidays And Celebrations...was$ 9.99...FREE to borrow

(Pending GLENDA )Delight in the details 40+ techniques for charming embellishments and accents. This was $9.99...FREE to borrow.( Pending GLENDA)

Christmas Holiday Guide To Upcycling Part 1- Cards, Bags And Ornaments...FREE to borrow was $2.99

Artist Trading Card Workshop...ATCs lots if ideas in this great book! Great eye candy book that was $13.24...borrow it FREE. An amazing book!

Make A Card Awesome. A Step-by-step Guide To Creative Card Making Techniques...was $2.99...FREE to borrow. This book gives ideas for using paint chip samples on handmade cards.

How To See, How To Draw: Keys To Realistic Drawing ...
Borrow this $13.27 book for FREE

How To Draw Outlines
Was $0.99...FREE to borrow

101+ Creative Journaling Prompts. Inspiration For Journaling And An Introduction To Art Journaling
This is great for new ideas...has a link so you can print out the 101+ ideas cut them into strips, place them in a jar...and when you are stuck journaling...just pull out a slip and you have a starting point. I love using this method and it has really helped make my Art Journaling better and easier...was a steal for $0.99...but even better when It is FREE to borrow

For the crochet fans...this was $9.99...FREE to borrow
Crochet Stitches Visual Encyclopedia

Around The Corner Crochet Borders: 150 Colorful Creative Crochete Edgings With Charts And Instructions For Turning Corners Perfectly Every Time. This great book was $8.99 but you can borrow it FREE

NEW TO THE LIST:

Hooked on Flowers - 50 Flowers, 8 Leaves, 6 Critters - Crochet Patterns. (was $4.99/ FREE to borrow)This book has a lot of DIFFERENT flower and leaf designs...I love the crocheted bird pattern and see this little bird flying off to find a home on my cards, canvases and pages. There is even a contest in the book where by correctly finding hidden rings...you may win free yarn.

601 Great Scrapbook Ideas This Memory Makers book cost $11.99 and you can borrow it for FREE! Another amazing book filled with eye candy...yummy to look at....even better to recreate these layouts.

Shaping Destiny A Quest for Meaning in Art and Life. This one is a bit different ...it is about the relationship an artist has with her creative lifestyle. This book costs $4.99 but you can borrow this interesting and highly rated (4 1/2 star) book for FREE and perhaps become the sculptor of your own creative life.

VINTAGE VALENTINES: Valentine's Day Cards, Customs, Legends & Poetry was $2.99 borrow for FREE

All The Write Words: Quotes and Sayings for Your Scrapbooking Layouts and Cards This book is helpful when you are trying to find just the right thing to put inside that beautifully made hand stamped and highly embellished card you just made! Was 2.99... FREE to borrow!

Again I purchased and enjoyed these books over the last few years and I am willing to share them. The rules on Amazon's website state that these books are free to borrow for a two week period but can only be loaned out once each. Email me at [email protected] to borrow a book , let me know which title you are interested in, your name and e-mail address and as soon as I am able to do so, I will send it to you if it is available. Amazon will then send you an email explaining how to access the book. The reason I am sharing these books is because it really isn't costing me anything to do so and these may be titles you thought about purchasing but didn't really know if they were worth the cost. This way you can check them out for FREE!

Just paying it forward!

Linda

Last edited by ltagg; 04-19-2013 at 11:12 AM.. Reason: added title
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2013, 03:46 AM   #16  
Rubber Obsessor

Smile Thank you :)

I just wanted to add my thanks here too - I am going to click the link tomorrow morning and read over breakfast
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2013, 11:56 AM   #17  
Glitter Queen

The Big Book of Paper Beads has just been sent to Sheila. Amazon will send you an email letting you know how to access this great book. Enjoy!
Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2013, 12:27 PM   #18  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Just wanted to say thank you - I really enjoyed mine. Two days left to make a few notes of things I'd really like to try from it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #19  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Just wanted to say thank you - I really enjoyed mine. Two days left to make a few notes of things I'd really like to try from it!
Shame the bead book is gone or I'd have borrowed that too, but I hope Sheila enjoys it as much as I enjoyed The Art of Layers.
Reply With Quote Likes