Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
I’m so happy to see you here for our third annual Hope You Can Cling To Challenges! I hope that this challenge will speak to you so that you can touch the life of someone who is in the battle right now.
When someone is diagnosed with breast cancer there is a flurry of information, tests and procedures. One day things are normal and almost overnight your life is consumed with difficult and scary things. This calls for a big dose of COURAGE.
Remember the Cowardly Lion from the Wizard of Oz:
What makes a King out of a slave? Courage
What makes the flag on the mast to wave? Courage
What makes the elephant charge his tusk, in the misty mist or the dusky dusk?
What makes the muskrat guard his musk? Courage
What makes the sphinx the seventh wonder? Courage
What makes the dawn come up like thunder? Courage
What makes the Hottentot so hot? What puts the ‘ape’ in Apricot? What have they got that I ain’t got?
You can say that again!
My challenge to you: Make a card or two to inspire strength and courage to a patient. Or, you can be inspired by someone you know who been especially courageous. It’s open to your creativity. Something with a dose of humor is great, too. Thank you to the talented hostesses who created amazing samples for this challenge.
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2012 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center) [/SIZE][/SIZE]
Thank you for joining us today. Be sure to upload to the HYCCT Gallery . Don't forget to mail your card off to MD Anderson.
I agree! I am amazed at each and every card that's posted and it's not even noon here in California. Some are simple, some not so simple, but everyone is finding a way to encourage and inspire through their card. Sometimes, you just stamp from the heart and it all works out.
Originally Posted by Greywolf
Such lovely and thoughtful cards in the gallery. I'm still thinking ...
The Cowardly Lion also wanted to be BRAVE!!!! (ok and Courage didn't fit on my card front....) tee hee! SO... Here is my card using a technique that is apparently all that right now.... I LOVE being hip! hahahahahaha
__________________ Mary ~~ Proud Fan Club Member ~~ QFTD #152 CC Guest Design Team Member for October 2012 & August 2013 2014 CAS Spring Design Team Member Brand Spankin' New SU Consultuant "You're never fully dressed without a smile" - Annie
Well, it's finally after 5 here so maybe I pour a glass of wine. I wonder if I can find something pink. Wouldn't that be nice?? Who wants to join me? I have been so touched by all the encouragement shown in these beautiful designs today. Thanks, everyone, and I hope more are coming over the weekend.
~ Susan - Happy SU Demo for 9.5 years! Grammy to Anna 5, Elizabeth 4, Nora 2, Abigail 2, Kendall 5 months and Isaac, born on 10/13/13 (in my avatar) Proud to be SCS Fan Club Member since the beginning!
What a wonderful challenge! I used SU's Little Boys for my pirate ship and crew- and added some red and light blue polka dotted ribbon for accents. I thought the Tim Holtz woodgrain EF worked well for this card.Here's Be the Captain
I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. –Maya Angelou
Well, we've had some awesome cards come in today. Thanks everyone who has put so much thought into your cards. I know they will make a difference to everyone who receives them-either at MD Anderson or someone you know personally that needs the lift.