Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Challenge Title: Stand Like a Flamingo!
Hostess: Resqbarbie AKA Denise
Date: Saturday, October 22nd, 2012
I was so honored to be asked by Lydia to hostess a challenge for the HYCCT event! My personal connection is probably no different than many of you...I lost my Aunt to breast cancer 7 years ago. She was a smart, funny, artistic lady...I owe all my artistic and creative abilities to her! She was so young, only 53 when she lost her fight. Every year I do something so honor her memory, this is just one of many things for me this month and I am so excited to participate in this event!
So to start off my month of breast cancer awareness, I participated in a breast cancer awareness event in my area of Florida called PINK OUT ! We had over 2500 people there to set a world record for the most people standing on one leg like a flamingo for 2 minutes! The flamingo is probably one of those things that screams FLORIDA to everyone! We all have pretty pink plastic ones out in our yards. Mine I got at PINK OUT and my donation went to help others who can’t afford a mammogram to get one.
So my challenge to you is be like a flamingo and stand on ONE leg ! That means, use only ONE of each supply...one stamp, one button, one sheet of DP, one sheet of colored cardstock, one rhinestone... (I know it will be hard for LuvLee, but I have faith!). You can use any combination of things but only one of each type of product (the card base, a sentiment stamp, and your ink do NOT count). EX (my sample): 1 kraft card base + 1 tag die + 1 floral stamp + 1 ribbon + 1 string + 1 sentiment stamp = FABULOUS!
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2012 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
Thank you for participating in this card drive!
Thank you to Lynn, Lee, Mary and Theresa for fabulous samples!
__________________ Mary ~~ Proud Fan Club Member ~~ QFTD #152 CC Guest Design Team Member for October 2012 & August 2013 2014 CAS Spring Design Team Member SU Consultant 1st year anniversary "Life's greatest adventure is finding your place in the Circle of Life" - Lion King
Whew! I'm caught up again. It's funny how it was almost more difficult to make this card with only one of each element than it was to make Taylor's two times the fun card (HYCCT1216) with two of each element. Thanks Denise and all the hostesses for making our creative minds work this month.