Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 06:01 PM   #161
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
Congrats on getting all those posted. They're beautiful and I left some love here and there in your Christmas album. I hope you posted a link to your album in the CCC12 Christmas card thread.

I don't put a link to my gallery in my signature as it is easy enough to find by clicking on my avatar - one extra step.
I saw your comments, Val, and I really appreciate the kind words!

No I didn't post a link - never thought about it since I really didn't take part in the challenge...

I did not know that clicking on the avatar would take you to your gallery - is that true for everyon or did you "do some magic"? Gee, guess that's easy enough to check, huh? Duh!
DTGD12, HYCCT12, HYCCT13, Love Fest 2013

Last edited by jodylb; 01-01-2013 at 06:06 PM.. Reason: Change wording
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-01-2013, 06:54 PM   #162
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Happy new year!

On the galleries, I like when people have a link because it opens another window instead of navigating away from the page. Just my preference. 51 cards is a lot!!!
Gallery Blog
Old 01-01-2013, 08:33 PM   #163
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaird View Post
Happy new year!

On the galleries, I like when people have a link because it opens another window instead of navigating away from the page. Just my preference. 51 cards is a lot!!!
Good point about the link. I know I read how to do it not too long ago, I just can't remember where, LOL!

And you're right - 51 was a lot, then I added more today. But I did get the card I made today posted so I kept my New Years resolution for one day at least
Old 01-02-2013, 06:21 AM   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodylb View Post
Good point about the link. I know I read how to do it not too long ago, I just can't remember where, LOL!

And you're right - 51 was a lot, then I added more today. But I did get the card I made today posted so I kept my New Years resolution for one day at least
Hey, one day at a time! Way to go!
Gallery Blog
Old 01-02-2013, 12:01 PM   #165
Watercolor Wizard

Who is still waiting to receive their HYCCT prizes? My order from Stamping Bella is being "processed" so I should receive it soon. The holidays slowed things down a bit.

And, who has received HYCCT prizes but hasn't yet posted something made with their winnings? I wanna see what you make with those new goodies!
Old 01-02-2013, 12:06 PM   #166
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
I saw your comments, Val, and I really appreciate the kind words!

No I didn't post a link - never thought about it since I really didn't take part in the challenge...

I did not know that clicking on the avatar would take you to your gallery - is that true for everyone or did you "do some magic"? Gee, guess that's easy enough to check, huh? Duh!
Oh. Well, that makes sense.

Yes, it works for everyone . I don't know any magic. Although Paula made a good point about the link opening a window - just a bit easier.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #167
Watercolor Wizard

Mary (Octoberbabe) posted a card she made with her MFT prize over on the L-O-N-G Prize winners thread. One of her choices was a flower Die-namic, but a different one than the two I ordered. I still have to make a card with the Flower Medley Die-namics.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:27 PM   #168
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Who is still waiting to receive their HYCCT prizes? My order from Stamping Bella is being "processed" so I should receive it soon. The holidays slowed things down a bit.

And, who has received HYCCT prizes but hasn't yet posted something made with their winnings? I wanna see what you make with those new goodies!
I haven't heard anything from Xyron, although I did get an email from Lori asking for my address so she can get prize winner information wrapped up.

I've had my goodies from Flourishes for awhile, but haven't had time to take any photos of the products or the few cards I've made using them. There just aren't enough hours in the day.... hopefully I'll get something posted soon.
Proud Fan Club Member
Proud MMTPTCC Member
Old 01-02-2013, 08:04 PM   #169

Quote:

Me! Lame, lame, lame! I should check out MCC schedule, too. I wanted to get past the holidays first...and they're over.
Gallery Blog
Old 01-02-2013, 08:06 PM   #170
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:

I heard from Lori 4 weeks ago about a Spellbinder prize, but I'm assuming it got slowed down in the Christmas mail rush. When I get it I was going to gift it onto another Aussie SCS who kindly joined in on a couple of the challenges when I put the word out for participants. She didn't win anything so I'd like her to get something for her efforts.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:26 PM   #171

I just went to the post box and there is the prize! Thank you SCS and Spellbinders.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:35 PM   #172
Stazon Splitcoast

Here's my first card with my prize from The Greeting Farm; I received this clear stamp and a set of three cling rubber images. This was a fun one to work with, and good for practicing my coloring skills! Thanks TGF!
Believe WT408 by eliotstamps - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Creativity takes courage.
--Henri Matisse
Old 01-04-2013, 06:29 AM   #173
Hardware Hotshot

I still haven't heard anything from Just Rite -- has anyone else?

my gallery
Old 01-04-2013, 07:50 AM   #174
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misstreez View Post
I heard from Lori 4 weeks ago about a Spellbinder prize, but I'm assuming it got slowed down in the Christmas mail rush. When I get it I was going to gift it onto another Aussie SCS who kindly joined in on a couple of the challenges when I put the word out for participants. She didn't win anything so I'd like her to get something for her efforts.
What a kind thing to do with your prize. I see in a later post that you have received it. Perhaps your friend will let you use it also.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:53 AM   #175
Watercolor Wizard

My Stamping Bella order was shipped today. It's on it's way! Yay!
Old 01-04-2013, 08:35 AM   #176
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom View Post
I haven't heard anything from Xyron, although I did get an email from Lori asking for my address so she can get prize winner information wrapped up.
I've had my goodies from Flourishes for awhile, but haven't had time to take any photos of the products or the few cards I've made using them. There just aren't enough hours in the day.... hopefully I'll get something posted soon.

Ditto the red part
well ok ditto the second part also but substitute Taylored Expressions for the Flourishes gift...

Im determined I will get it inky this weekend though.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:24 PM   #177
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownmom View Post
I never posted my project here. The main prize I chose from The Rubber Cafe was the A2 Polka Dot dies, along with a few supplies I needed. I made my card for the color (or rather, no color) challenge last week.

Attachment 264382

I've seen lots of creative stuff in this thread. Thanks again to all the sponsors of the HYCCT monthly challenge this year.
Lois this is just gorgeous, I hope it made it into the favs of 2012 file.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:03 PM   #178
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post
Ditto the red part
well ok ditto the second part also but substitute Taylored Expressions for the Flourishes gift...

Im determined I will get it inky this weekend though.
When Taylor posted her sale info she made a note that she was going to be closed for awhile but I got the stuff I ordered during the Shophop today. So maybe your goodies are on the way.

I finally made something with a cut from the Pazzle. I've been reading the book, watching videos and doing tutorials. You can do an amazing amount of things with the software and surprisingly, it's not difficult to work with the software. The part that is difficult is getting the cutting OK. I've been working on that and making notes.

WT408 Pazzle Heart by cveneruso - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I cut the heart with the pazzle and put the little hearts that were cut from the center up the side.

I am still overwhelmed when I think about winning this. I was thrilled with a set of stamps, this is just so big, it's hard to believe. I don't think I can come up with words to describe my gratitude to Pazzles for their generous prize, to Lydia and all the SCS staffers for their giving of their time and talent. It was my goal to finish all the challenges just because they were there and I hope that I'll be able to do the same this year.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:18 PM   #179
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Chris, I have the taylored expressions gift and I have not inked it yet... I am waiting on the Xyron one.

Taylor was very quick with her emails and packing and such. I've just been swamped. but making a dent in my I wanna do pile
got caught up on some FS stuff this afternoon and want to play with the TE stamps this weekend and come up with an idea for my January quota Christmas cards ( this months challenge is no red or green cards) ( which is hard for me) I like red and green and don't burn out on those colors. So, I'm trying to decide if my entire quota has to be non traditional colors of if just one of the cards can get away with it. ( since I do 6 a month and I tend to do more one of a kind cards than sets)
Old 01-04-2013, 08:37 PM   #180
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cveneruso View Post
When Taylor posted her sale info she made a note that she was going to be closed for awhile but I got the stuff I ordered during the Shophop today. So maybe your goodies are on the way.

I finally made something with a cut from the Pazzle. I've been reading the book, watching videos and doing tutorials. You can do an amazing amount of things with the software and surprisingly, it's not difficult to work with the software. The part that is difficult is getting the cutting OK. I've been working on that and making notes.

I cut the heart with the pazzle and put the little hearts that were cut from the center up the side.

I am still overwhelmed when I think about winning this. I was thrilled with a set of stamps, this is just so big, it's hard to believe. I don't think I can come up with words to describe my gratitude to Pazzles for their generous prize, to Lydia and all the SCS staffers for their giving of their time and talent. It was my goal to finish all the challenges just because they were there and I hope that I'll be able to do the same this year.
Your card is fantastic Chris! I'm glad you studied, practiced and persevered so you could show us just a taste of what the Pazzle can do. Nice way to use the extra cut out hearts too.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:41 PM   #181
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Chris, I have the taylored expressions gift and I have not inked it yet... I am waiting on the Xyron one.

Taylor was very quick with her emails and packing and such. I've just been swamped. but making a dent in my I wanna do pile
got caught up on some FS stuff this afternoon and want to play with the TE stamps this weekend and come up with an idea for my January quota Christmas cards ( this months challenge is no red or green cards) ( which is hard for me) I like red and green and don't burn out on those colors. So, I'm trying to decide if my entire quota has to be non traditional colors of if just one of the cards can get away with it. ( since I do 6 a month and I tend to do more one of a kind cards than sets)
I like red and green for Christmas cards too. But I try to use a wide range of colors throughout the year for my 8 cards (all alike) per month. I haven't started thinking about January Christmas cards yet though. I've got 27 days yet!
Old 01-05-2013, 07:21 AM   #182
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I like red and green for Christmas cards too. But I try to use a wide range of colors throughout the year for my 8 cards (all alike) per month. I haven't started thinking about January Christmas cards yet though. I've got 27 days yet!
You're funny Val. I've made Jan, Feb & April in Christmas cards challenge, people think I'm crazy but I think it's a great idea.
QFTD52
FS318
You Can Do It Challenge
HYCCT2013
Old 01-05-2013, 07:26 AM   #183
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cveneruso View Post

Very cute card Chris. Gosh, I could only imagine on what you get to do on the Pazzle... Looking forward to seeing what you create next.
QFTD52
FS318
You Can Do It Challenge
HYCCT2013
Old 01-05-2013, 06:08 PM   #184
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Okay, me...but I have been doing some practice stamping this evening with my new set. It may be beyond my skill set - not only are they not clear stamps, there is no guide printed on the actual stamp. I have a stamp-a-ma-jig but I haven't had outstanding results using it so far. But my masking seems okay. First time using a mask, too. I'm WAY out of my teeny tiny stamping comfort zone, LOL!
Old 01-05-2013, 06:11 PM   #185
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamp300 View Post
You're funny Val. I've made Jan, Feb & April in Christmas cards challenge, people think I'm crazy but I think it's a great idea.
Wow, Connie, that's impressive!
Old 01-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #186
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

non-traditional Christmas cards quota done and uploaded... Check

used part of one of the Taylored expressions gifts sets and uploaded... Check
TE miss ya Pup by JBgreendawn - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Old 01-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #187
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
One of my teamies said that on the 25th of each month she makes Christmas cards. Seems like a good idea to me.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:54 PM   #188
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamp300 View Post
Very cute card Chris. Gosh, I could only imagine on what you get to do on the Pazzle... Looking forward to seeing what you create next.
There's lots of cuts geared to people who make paper images, without stamping. They're involved, and usually use several different colors paper for each project. some are very cute so I may try them.
I haven't scrap booked in a long time but there's overlay pages that are gorgeous, they look like pages I've purchased at shows.
I found that if I just want to cut out simple shapes that's pretty easy but I really like the doilies and intricate cuts so I'll be working on that for now.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:18 PM   #189
Glitter Guru

Okay, I'm not sure I'll ever get a project made with my new stamps, but here's a pic of my practice sheet - I guess I need a brick wall stamp next, to actually hang the planter on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0614.JPG (152.2 KB, 22 views)
Old 01-06-2013, 03:40 AM   #190
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Okay, I'm not sure I'll ever get a project made with my new stamps, but here's a pic of my practice sheet - I guess I need a brick wall stamp next, to actually hang the planter on.
That's a cute basket stamp and your coloring on it is beautiful! You go girl!
Old 01-06-2013, 08:24 AM   #191
Stazon Splitcoast

Your coloring is gorgeous, Jody!

Creativity takes courage.
--Henri Matisse
Old 01-06-2013, 08:52 AM   #192
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Quote:
a picket fence may work too?
Old 01-06-2013, 09:08 AM   #193
Glitter Guru

Quote:
That's a cute basket stamp and your coloring on it is beautiful! You go girl!
Thanks, Val! If you think I can color I should post the bird I dug out of the trash to remind me what NOT to do! I have a thing about messing up backgrounds - big time!
Old 01-06-2013, 09:10 AM   #194
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliotstamps View Post
Your coloring is gorgeous, Jody!
Why, thank you! I'm really just getting the hang of it. See also my reply to Val!
Old 01-06-2013, 09:14 AM   #195
Glitter Guru

Quote:
a picket fence may work too?
Oh, good idea! I didn't EVEN think in that direction. Gee, I love you guys, and this site. Sharing ideas and inspiration - what a great combination!
Old 01-08-2013, 08:23 AM   #196

I finally made something with part of my winnings! MFT Piggy Bank sketch by mrslaird - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Gallery Blog
Old 01-09-2013, 12:18 AM   #197
Rubber Obsessor

I'm narrowing down my wishlist for Stamping Bella... and still waiting to hear from Xyron. It'll be awhile before I make something. I'll probably have to "pick up" the items in the US when I visit this summer.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #198

Quote:
How about an embossed brick background, a die cut window and this gorgeous planter? And I'll gladly send you my address so you can send it to me.....teeheee...

QFTD38 and proud fan club member

Join us for Christmas Card Challenge 2013and All Occasion Card Challenge 2013
Y'all are cordially invited to a teaparty with the Sisterhood of the Traveling Teaparty.
resident lurker at the You Can Do It challenge
Old 01-09-2013, 04:32 PM   #199
Stazon Splitcoast

I finally finished a card with some of my new goodies. Thank you Flourishes!
Flannel and Pearls
Proud Fan Club Member
Proud MMTPTCC Member
Old 01-09-2013, 09:23 PM   #200
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom View Post
I finally finished a card with some of my new goodies. Thank you Flourishes!
Flannel and Pearls
Left you some love, cute card.
QFTD52
FS318
You Can Do It Challenge
HYCCT2013