Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 06:04 PM   #121
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via MSN to ohmypaper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravengirl View Post
I've been making a scrapbook page! I seriously have not created one since the very first SU party I went to a bazillion years ago. My frustration level is as high today as it was the first time. I am soooo a card maker and not a scrapbooker.

My co-workers at school always want me to do bulletin boards because they like my cards. I politely decline and suggest that I could do a nice job if the bulletin board was 4.25 x 5.5
LOL!!! It was a LONG day yesterday as I worked on my page! By the end of the night my head ached and my neck was stiff. I woke up slightly dizzy this morning!!! Thankfully going back to cards although, I think I like the way mine turned out....sort of?!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-11-2012, 06:17 PM   #122
Watercolor Wizard

This is the first chance I've had to get online today. Church & Sunday School all morning. Then back to church at 4:00 for a teacher's training class. I've checked my email (nothing important there) and decided to see what was going on here.

I'm sorry to hear about Lydia's dad. I had to take care of my Mom for 12 years after my Dad died. It was difficult at times.

I'm glad I didn't miss out on any of the prize announcements though. I've got a doc appt. tomorrow morning, so not sure how much time I'll have to be online tomorrow either.

It's only 9:16 p.m. here, but it feels much later. I'm bushed!
Old 11-11-2012, 07:23 PM   #123
Forum Fanatic

Good afternoon, it is a beautiful, warm Spring day here in Sydney - a perfect day for my son's 28th birthday!! Following on from the conversations about scrapbooking I, too, started scrapbooking first before making cards. Once I started making cards that was it - I love it!! I did, however, manage to make a few scrapbooks and did an album for each of my sons for their 21st birthdays of the important moments in their lives and also one for my Mum when she turned 80. Still have plans to get back to it but my first love is definitely making cards now!
Old 11-12-2012, 02:59 AM   #124
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning ladies! I wonder if today will be the day?

My first love was scrapbooking! I fell in love with it the day I went to my first Creative Memories Party. I actually disliked stamping the first time I went to a Stampin' Up party. It was meeting a SU demo who was patient and willing to teach AT A Creative Memories workshop that I became a stamper. Now stamping is definitely my first love and scrap booking has been put on a back burner.

I did get caught up with my pictures at one point in time and found that depressing - I had no scrap booking to do so now I always leave at least some pictures alone so I always have scrap booking to do if I get in the mood.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:31 AM   #125
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzbysmom View Post
I did get caught up with my pictures at one point in time and found that depressing - I had no scrap booking to do so now I always leave at least some pictures alone so I always have scrap booking to do if I get in the mood.
Oh my! I can't even wrap my mind around having that problem! My goal this year is to do a scrapbook of my daughter's wedding. Her DH's BIL, who is a photographer for the Senate and a wedding photographer by profession, took their pictures and they are just incredible ! The hardest part is going to be whittling down the choices of photos. They also had a huge wedding party as both my DD and my SIL had their 5 siblings in the wedding party as well as some friends! Here's a sample with my 6 and the groom.

I started with scrapbooking too. I started stamping when my DD went to a bday party and an SU demo came and helped the girls make a gable box and picture frame. I thought it would be a fun hobby to do with my kids and I could use my papers, punches, etc from scrapbooking and not have to buy a lot of other stuff, hahaha
Attached Images
File Type: jpg the sibs at the wedding.jpg (45.1 KB, 27 views)

Stamping for my Sanity's Sake!

Romans 8:28-29
I finally have a blog! Click here to check it out.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:45 AM   #126
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaxsix View Post
Oh my! I can't even wrap my mind around having that problem! My goal this year is to do a scrapbook of my daughter's wedding. Her DH's BIL, who is a photographer for the Senate and a wedding photographer by profession, took their pictures and they are just incredible ! The hardest part is going to be whittling down the choices of photos. They also had a huge wedding party as both my DD and my SIL had their 5 siblings in the wedding party as well as some friends! Here's a sample with my 6 and the groom.

I started with scrapbooking too. I started stamping when my DD went to a bday party and an SU demo came and helped the girls make a gable box and picture frame. I thought it would be a fun hobby to do with my kids and I could use my papers, punches, etc from scrapbooking and not have to buy a lot of other stuff, hahaha
Oh Gail, what a great photo! It has such a casual, spur of the moment feel to it.
Proud Fan Club Member
Proud MMTPTCC Member
Old 11-12-2012, 05:19 AM   #127
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Today is the day! Follow me over here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...l#post19817858

My Gallery |My Blog | My Store
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

Old 11-12-2012, 06:13 AM   #128
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderstandBlue View Post
Today is the day! Follow me over here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...l#post19817858
Oh yay!
Mark's Finest Papers A Heinrich Company Designer
Old 11-12-2012, 06:25 AM   #129
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

What a beautiful family you have, Gail! Gorgeous photo!

I can't wrap my mind around being caught up with scrapping photos either. Another of my loves is photography and I have over 20,000 photos on my computer. Combine that with my unscrapped film photos, and it is probably enough photos to circle the globe LOL.
The expectation that I will get all those scrapped is ridiculous - but that goal is still in the back of my mind. AND I'm a SLOW scrapper -- I fuss with my pages forever.

And yeah - how about that not "needing" a lot of supplies because I already have paper LOL!

my gallery
Old 11-12-2012, 10:13 PM   #130
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator

Quote:
I can bet that will be hard, they really were wonderful photos! But at least scrapbooking you can have more than the wedding album, right? You can make a BIG scrapbook .