Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 12:25 AM   #2681
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

I love Indian food too - wish we had a restaurant here, but no... and the only Thai food here that I've found is tom yam soup... I found a recipe and want to try making it, but I keep forgetting to buy fish sauce. We eat local fare every day for lunch, and we like it spicy!

If you hear a voice within you say you cannot paint,
then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.
Vincent Van Gogh

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-20-2012, 03:03 AM   #2682
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvilbaum View Post
No fun having to wait around when you just want to get home, but at least you had something great to look at.
Your stuffing for that squash sounds great - Can ya share the recipe?
I'll try to remember to post it tonight after work or tomorrow....I've got olds brain somedays so if I forget, remind me

QFTD38 and proud fan club member

Join us for Christmas Card Challenge 2013and All Occasion Card Challenge 2013
Y'all are cordially invited to a teaparty with the Sisterhood of the Traveling Teaparty.
resident lurker at the You Can Do It challenge
Old 11-20-2012, 03:10 AM   #2683
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessaduck View Post
Windy all day here, and the serious rain just started this afternoon. Coming down in buckets, now. Normal Oregon storm... Standing water here in town, since so many folks still had leaves piled curbside for city crews to pick up. Folks out of town are losing power occasionally, but that's not unusual. Like Tam, I glory in the wind and rain. I don't want the webs between my toes to dry up.
What is it about a storm that makes you sleep like a rock? It must have settled down last night because I didn't hear the wind screaming. Can't wait until daylight so we can see how high the water got. My county is under flood warning. How about you, Brenda? How did you fare the night?
SCS Fan Club Member
Old 11-20-2012, 03:31 AM   #2684
Matboard Maniac

Good morning ladies. I hope everyone has a wonderful and exciting day!!
Old 11-20-2012, 03:45 AM   #2685
Proud Fan Club Member

Morning everyone...just finishing my second cup of coffee and then off shopping for the ingredients for all the cookies, brownies, and any other things I think of that I will be making tomorrow for thanksgiving.
temporary design team for Bugaboo
Old 11-20-2012, 03:58 AM   #2686
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdoyle8 View Post
Dina -- I've never seen rice being harvested before -- I don't know what I thought rice looked like but I was stupidly surprised to see it looks like any other grain LOL! I guess I thought it grew in Uncle Ben's bags ..
Good morning, I took the day off from checking this yesterday so I have about 7 pages to go through!
I also never saw what rice looked like as it grew. This is NOT what I thought! Thanks for the pics.

CCC, MMTPT, QFTD156, Cards for a Cause, Fan Club Member

Rita/scootsv

Last edited by scootsv; 11-20-2012 at 04:57 AM.. Reason: when I got to the end I saw I was 7 pages behind
Old 11-20-2012, 04:07 AM   #2687
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderstandBlue View Post
I hate shopping so I wouldn't do it but my friends who do do it for the thrill - not even the savings. I'd rather walk in the woods

I would rather be down in my basement making cards!!!

Rita/scootsv
Old 11-20-2012, 04:18 AM   #2688
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning early risers!!Another day of anticipation and fun!!I probably will only get to pop in and out. Since I can't take my stamping along to the hospital when I sit with my mother, I have tried to restore my memory on some crocheting skills. I have ended up with some really strange pieces, but at least it is keeping me busy at something. I can't stand just sitting being unproductive.

The joy of the LORD is my strength.

Right Brain Madness --My blog
Proud member of the redDivas
KSS certified multi-step stamper
Fan Club member since 2004
Old 11-20-2012, 04:27 AM   #2689
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
I just posted this card on our Splitcoast page - Dina's amazing Penny Black creation

Just the stamp is marvelous - the coloring and presentation is awesome! Good job Dina!

Rita/scootsv
Old 11-20-2012, 04:32 AM   #2690
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazylizard View Post
Good morning early risers!!Another day of anticipation and fun!!I probably will only get to pop in and out. Since I can't take my stamping along to the hospital when I sit with my mother, I have tried to restore my memory on some crocheting skills. I have ended up with some really strange pieces, but at least it is keeping me busy at something. I can't stand just sitting being unproductive.
Liz - I did the same thing when my grandmother passed. We had a four hour trip back home and I knew I was in for not only a long car ride, but a lot of sitting on other people's sofas. Right before we left, I had to pick up a few things at Walmart. I happened through the craft section (force of habit!). They had a "learn to crochet" kit for a lapghan. It was just a big granny square. My grandmother had taught me to crochet when I was a little girl so it felt like I was going full circle by crocheting again. I refreshed my skills - came right back to me - and I haven't stopped since. I find that repetitive motion very soothing - I hope it helps you, too, as you spend time with your mom.

my gallery
Old 11-20-2012, 04:32 AM   #2691
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
SURPRISE!!!

Scootsv won the second Penny Black prize.

HAHAh I love this pic
Wow! I take a day off and it happens!!!

I am still playing catch-up and what a lovely surprise! Thanks to all the mods and especially the sponsors! I LOVE PENNY BLACK STAMPS but do not have a lot of them as most of my stamps are from rummage sales and people do not sell these! I AM HAPPY! THANKS

Rita/scootsv
Old 11-20-2012, 04:34 AM   #2692
Matboard Maniac

Hey Liz, I'm with you on that. When I watch TV or go somewhere I have to have something in my hands. Crocheting is another one of my many hobbies. Sending you hugs and prayers to you and your mother.

Quote:
Old 11-20-2012, 04:49 AM   #2693
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty Julia View Post
Yay! So excited to get this- Should I thank the squirrel too?
Julia, Congrats on being a fellow Penny Black winner! Enjoy - I KNOW I will!

Rita/scootsv
Old 11-20-2012, 05:11 AM   #2694
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Hi girls! Congrats to all yesterday's winners! I hope I'm here for some of today's action! I'll be sad to lose this hangout.

Dina - Gorgeous. So amazingly gorgeous.

Liz - Hugs for your hospital sitting. Healing thoughts and prayers for your mom.

Everyone's food sounds so yummy! I don't have to make anything this year, which feels weird and wrong. I may cruise the recipe thread tomorrow and make something anyway.
Gallery Blog
Old 11-20-2012, 05:20 AM   #2695
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammie E View Post
What is it about a storm that makes you sleep like a rock? It must have settled down last night because I didn't hear the wind screaming. Can't wait until daylight so we can see how high the water got. My county is under flood warning. How about you, Brenda? How did you fare the night?
Okay here. Soggy as all get-out... When I came home from church last night there were emergency lights down by the bridge, maybe standing water or something. I'll find out more later when I get out to do errands.

Slept well and woke up in a panic -- I'm supposed to be tidying up. I've hired a gal to do house cleaning, and I always clean house before she comes.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:21 AM   #2696
SCS Gallery Moderator
Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dini View Post
I love Indian food too - wish we had a restaurant here, but no... and the only Thai food here that I've found is tom yam soup... I found a recipe and want to try making it, but I keep forgetting to buy fish sauce. We eat local fare every day for lunch, and we like it spicy!
Oh, I'm hooked on that at the moment . Our local greengrocer has just started stocking lemongrass!!! And the butcher gives me free chicken carcasses if I ask, which make fabulous stock. But I'm betting you can probably get truly fresh lemongrass, not what classes as fresh here? DH wants me to make a red Thai curry - maybe this weekend.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:25 AM   #2697
SCS Gallery Moderator
Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator

Quote:
It's great to have something like that to do! My thoughts are with you, a lot of time in hospital as a visitor isn't much more fun than as a patient. I hope things go well with your mother.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:27 AM   #2698
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Okay here. Soggy as all get-out... When I came home from church last night there were emergency lights down by the bridge, maybe standing water or something. I'll find out more later when I get out to do errands.

Slept well and woke up in a panic -- I'm supposed to be tidying up. I've hired a gal to do house cleaning, and I always clean house before she comes.
You just made me chuckle. I always said it would not pay me to have a cleaning person as I would clean it before they got here so they did not see what it looked like.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:46 AM   #2699
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Brenda -- I am printing this out to show my dh!!! He thinks I'm nuts for cleaning up before the cleaning ladies come! And I'm not really cleaning -- just picking up the rubble. How can they clean if there is crap lying all over???

my gallery
Old 11-20-2012, 05:56 AM   #2700

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdoyle8 View Post
Brenda -- I am printing this out to show my dh!!! He thinks I'm nuts for cleaning up before the cleaning ladies come! And I'm not really cleaning -- just picking up the rubble. How can they clean if there is crap lying all over???
She'll be here in an hour. I've spent the last 45" dismantling my craft domain. Tucked away the light box. Cleared off and stashed the folding table I use for paper stuff. Consolidated the projects that I can do while she's here. Straightened up the kitchen and bedrooms, and now it's time to shower. So. Explain to me why I'm online!!!

Gotta go.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:10 AM   #2701
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Location: down the road, around the corner, first house on the left

Good morning! Congrats to all the winners.

What is about when the cleaning lady comes...I do the same thing...clean the night before, get up early on the day she's to be here, I just close my craftroom door, then I go to McDonalds for pancakes. I have to leave while she cleans 'cause I want her to come back! And, one of the best things about her...she does windows!
Old 11-20-2012, 06:31 AM   #2702
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

g'morning.
I so wish I had a cleaning fairy but, I think it would kill me getting my house clean before she got here... SO... I'm thinking about getting an gardener help instead. ( I have ten flower beds and we have 2 acres) so these are good sized beds. ( part time job sized) so... that way I would not have to have the house spotless before they came hahahaha.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:35 AM   #2703
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootsv View Post
Wow! I take a day off and it happens!!!

I am still playing catch-up and what a lovely surprise! Thanks to all the mods and especially the sponsors! I LOVE PENNY BLACK STAMPS but do not have a lot of them as most of my stamps are from rummage sales and people do not sell these! I AM HAPPY! THANKS
Have you ever considered the RAK group? (its an user group here) there is an sub-forum called wish rak and that is the fairy god mother part of split coast stampers...

people can make a wish for an image they would like to try coloring before they buy one and you can fill that wish to earn ones of your own to make... and there are things besides images you can grant like cardstock sample quarters or ribbons or lace or different things. most of what is granted and wished for is images. there are still companies out there that know if people get to play with their products they win in the end. So, they have angel policies that allow that. and that is a very fun thing to get happy mail
Old 11-20-2012, 06:46 AM   #2704
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning ladies....it's almost Wednesday.
QFTD52
FS318
You Can Do It Challenge
HYCCT2013
Old 11-20-2012, 06:51 AM   #2705
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
My prayers are with you & your mother Liz.

If it makes you feel any better, my girls think you have a cute Stampin' name.

Hugs,
Connie
QFTD52
FS318
You Can Do It Challenge
HYCCT2013
Old 11-20-2012, 06:59 AM   #2706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Y View Post
Good morning! Congrats to all the winners.

What is about when the cleaning lady comes...I do the same thing...clean the night before, get up early on the day she's to be here, I just close my craftroom door, then I go to McDonalds for pancakes. I have to leave while she cleans 'cause I want her to come back! And, one of the best things about her...she does windows!
Syndi does windows, too-- but collaboratively. We work on them together. Okay, so now the house is Syndi-ready, and she just pulled up.

Honestly, if she didn't come every other week, I'd be living in a pile of paper and/or fabric projects. I'm seriously counting my blessings, here. There's folks who, due to Sandy, have no house to clean, or fighting cancer or such. I hired Syndi in the early 90's, when I was still teaching and dealing with my mom and her dementia. Mom's long since passed, and I've retired, but I still need Syndi. She's been such a blessing.

I just left her two Thanksgiving cards, unsigned, so she can use them as she sees fit. Small compensation.

Oh, and of course, her fee.

Last edited by tessaduck; 11-20-2012 at 07:02 AM..
Old 11-20-2012, 07:06 AM   #2707
Watercolor Wizard

Latte in hand and checking in on the fun before heading to work this morning. I see Lydia has been busy again!! Congrats to all of the newest winners.

My Gallery
and My Blog
DT Member of Jellypark, Meljens Designs , Create With TLC and Guest DT Bugaboo Stamps
Old 11-20-2012, 07:18 AM   #2708
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm here sitting at work suppose to be working, my boss won't be here until noon. I'll be able to chit chat with you ladies.
QFTD52
FS318
You Can Do It Challenge
HYCCT2013
Old 11-20-2012, 07:47 AM   #2709
Duchess of CBCs

good good morning... how is everyone? I'm working from home today with a "sick" little one...

doesn't act so sick though.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:49 AM   #2710
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by newstampinaddict View Post
good good morning... how is everyone? I'm working from home today with a "sick" little one...

Hi Alison,

Least you get to stay home. How old is your little one? Hope the little one is ok.
QFTD52
FS318
You Can Do It Challenge
HYCCT2013
Old 11-20-2012, 07:55 AM   #2711
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Me too! Well, I have to pop into work around noon for a meeting and to pick up some actual work, but for now I'm letting her dad catch up on his sleep (last night wasn't so hot). She seems better this morning, thank goodness, but I think we could all use some sleep.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:57 AM   #2712
Duchess of CBCs

She's 5 and her tummy hurts.

She's fine... I think she needed a day at home. but you are right at least I am at home and not at work...

HUGS Heather.. those sleepless nights are not fun!
Old 11-20-2012, 08:08 AM   #2713
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post
Have you ever considered the RAK group? (its an user group here) there is an sub-forum called wish rak and that is the fairy god mother part of split coast stampers...

people can make a wish for an image they would like to try coloring before they buy one and you can fill that wish to earn ones of your own to make... and there are things besides images you can grant like cardstock sample quarters or ribbons or lace or different things. most of what is granted and wished for is images. there are still companies out there that know if people get to play with their products they win in the end. So, they have angel policies that allow that. and that is a very fun thing to get happy mail

When I re-read what I said. I do NOT buy a lot of new stamps! I CHOOSE to spend my money on classes, MANY DIES, many embossing folders, embellishments, which I do not use enough of and ribbon! I do not care if my stamps are MODERN or OLD, they are all NEW to me! We have a LOT of rummage sales in our area and whenever they are advertised as 'rubber stamps', I AM THERE when they open.

Thanks for the info, and when I get my windows washed, and get caught up on my challenges, I will check the RAK out. Thanks again.

Rita/scootsv
Old 11-20-2012, 08:11 AM   #2714
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Here is a tip! My daughter who works full time had a cleaning lady. DD hated doing the bathrooms and kitchen! So....the cleaning lady did those rooms and while she did that, my daughter did the rest of the house. Then cleaning was not such a big chore for her as she did not have to do what she did not like doing. Also, this was a more inexpensive way of having a cleaning lady.

Rita/scootsv
Old 11-20-2012, 08:15 AM   #2715

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post

Where are the RAK threads? I looked in general stamping talk and swaps...
Old 11-20-2012, 08:17 AM   #2716

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootsv View Post
[/COLOR]

Here is a tip! My daughter who works full time had a cleaning lady. DD hated doing the bathrooms and kitchen! So....the cleaning lady did those rooms and while she did that, my daughter did the rest of the house. Then cleaning was not such a big chore for her as she did not have to do what she did not like doing. Also, this was a more inexpensive way of having a cleaning lady.
Syndi's done. Now I can mess it all up again. Or-- maybe not. I'm hosting Thanksgiving this year. On second thought, I'd better behave myself until the guests depart...
Old 11-20-2012, 08:20 AM   #2717
Duchess of CBCs

what fun prizes are in store for today?
Old 11-20-2012, 08:21 AM   #2718

Quote:
what fun prizes are in store for today?
I'll second that question
Mark's Finest Papers A Heinrich Company Designer
Old 11-20-2012, 08:24 AM   #2719
Stazon Splitcoast

Lydia has a darling card as a sample for the color challenge today.

Stamping for my Sanity's Sake!

Romans 8:28-29
I finally have a blog! Click here to check it out.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:30 AM   #2720
Kookie Creator

Did anyone ever ask Lydia what the total # of people were who made cards?

Last edited by nurse11349; 11-20-2012 at 08:37 AM..