Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   2012 Hope You Can Cling To Archive (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/2012-hope-you-can-cling-archive-f407/)
-   -   HYCCT1229 Real Witches Wear Pink! Chatter Thread (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/2012-hope-you-can-cling-archive-f407/hycct1229-real-witches-wear-pink-chatter-thread-t563367.html)

pattyb 09-24-2012 03:47 PM

HYCCT1229 Real Witches Wear Pink! Chatter Thread

6 Attachment(s)
Challenge Title: Real Witches Wear Pink!
Hostess: patty
Keyword: HYCCT1229
Date: Monday, October 29th, 2012

Make sure you upload your creation the HYCCT gallery in order to be eligible for the HYCCT prizes :lol:

Here's the Witches Rules:
  1. Be inspired by Pink-O-Ween:
    Pink-O-Ween! Guest Dessert Feature SWEET DESIGNS – AMY ATLAS EVENTS
  2. Make a treat holder of some kind, include a packaged treat to brighten someone's day
  3. Use Pink, Black, White, & Silver
  4. Glam it up
  5. However, it CANNOT be a Halloween card, be inspired by Pink-O-Ween but make it a birthday treat, a just for you treat, or a thinking of you treat.
Here's some templates and tutorials!

Matchbook Candy Holder
Peek-a-Boo Treat Holder
Pull-Up Treats
Or just a pocket card or card with a pouch to put a simple pre-packed treat into.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery
HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master ChallengeThread
HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entriesmust be uploaded to the
Hope You Can Cling To Gallery , with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2012at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a linkto your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you arewelcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keywordwhen uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword isrecommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with anenvelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner atthe UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breastcancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout themonth of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors forpatients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards withmessages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!

The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

(Please note - because MD Anderson is part ofthe State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sentto the Cancer Center)

Thank you for participating in this card drive!

A big thank you from the bottom of my ♥ for my sample makers, luvlee, cook22, and Emma F

stamp300 10-29-2012 05:39 AM

ok, I waited for the challenge to be up so I could think about it driving to the office. Thanks & have a wonderful day.

tessaduck 10-29-2012 05:48 AM

Won't the treats get smashed in the mail?

scootsv 10-29-2012 05:56 AM

Thanks to the tutorials on site, I made a match book to fit my mini candy bar. Here it is.

HYCCT1229 Treat Holder by scootsv - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Crafty Julia 10-29-2012 06:51 AM

HYCCT1229 Try it now

I was inspired by my DD who is a teen- so I used Stamping Bella's Charlotte Ketto stamp- and added a sparkly heart and pink tie- but my sentiment is bold- here's Try it now

Clownmom 10-29-2012 07:02 AM

Here's my project -- Woven Ribbon Treat Box

tessaduck 10-29-2012 07:24 AM

Help me, please. I'm trying to figure out how I'm to ship a treat container, including the treat, in a bubble wrap envelope without smashing. How about the envelope and the clear envelope? I'm guessing I'm to eliminate the conventional envelope and use a zip lock bag for the treat box?

JBgreendawn 10-29-2012 07:31 AM

Brenda. what if you put thin cardboard aka chipboard ( think empty cereal, cracker, tissue box thin cardboard) on the inside of an padded envelope?

My box I have been filling is so full I have to look for something flat to make, Im thinking maybe a teabag holder type thing some how. ( plus it may not smoosh in the mail)

tessaduck 10-29-2012 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBgreendawn (Post 19786987)
Brenda. what if you put thin cardboard aka chipboard ( think empty cereal, cracker, tissue box thin cardboard) on the inside of an padded envelope?

My box I have been filling is so full I have to look for something flat to make, Im thinking maybe a teabag holder type thing some how. ( plus it may not smoosh in the mail)

I think I'm going to go to the gym and work out (kick out the frustration), then get groceries. I'll purchase a tin of mints, or something like that, glam it up, and hope it survives the shipping. I've searched everywhere for something that would protect the project. The best I can find is a stampin' up plastic container. I've already sent three envelopes of cards. Not a box. Live and learn-- I'll know better next year.

allee's 10-29-2012 08:17 AM

Mailing chocolate is always an iffy process in Texas no matter what time of year so I will probably change out my candy for something that won't melt.

Here is my treat box:

From the Heart

octoberbabe 10-29-2012 08:58 AM

Great challenge and I agree with scootsv.......THANKS for the tutorial links !! Here is mine, inside and out :)

HYCCT1229 Pink-o-Ween Polka Dots by octoberbabe - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
HYCCT1229 Pink-o-Ween Polka Dots by octoberbabe - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Mary

It's Ree 10-29-2012 09:42 AM

After deciding what to make for this challenge, I was having issues getting the silver part in. I decided to use silver tiny glass marbles...Well...they don't always work great. :)
Thanks for this challenging challenge. I had fun!
Here is my Treat Holder

pattyb 10-29-2012 11:10 AM

Hi everyone, I'm at work so I'm sorry I'm having a hard time being here and answering you questions :(

Interesting question on mailing the treats, I've treats mailed from MI to both OR and TX in a bubble envelope and my nieces have never reported a problem with the treats. Now granted I usually do something like a hershey bar, a kit kat, or my personal fall back - ghiradelli.

HTH!

tessaduck 10-29-2012 11:15 AM

Well, I think I've solved the problem. At least, I'm done obsessing on it!! Here's mine:

TLC401 curiously strong by tessaduck - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Shadow's Mom 10-29-2012 11:34 AM

Awesome challenge, Patty! Thanks for hosting!

Pink Chocolate Love

Crafty Julia 10-29-2012 12:19 PM

HYCCT1229 Holiday Wishes

Made a gummy bear snack pouch- here's Holiday Wishes

terry serman 10-29-2012 12:30 PM

Here's mine, opened and closed:
HYCCT1229 Sliver Pnk Black Treat Holder Closed by terry serman - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
HYCCT1229 Sliver Pnk Black Treat Holder Open by terry serman - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

naturecoastcrafter 10-29-2012 12:54 PM

Here ya go, Patty. I'm sorry, I didn't have treat that looked good.
Jean's Treat Box by naturecoastcrafter - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

pattyb 10-29-2012 03:59 PM

Sorry if I'm late commenting everyone, Sandy has made her way to Michigan and our power has been in and out all night, and it's only expected to get worse :(

pattyb 10-29-2012 03:59 PM

I'm taking advantage of this and crafting ;)

Debra 10-29-2012 04:35 PM

Thank you Patty! I finally have mine done! Busy day here. Love you my friend.

Here is mine.

jodylb 10-29-2012 05:15 PM

Here's mine - both front and open views:

Pink-O-Ween Tea Open_jlb by jodylb - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Pink-O-Ween Tea_jlb by jodylb - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

StampinAK 10-29-2012 07:57 PM

Here's mine:
HYCCT1229 - Real Witches Wear Pink by StampinAK - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

jenn47 10-29-2012 08:05 PM

Here's my treat box:

Nugget Box (closed)
Nugget Box (open)

TFL!

stamp300 10-29-2012 09:12 PM

HYCCT1229 Cocoa Pocket by stamp300 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Here's mine finally.

saffivort 10-30-2012 06:31 AM

Here's my treat box , almost following the rules! But like any good witch, I know rules are meant to be broken occasionally ;)

TFL, Vannessa

pattyb 10-30-2012 02:09 PM

Caught up with all of you! Love how each one of you interpreted this challenge!

Thanks for helping us brighten someone's day!

artystamper 10-30-2012 07:28 PM

Took me a while to get my brain around this one - finally decided what to do! here's my treat box! HYCCT You Make Me Smile by artystamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

cr8iveme 10-31-2012 10:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Really enjoyed playing along with this challenge.

I created a pillow box for my treat box. I upcycled a tp roll by folding in the ends.

KelliJo 10-31-2012 03:05 PM

Here is my goodies box!!!! :)

Nerdy Witches in Pink

JBgreendawn 10-31-2012 07:36 PM

here is mine:

HYCCT1229 Pink Treats by JBgreendawn - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

simplybeautiful 10-31-2012 09:50 PM

almost done! here is mine

HYCCT1229 ~ Witches Purse by simplybeautiful - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

mamaxsix 11-01-2012 05:00 AM

Found some pretty glittery paper at the craft store and I was good to go! Here's my Yummy Treat Holder

istamp31 11-01-2012 07:55 AM

WHOOT! I did it! finished my last HYCCT challenge! :)

HYCCT1229 - One Sheet Box by istamp31 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

palparis 11-01-2012 09:40 AM

Oops, I forgot to post my 2nd project for 2012 here. I made cow topped sipper straws.
HYCCT1229 is like no udder by palparis - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Ksnurse 11-01-2012 05:16 PM

Had a time figuring out a treat holder that would survive the trip....but I've been wanting to make these teabag holders for awhile now....so much fun, I may make them for the kids at work for Christmas....thx for the fun challenge

HYCCT1229, Thankful tea by Ksnurse - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

cr8iveme 11-01-2012 08:50 PM

Hi!

I'm pretty sure I posted a picture of my card but I wanted to be sure to post
a link to my card.

Delicious Delights by cr8iveme - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

eliotstamps 11-01-2012 09:20 PM

Fun challenge, Patty! And a perfect use for leftover Halloween candy. Here's my treat: HYCCT: Love and chocolate by eliotstamps - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Emily H 11-02-2012 06:26 AM

Here is my sweet treat holder.
Pinkoweeen_600x800_by_Emily_H by Emily H - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Holstein 11-02-2012 09:47 AM

Sweet challenge Patti. Here is my treat. HYCCT1229, Treats by Holstein - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers