Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Challenge Title: Five Words
Date: Wednesday, October 3rd, 2012
Hello and welcome to the third annual Hope You Can Cling To Challenge! We are SO excited to have you here, and so grateful for your participation in this inspiring event!
One of my all time favourite things is WORDS, and they mean so much to so many, especially in times of encouragement and hope. My challenge is to use five individual words on a card. You are welcome to include images, but the focus should be on the words, stamp them, punch them, cut them out of magazines... the choice is yours!
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2012 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
A BIG thanks to my gorgeous sample makers LuvLee, Dini and nillysilly_ol'bear and CAKath for their fabulous take on this challenge!!
Thank you for participating in this card drive!
Stamps + Paper = Happiness Edna's Blog
well, this one is super duper easy and I will prolly make another one later...I have mag clippings on the brain after reading the intro and takes me back to when I first started making cards....but if I don't get my teapotter card done, I'm going to be pedaling in the late gate again.....so here is the first
I had seen the perfect card to CASE for today's challenge so I combined with honoring Queen Polly in my Words of Hope I was also influenced by the look of all the cards coming from Beate's challenge and went with a grey/with pop of pink color scheme!
Great challenge - love how all of these make me think outside of my usual. Helps me keep in mind the purpose of the cards, all those who have struggled with cancer of any kind - a crazy disease that has touched almost every one of us in one way or another. Thanks SCS and you awesome ladies for hosting this.
__________________ Mary ~~ Proud Fan Club Member ~~ QFTD #152 CC Guest Design Team Member for October 2012 & August 2013 Brand Spankin' New SU Consultuant "You're never fully dressed without a smile" - Annie