Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Challenge Title: Shine It Out!
Hostess: BevMom (Bev)
Date: Monday, October 15th, 2012
Welcome to the half way point of our Hope You Can Cling To Challenges!
You have all been wowing us with your paper savvy and we're excited to keep going with you, raising awareness and stacking up the cards to send off! Group hug for how awesome we are!
Let's talk about shining. When I'm feeling low, I read some favorite quotes and I chose one to base our challenge on today:
"Stars can't shine without darkness"
So here's your challenge: Make a card (or project) using lots of sparkle. You know how much glitter you usually use (a little spot here or there)? Double it! Triple it. Shimmer and shake it, baby! We want to see your sparkle!
Ideas: glitter, rhinestones, twinkling H2Os, spica pens, stickles, smootch glitz...you get the picture.
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2012 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
Great challenge! I liked the idea of stars and space travel- so I used SU's Pun Fun- for my little rocket and message, decorated with bling for hardware. Upped the glitter factor with an embossed silvery gear panel (kudos to hardware engineers!) and added some black sparkly ribbon. Here's You're a blast!
A friend's eye is a good mirror. Irish Proverb
__________________ Mary ~~ Proud Fan Club Member ~~ QFTD #152 CC Guest Design Team Member for October 2012 & August 2013 2014 CAS Spring Design Team Member SC Guest Design Team 2015 SU Consultant "Life's greatest adventure is finding your place in the Circle of Life" - Lion King