Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 03:01 PM   #2241
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makalah View Post
Hey, I found her!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHXZA_5XMJ4

(LuvLee found this video and shared it in last year's HYCCT chatter thread)
I am sure our Lydia is MUCH MORE refined than that! Cute video though!!!

CCC, MMTPT, QFTD156, Cards for a Cause, Fan Club Member

Rita/scootsv
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-17-2012, 03:34 PM   #2242
Stazon Splitcoast

Can I ask you ladies for an opinion? When I posted my pink snowflake punch Christmas tree card on FB, someone asked me if I would make 12 of them. I said sure so I emailed the lady back & told her I would. She hasn't responded to me at all. I don't know what to do, that would be 30 snowflake punches a card times 12, that's a lot of punches & time. Should I just ignore her because I would like the money first rather than spending all my time doing that knowing she may not want them.
QFTD52
FS318
HYCCT2013
Old 11-17-2012, 03:46 PM   #2243
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamp300 View Post
That would be very NICE to win.
I've had my hopeful eye on that Pazzles machine also.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:47 PM   #2244
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:
Can I ask you ladies for an opinion? When I posted my pink snowflake punch Christmas tree card on FB, someone asked me if I would make 12 of them. I said sure so I emailed the lady back & told her I would. She hasn't responded to me at all. I don't know what to do, that would be 30 snowflake punches a card times 12, that's a lot of punches & time. Should I just ignore her because I would like the money first rather than spending all my time doing that knowing she may not want them.
Respond and say you need confirmation by Thanksgiving and payment by the end of the 28th. If she doesn't respond, then yes ignore her! Also, make sure you add the cost of shipping to whatever price per card you offered! And I hope if you're punching almost 400 snowflakes you asked enough to replace your snowflake punch if it dies on you!

Love SU!? Join the Crew!
The CreativeCrew <The Gallery
CreativeCrew Play Along <The Challenges
Old 11-17-2012, 03:47 PM   #2245
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
It's the prize machine that never ends!
yes it goes on and on, my friend
somebody picked a number, not knowing what it'd do
and they'll continue with prizes
forever just because it's the prize machine that never ends...

*sung to the tune of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U2zJOryHKQ
Oh great - now I'll have that tune in my head all evening. But I do love that song.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:49 PM   #2246
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyb View Post
Respond and say you need confirmation by Thanksgiving and payment by the end of the 28th. If she doesn't respond, then yes ignore her! Also, make sure you add the cost of shipping to whatever price per card you offered! And I hope if you're punching almost 400 snowflakes you asked enough to replace your snowflake punch if it dies on you!
Thanks. I will do that. I would hate to punch all those snowflakes. I punched tons of the MS branches, that 1 of them branches doesn't punch....discouraging to say the least. I need another one.
QFTD52
FS318
HYCCT2013
Old 11-17-2012, 03:51 PM   #2247
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
I'd say get the money first, if for no other reason than to cover cost of supplies. If she's not responding perhaps she wasn't serious about wanting them.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:59 PM   #2248
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

ARGH!!!! Civil War is NEXT WEEK!!!!! No popcorn in the house and Ducks gettin ready to play Stanford!!! All my "flavor" is gone but so is my pop!!!! Can you say need to go get groceries????? Ugh!!!!
Old 11-17-2012, 04:04 PM   #2249
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliJo View Post
ARGH!!!! Civil War is NEXT WEEK!!!!! No popcorn in the house and Ducks gettin ready to play Stanford!!! All my "flavor" is gone but so is my pop!!!! Can you say need to go get groceries????? Ugh!!!!
Quick trip. It's game time.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:13 PM   #2250
Stazon Splitcoast

We haven't heard from Lydia all day.
QFTD52
FS318
HYCCT2013
Old 11-17-2012, 04:50 PM   #2251

Send a message via MSN to ohmypaper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaxsix View Post
I've been selling my cards to my mom and a few of her friends for years, but they live in Chicago so I don't get the chance to have them look through the cards very often. I tried a craft show once, but I didn't do well at all. I tried selling at an Artisan and Farmer's Market here in my town (the table was only $10) and neither my fresh herbs from my garden nor my cards sold only some baked goods I threw together at the last minute, go figure!
I was going to try again at an end of the summer event so when I saw a rack at the thrift store I snatched it up (only $15 for a huge, former book rack). Then a consignment store opened up in my town and it looked like a good fit. I took a few cards in to show him in their plastic sleeves. The owner charges me a commission though other vendors pay per month per square foot of display. Since my space was all vertical, he deemed it more fair to charge a percentage of each card sale. I had posted about it and put up pictures on fb and a gal from my previous church saw it. She works at a store in a slightly larger town and the owner lets local artisans put things in her shop and charges NO commission. I only have a basket there, but I'm keeping track of what is selling and I may end up moving my rack there at some point.
Most of my cards sell for around $3.50 which is what my small town, rural Indiana market can bear. I charge less for simpler cards and mini cards. I've been in both shops since October so I don't have much data yet! The crazy thing was that when I filled the rack I had over 300 cards! The town I live in where I have the rack, is a lake town so it will be interesting to see if I can do more sales in the summer. So far it is just a fun little extra bit of income~about $60 in October but who knows. My mom bought $50 worth from me last week too so I'm rollin' in the dough!
wow! wow! wow!!! HOW AWESOME!!!! What a wonderful way to make a little money to pay for our habit!!!! LOVE the vertical rack!!!
Old 11-17-2012, 04:54 PM   #2252
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
Chris, it seems strange, but several of my friends who have gout have received different instructions from their doctors. Several are like me and understand that we are to stay away from a lot of things that can cause the problem. One man was not given any restrictions except for alcohol and red meat. Some of these friends are on pills to prevent gout; others are not. It is confusing as to why the instructions are different. I'm told that pork is as bad as red meat. Cherries, particularly tart cherries are a good preventive measure. My gout is not all that severe, and most the info I got was online from reputable sites. I look forward to the "education" part of my next visit with the kidney doc. He will put me on some preventative meds and talk about diet. One thing on the "allowed" list is chocolate, so how about that?!
chocolate! Yum, I do love chocolate. I've been trying to avoid it, I lost a good amount of weight last year and want to lose more. I have a hard time stopping at just a taste so it's better to just stay away, kwim.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:56 PM   #2253
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

I'm home thanksgiving sold out, Christmas ( almost sold out) most the Christmas tags ( gone ) so this year was the best money wise than all previous year ended up at 5.25 short of 500. so ( a lot of stamps can follow me home this next year) so I will have to peek at the links above to see if anyone has cool "golf" designs out. (because, the stamps I want on ebay are too many people are fighting over them )

put a bigger lens on and shot some different angles this morning ( have to suck the photos out of the camera still) but, thought I'd peek in and say Hey and congratulations to today's winners and such
Old 11-17-2012, 04:59 PM   #2254
Swapper of the Month - September 2013

Stacy, you must be pooped. Good for you, I'd say those are quite good results!

JCI, busy day but accomplished much. Hope for the same tomorrow.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:00 PM   #2255
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Hey, I found her!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHXZA_5XMJ4

(LuvLee found this video and shared it in last year's HYCCT chatter thread)
Dang, something's preventing me from hearing the song but I'm pretty sure it's the same song I used to have a recording of Groucho Marx singing. I love it. Lydia, Oh lydia, oh have you seen Lydia...
Old 11-17-2012, 05:00 PM   #2256
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodylb View Post

KJ - Be gentle with Raul. It's his first time...
MWAAAAHAAAA!!!!!

QFTD38 and proud fan club member

Join us for Christmas Card Challenge 2013and All Occasion Card Challenge 2013
Y'all are cordially invited to a teaparty with the Sisterhood of the Traveling Teaparty.
resident lurker at the You Can Do It challenge
Old 11-17-2012, 05:01 PM   #2257
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Quote:
Connie, all the response's youve had so far are good ones I agree with, and dont feel funny about asking for the money upfront. I would just say to the woman this will be this much money. and shipping will be this much extra. and if you'd like insurance its this much extra.

I have an etsy shop. ( its empty) but, for people selling that way online, if someone wants you to do custom work. you have that money paid upfront. so its an reasonable request.
you could also ask that they pay via pay-pal instead of a personal check or something not verified also.

just some thoughts.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:03 PM   #2258
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessaduck View Post
If for no other reason than to stop the Lydia videos...
I see I am not alone knowing this as a Groucho song. what a rip those brothers were.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:05 PM   #2259
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownmom View Post
At the rate it's going, it could go on for weeks!!!
just think how much more we'll have to yak about.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:10 PM   #2260
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
One of my old work buddies asked me if I would make cards for her bowling group. I told I would and gave her a price and never heard back. I think they like the idea until it becomes a reality and there's money on the line. If you don't have use for 12 of those cards, don't make them til you hear from her again.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:11 PM   #2261
Stazon Splitcoast

Just checking in. Spent all afternoon shopping - picked up a few necessities, a few not so necessary things (a cute new bag, for one!), a couple of Christmas presents, stopped at the new pet store and picked up cat food (and some fun freebies, since they just opened yesterday) and a bunch of groceries. Now that I get to go to Thanksgiving, I have to make an appetizer and an apple pie. Got lucky and found some free wine-tasting at the grocery store; made the bill a little easier to take!

Now I'm tired, but hope to get some crafting in tonight. It is only 6 p.m. after all!

Creativity takes courage.
--Henri Matisse
Old 11-17-2012, 05:12 PM   #2262
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post
Connie, all the response's youve had so far are good ones I agree with, and dont feel funny about asking for the money upfront. I would just say to the woman this will be this much money. and shipping will be this much extra. and if you'd like insurance its this much extra.

I have an etsy shop. ( its empty) but, for people selling that way online, if someone wants you to do custom work. you have that money paid upfront. so its an reasonable request.
you could also ask that they pay via pay-pal instead of a personal check or something not verified also.

just some thoughts.
Thanks Stacy.. I normally do that when I sell my quilted tote bags, I've been screwed before by someone...I sent a bag plus a baby quilt to match but the girl never paid me, worse of all, she's my friend from years ago.
QFTD52
FS318
HYCCT2013
Old 11-17-2012, 05:13 PM   #2263
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaxsix View Post
I've been selling my cards to my mom and a few of her friends for years, but they live in Chicago so I don't get the chance to have them look through the cards very often. I tried a craft show once, but I didn't do well at all. I tried selling at an Artisan and Farmer's Market here in my town (the table was only $10) and neither my fresh herbs from my garden nor my cards sold only some baked goods I threw together at the last minute, go figure!
I was going to try again at an end of the summer event so when I saw a rack at the thrift store I snatched it up (only $15 for a huge, former book rack). Then a consignment store opened up in my town and it looked like a good fit. I took a few cards in to show him in their plastic sleeves. The owner charges me a commission though other vendors pay per month per square foot of display. Since my space was all vertical, he deemed it more fair to charge a percentage of each card sale. I had posted about it and put up pictures on fb and a gal from my previous church saw it. She works at a store in a slightly larger town and the owner lets local artisans put things in her shop and charges NO commission. I only have a basket there, but I'm keeping track of what is selling and I may end up moving my rack there at some point.
Most of my cards sell for around $3.50 which is what my small town, rural Indiana market can bear. I charge less for simpler cards and mini cards. I've been in both shops since October so I don't have much data yet! The crazy thing was that when I filled the rack I had over 300 cards! The town I live in where I have the rack, is a lake town so it will be interesting to see if I can do more sales in the summer. So far it is just a fun little extra bit of income~about $60 in October but who knows. My mom bought $50 worth from me last week too so I'm rollin' in the dough!
That is the most awesome find I sell some of mine in an store on main street but, they out right buy them from me then raise the prices to resell them. Yes, I would say 4.00 range seems to sell best around here too, I think this weekend not many in the higher than that or none in the 8-10 range sold at all. but, people are still buying cards and most of them are giddy when they find one for less than 3 in a booth.

I think the no commission thing would be really cool for you if you do move locations.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #2264
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Connie if your selling those bags online just direct the gal to your shop and tell her you can do a custom listing for her or something... that way you are both protected.

my last bunch of cards I sold on line ( a year ago Halloween to a gal in Spain... the mail did not bother to deliver them to her until this years Easter) so... maybe ask where she lives too? ( like in what country) I've been told from our local PO that mailing to Spain and Italy are sometimes ( they never know it will get delivered)
Old 11-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #2265
Watercolor Wizard

there's so many golf images
If you like MFT's Who's that girl (the headless ones) there's a golfer - here's the card I made with it
MFTWSC71 WTG Plays Golf by cveneruso - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
crafty secrets has a nice set, I used one of the stamps for this card
Crafty Secrets gold by cveneruso - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
I also have an impression obsession stamp - not sure if I ever posted anything with it here.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:23 PM   #2266
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliJo View Post
Nope! NOT electric I down graded in that area, but the Big Shot Pro is capable of using ALL DIES, thick thin long short.... ALL DIES... including the Grand Calibur. ONE MACHINE!!!! Chris you MUST get it....

Sizzix Big Shot Pro Machine Only (Periwinkle) w/Standard Accessories | Sizzix.com

I used a Tuesday coupon and got 40% off!!!!

I call him Raul cuz I will love and abuse him like a pool boy Chris!!!!
Oooooh.... (wipes drool off the keyboard)

how neat is that?!?! just flashed his mug shot to hubs...
Old 11-17-2012, 05:26 PM   #2267
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

headless people don't phase me I'm used to seeing things cropped with a camera lens. but, I don't care much for the "moose" looking people.

<--- should probably duck and hide now eh?
Old 11-17-2012, 05:32 PM   #2268
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Quote:
headless people don't phase me I'm used to seeing things cropped with a camera lens. but, I don't care much for the "moose" looking people.

Hee!! My kids thought they were hippos.

If you hear a voice within you say you cannot paint,
then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.
Vincent Van Gogh

Old 11-17-2012, 05:33 PM   #2269
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
I'm home thanksgiving sold out, Christmas ( almost sold out) most the Christmas tags ( gone ) so this year was the best money wise than all previous year ended up at 5.25 short of 500. so ( a lot of stamps can follow me home this next year) so I will have to peek at the links above to see if anyone has cool "golf" designs out. (because, the stamps I want on ebay are too many people are fighting over them )

put a bigger lens on and shot some different angles this morning ( have to suck the photos out of the camera still) but, thought I'd peek in and say Hey and congratulations to today's winners and such
Yay! Stacy! Congrats on such wonderful proceeds from the craft fair. Don't spend it all in one place.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:33 PM   #2270
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

I like the headless ones but I don't like the ones without mouths and noses. How do those kids breathe?
I found one of the Impression Obsession cards. I had to go back pretty far to find it.
Fore T by cveneruso - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Old 11-17-2012, 05:34 PM   #2271
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

yep, I can see that too. eta hippo's
Old 11-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #2272
Watercolor Wizard

I'm off to do some coloring, I'll be back tomorrow.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:01 PM   #2273
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cveneruso View Post
I'm off to do some coloring, I'll be back tomorrow.
'nite Chris. I finished my S.S. lesson, now I need to make two cards for those ladies who can't make it to S.S. anymore. I'll check in tomorrow afternoon.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:32 PM   #2274
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Hmmm - I think I didn't record some winners correctly and might need to fix that tomorrow.

I'm at the races this weekend so I won't be back until tomorrow evening, but I may have some adjustments to make - I'm so sorry!

Talk amongst yourselves!!

My Gallery |My Blog | My Store
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

Old 11-17-2012, 06:34 PM   #2275
Gallery Gazer

Tammie - you asked to see what I came up with for that strange color combo - so here it is - I haven't caught up with reading the thread so I'll go back to page 55 and catch up -
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Abby Wedding.jpg (166.5 KB, 36 views)
DTGD12, DTGD14, HYCCT12, HYCCT13, Love Fest 2013, Love Fest 2014
CAS and CC guest designer
Old 11-17-2012, 06:44 PM   #2276
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Oh, WOW!! Congratulations... So glad you had such an awesome day, even though you must be just worn out!
Old 11-17-2012, 06:45 PM   #2277
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Quote:
Tammie - you asked to see what I came up with for that strange color combo - so here it is - I haven't caught up with reading the thread so I'll go back to page 55 and catch up -
Breathtaking! WOW.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:51 PM   #2278
Gallery Gazer

Thanks, Brenda! I really struggled with the silver and ivory, but I really am pleased with it. Now to build a box - but that's for tomorrow!
Old 11-17-2012, 07:12 PM   #2279
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
That is absolutely stunning!! You did a great job!

I'm trying to catch up on today's chat. I spent a ridiculous portion of today watching Revenge with my DH! Decadent!! A lovely long walk at sunset with my two pups and then dinner out with our favorite friends. Oh, and a concert of gorgeous choral music in the middle of the afternoon -- our dd was in the choir. It was a wonderful day. And to finish up by reading what my SCS peeps have been doing is the icing on the cake.

Gail -- that card rack was a super find!!

Stacy -- sounds like your craft fair was a huge success. I have a friend who does a craft fair each year and she grosses about $100 --- you did great!

my gallery
Old 11-17-2012, 07:32 PM   #2280
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Beautiful!
QFTD52
FS318
HYCCT2013