Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Challenge Title: Window Of Hope
Date: Saturday, October 27, 2012
Thank you for joining in the third annual Hope You Can Cling To Challenge. I am so thrilled for your participation in this important and inspiring event.
My challenge participation today is to honor my brother-in-law, Louis D'Agostino who lost his life to cancer on July 12, 2012 and to honor my sister, Cynthia who will love and miss him forever.
My challenge for you is to create a card with a Window of Hope. You may use window die cuts, window stamps, pictures of windows, hand cut a window using your craft knife, sketching a window, painting a window. The sky is the limit. Using pink on your card would be a special bonus.
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE: HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery: HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread: HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2012 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
Thank you for participating in this card drive!
I would like to thank Dina and Sabrina for making such beautiful samples.
Kittie - I've admired your window cards forever. I hope to be able to give this a try.
Please accept my sympathies on the loss of your brother-in-law --- I'm so sorry! I lost my brother to cancer. Some people you just miss forever.
big time supply collector
part time scrapbooker & stamper
We will never get tired of your window projects, Kittie. You are the reason I bought the window dies that I have! I'm sorry about the loss of your BIL. I lost both my father and my husband to this terrible disease. I am happy to say that my mother is a 30-year breast cancer survivor!
Just got this awesome set from SU- Reverse Prints- went with turquoise ink on cardboard for a dramatic effect with my irises, surrounded by a pair of sponged shutters. Background is embossed with Cuttlebug's Pumpkin Harvest, and I added some ribbon and a daisy border. Here's Celebrate
I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. –Maya Angelou
Last edited by Crafty Julia; 10-27-2012 at 09:01 AM..
Reason: forgot shutter detail
I just finished making 60 Halloween pockets for my kids classrooms, now I'm ready to start making my cards after dinner. Goodness, the only thing I did was cut the papers & punched, they glued, stamped & stapled.
Whew! I am finally caught up with the challenges!! Now maybe I can go back and browse the galleries and check out all the wonderful cards I am sure are there Here's my card for Kittie's wonderful window challenge:
__________________ Mary ~~ Proud Fan Club Member ~~ QFTD #152 CC Guest Design Team Member for October 2012 & August 2013 2014 CAS Spring Design Team Member SU Consultant 1st year anniversary "Life's greatest adventure is finding your place in the Circle of Life" - Lion King
I'm so sorry for your & your sister's loss, Kittie! Such a horrible disease. This card was made w/ my cousin, Susan, in mind. This week is the 13th anniversary of her loss w/ the fight w/ breast cancer. She was only 2 yrs older than me and so full of life. I miss her.