Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 08:33 AM   #2161
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Send a message via Yahoo to LuvLee

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnetteMac View Post
Good morning all! I was planning to spend today in my crfat room catching up with all of you and finishing getting ready for my craft sale next wekend. That plan changed last night at 2 am. I awoke to a soft "hello" in my bedroom. It was my daughter! She came home from university for the weekend to surprise us. She had planned to come home last weekend but was unable to because of a snow storm. We were both disappointed but decided we'd have to wait until Christmas. I'm just waiting for her to wake up and then my day is all hers. I feel like a kid at Christmas!

Have fun today and I will check in later sometime.
Our DD is in her senior year of college and also moved out...so she rarely comes to visit us at home. We do see her since she's only an hour and a half away, but she hasn't been home in a year and a half! She's coming home for Thanksgiving this year and I'm also soooo excited!!!!! So I understand your joy!!!!

~ Proud Fan Club Member! ~
Gina K. Designs DT Coordinator
My Blog: My Reality...It's All Good!
Stamp TV!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-17-2012, 08:47 AM   #2162
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammie E View Post
I don't like fish either, Val. I live on the Oregon coast...and I don't eat fish! Our friends are used to it by now but they still offer just to rub it in. Hubby loves to fish...mostly salmon and steelhead. He also crabs and clams a lot. I don't mind going with him in the muck to dig clams (it's actually kind of fun and VERY good exercise), but forget about me helping to clean them or eat them. A girl has got to draw the line somewhere! LOL!
Funny you said that, I don't care for fish either, however I've been working for Seattle Fish here in Denver, the largest seafood distributor in the region for almost 12 yrs now, you'd think I could get used to fish? My DH sure does & my kids. I could get anything we want at employee discount but the only think I'll eat is crab claws & that's only if DH smokes them on the grill.
There's a great seafood distributor up in Oregon called Pacific Seafood Group, they are huge. Tell your hubby that.
QFTD52
FS318
HYCCT2013
Old 11-17-2012, 08:48 AM   #2163
Stazon Splitcoast

What a fun surprise! Hope you have a great day together. I took a pause in my cleaning to help my 10yo make a card. So fun to have time with our kiddos. We will have my newly married DD and SIL for Thanksgiving, but they'll be with his family for Christmas. My boys will be here for Thanksgiving too so I'm looking forward to it.

Stamping for my Sanity's Sake!

Romans 8:28-29
I finally have a blog! Click here to check it out.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #2164
Stazon Splitcoast

That's so exciting Lee, I hope you enjoy your visit with your DD. I totally wish I could spend time with my family. It's company policy that no one is allowed to take vacations in December as it's our busiest time of year, actually just started this past week. I've yet to see my family back home.
QFTD52
FS318
HYCCT2013
Old 11-17-2012, 08:56 AM   #2165
Stazon Splitcoast

Is Lydia going to torture us today? I would like to go to Joanns, I heard that their Spellbinders were on clearance like at $5.97 each plus the girls & I want to spend quality time together, hoping they don't fight. That's the hardest part when I'm shopping with them.
QFTD52
FS318
HYCCT2013
Old 11-17-2012, 09:04 AM   #2166

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamp300 View Post
Funny you said that, I don't care for fish either, however I've been working for Seattle Fish here in Denver, the largest seafood distributor in the region for almost 12 yrs now, you'd think I could get used to fish? My DH sure does & my kids. I could get anything we want at employee discount but the only think I'll eat is crab claws & that's only if DH smokes them on the grill.
There's a great seafood distributor up in Oregon called Pacific Seafood Group, they are huge. Tell your hubby that.
Bandon Pacific is here in Charleston (outskirts of Coos Bay...same zip code). My BIL has worked there forever and I'm pretty sure he's management. Could be affiliated with Pacific Seafood Group but I'm not sure.

I used to eat tuna (fresh canned is way better than anything you could buy in the store), but I don't really care for it either. My BIL marinates and grills tuna and every once in a while I will eat a small piece of that but only to make him happy. If it cools down it tastes fishy so hot off the grill is the best. Everyone tells me I don't know what I'm missing...so I remind them it just means it's more for them!
SCS Fan Club Member

Come join in the fun..."FROZEN" VSN!

Old 11-17-2012, 09:08 AM   #2167
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post
today was a very long day. ( hubs is still not home again yet. ) had to pick up and deliver employees at an out of town job site last night on and off and left the last round at 12:30 and was not home till 3:30 so we were up again at 6 and Im (this close) holds up fingers. to just flopping over. I want to badly to have an second wind to go make just a few more Christmas things for the booth but, that is not going to happen.

posted some ( flashed washed out ) mug shots of the booth on the blog just a bit ago if anyone's curious.

one more day, one more day ( good thing its once a year ) (this helps subsidize the cards I donate and the stamps that follow me home during the year )

and Congratulations to all of today's winners
<---- color me green over the spellbinders.
well I for one was curious. if your booth was close enough I'd be on the road right now. it's so inviting and your work is gorgeous. I'd buy a bagful.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #2168
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
Good morning. I'll be checking in a couple of times today to see what torture Lydia can come up with.

I have had time with a nutritionist, which gave me a good foundation for making food choices even as things got more complicated. I did a food journal for awhile, but my doctors didn't even look at it when I brought it to the office. The next time I see the kidney doc, early January after several tests, he will talk about "education, control, maintenance" etc. He might be more interested then. Yes, I've been tested for iron, protein, plus a gazillion other things.

Thanks to all who gave good tips about dealing with my issues.
my hubby has gout and I was quite surprised that his doctor told him that there were no dietary restrictions. when my father had gout he had restrictions but it was so long ago I couldn't remember much, I just remembered "nothing rich and no deadly night shades". So I did a little looking around and couldn't find anything restrictive but I did find a post that said that coffee was a good thing for it. so here I was trying to get him off half and half and coffee and the only thing I found told him to enjoy it.
I'm thinking you have a more severe case.
BTW the only nightshades I can remember are tomatoes and eggplant - try to keep an Italian away from them.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:26 AM   #2169
Matboard Maniac

Anyone working on crafts? If so what are you working on.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #2170

Heading to my LSS to meet up with a couple friends. Working on Christmas. You?
SCS Fan Club Member

Come join in the fun..."FROZEN" VSN!

Old 11-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #2171
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
Gail, thanks so much for the good info about how you sell cards. Friends often tell me I should sell mine, but (1) I'm not sure they're good enough, (2) I don't have time to make enough to sell, (3) I didn't know how much to charge. I've seen them in antique malls for $5.50 or more, but I wouldn't feel right charging anyone that much. Those $5.50 cards were similar to ones I make - nothing all that extra special about them. $3.50 or less sure sounds like a better prices. Your info was very helpful.
I think your cards are great and worth every penny of 3.50. If I ever set up a booth I plan to have a couple Hallmark cards on hand so people can be reminded of what they pay for blah, blah, blah cookie cutter, nothing original, cards. I bet Hallmark cards cost the same where ever you live and they are not cheap, unless you buy the budget ones.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #2172
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS Gallery Moderator
Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cveneruso View Post
BTW the only nightshades I can remember are tomatoes and eggplant - try to keep an Italian away from them.
Potato, too! Val's diet sounds very restrictive, I wouldn't be a happy camper at all. I'm another one not mad on fish,too. When I worked as a cook in the UK I'd have loved to travel up to Scotland and spend some time there, but most of the private cooking jobs up there were in fishing lodges, so I passed on that one.

Craftwise, right now I'm experimenting with Perfect Pearls and a mask - but I like better the second"reverse" background I made to use up all the excess pearls on the mask than the first one which was what I'd intended. Now I need a nice panda stamp to set in my bamboo forest!
SCS Photo Challenge #205 ~ Get Stuffed
Ways to Use It : Thursday Challenge ~ Ornamental Ornaments
Techniques ~ Monday is Technique Time; TLC5102: A Zip and a Dash
Old 11-17-2012, 09:35 AM   #2173
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegmac71 View Post
Wow, looks like everyone has fun plans today!
Stacy- love the display!
Maria- I only have one child but I had to start dying my hair at an early age. I would scare myself if I were to let it grow out in its natural state.
Scoots- I am sure the evening was awesome listening to that choir!
Jodylyn- You need to come join us over at the Christmas Card Challenge. I do five cards a month and in November I am ready to send out cards! No anxiety about getting cards done.
Tammie- I am not much of a fish lover. Cod and Salmon is about it. But I love shrimp, scallops and lobster. I used to help harvest oysters when I was younger but never could eat them, ick...
Today, I am helping my daughter get ready for the Marine Corp Ball tonight. She did not go to proms when she was in high school so today is a very special dress up kind of day. She is so nervous! lol.
Have a great Saturday everyone!
Oh a marine ball, I'd love to see all those handsome men in their dress uniforms. I hope she had a blast. and being nervous is kind of part of the fun.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:37 AM   #2174
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammie E View Post
Heading to my LSS to meet up with a couple friends. Working on Christmas. You?
I'm actually TRYING to work on some Christmas cards but still have the fuzzy brain going on so I may go take a nap.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:38 AM   #2175
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning everyone! I took the liberty of sleeping in a bit this a.m. I have a long list of chores and errands to tackle - gotta get the Thanksgiving cards to the PO, drop off an overdue birthday gift for a friend's daughter, find some new winter shoes, pick up wine for Thanksgiving dinner, and a few other things, I think! Plus clean the kitchen and bathroom and vacuum. Going to be a busy weekend, I think!

Creativity takes courage.
--Henri Matisse
Old 11-17-2012, 09:39 AM   #2176
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by superS View Post
Preparing for next week's Paper Tricks afternoon. 2 or 3 card projects, a 3-d project, and a kids' craft table. And next week's CAS challenge sample card.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:39 AM   #2177
Matboard Maniac

Craftwise, right now I'm experimenting with Perfect Pearls and a mask - but I like better the second"reverse" background I made to use up all the excess pearls on the mask than the first one which was what I'd intended. Now I need a nice panda stamp to set in my bamboo forest!
Old 11-17-2012, 09:39 AM   #2178
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I think your cards are great and worth every penny of 3.50. If I ever set up a booth I plan to have a couple Hallmark cards on hand so people can be reminded of what they pay for blah, blah, blah cookie cutter, nothing original, cards. I bet Hallmark cards cost the same where ever you live and they are not cheap, unless you buy the budget ones.
I totally agree. My DH won't even let me buy a Hallmark anyways & besides I love the homemade ones & people do too, it's more personal. I sell my cards from time to time at work, through vendors & some are made upon request. I sell them for about $3.50 depending on the layers & embellies. They don't seem to have a problem with that. My girlfriend has a gallery in the mountains of Evergreen, she always asks me every year to make a bunch of card packets for her gallery, but she always asks me at the wrong time during the winter. I'm a busy bee especially during the HYCCT.
QFTD52
FS318
HYCCT2013
Old 11-17-2012, 09:40 AM   #2179
Matboard Maniac

Sabrina - oops, messed that msg up.

Wow, this sounds like so much fun. I would luv to see it when your done!
Old 11-17-2012, 09:43 AM   #2180
Stazon Splitcoast

Chris, your daughter will enjoy the Marine Corp ball, my twin sister (okstamper) used to go every year. She always loved dressing up. Her husband just retired in March of this year after serving 33 years.
QFTD52
FS318
HYCCT2013
Old 11-17-2012, 09:47 AM   #2181
Stazon Splitcoast

As far as diet or no diet for gout, I think it depends on whether you go on the medication or not. Here is a link to a Mayo clinic article about it
As far as crafts: I'm going to be working on ornaments in a bit, but I need to get some cranberry chutney going as I want to use it on a pork loin for a church pot luck tomorrow and again on Thursday.

Stamping for my Sanity's Sake!

Romans 8:28-29
I finally have a blog! Click here to check it out.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:53 AM   #2182

Good Morning Peeps!!! Late night last night chatting on FB! I moved Raul into his room last night... now to use him, I'm SO afraid of scarring him!!!! lol Raul is my BSPro.... my pool boy!
Old 11-17-2012, 10:17 AM   #2183
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS Gallery Moderator

Quote:
Sabrina - oops, messed that msg up.

Wow, this sounds like so much fun. I would luv to see it when your done!
Too dark to try to take a halfway decent photo with all the Perfect Pearls now! And I won't be home before dark tomorrow either - we've been asked to do the music for an afternoon service. But I might be able to grab a photo of the two backgrounds, not made up into anything, tomorrow morning before we head out.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:19 AM   #2184
Watercolor Wizard

even with the explanation I still don't know what Raul is.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:26 AM   #2185

Quote:
my hubby has gout and I was quite surprised that his doctor told him that there were no dietary restrictions. when my father had gout he had restrictions but it was so long ago I couldn't remember much, I just remembered "nothing rich and no deadly night shades". So I did a little looking around and couldn't find anything restrictive but I did find a post that said that coffee was a good thing for it. so here I was trying to get him off half and half and coffee and the only thing I found told him to enjoy it.
I'm thinking you have a more severe case.
A lot depends on the Dr. but we usually tell the patient to try a little of whatever your worried about and if no symptoms, fine, just don't eat bunches of it....kinda like we do with diverticulosis now too...we've learned that some people do fine with certain thnigs and others have a terrible time with them....

QFTD38 and proud fan club member

Join us for Christmas Card Challenge 2013and All Occasion Card Challenge 2013
Y'all are cordially invited to a teaparty with the Sisterhood of the Traveling Teaparty.
resident lurker at the You Can Do It challenge
Old 11-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #2186
Stazon Splitcoast

I think Raul is Kelli's new big shot. Take him for a spin, Kelli - he's tough, he can handle it!!!

Creativity takes courage.
--Henri Matisse
Old 11-17-2012, 10:31 AM   #2187
Stazon Splitcoast

How funny, I never thought of naming my cutting tools. Hmmm...my Cuttlebug could be BUG i guess, but we call Kaitlyn that.
QFTD52
FS318
HYCCT2013
Old 11-17-2012, 10:41 AM   #2188

The winners list is growing-congrats to all-working a a baby card today-and then off to start my massive shopping for Thanksgiving dinner-14 people will be sharing dinner with us this year.

Splitcoaststampers Color Challenge DT Coordinator

My Blog
Old 11-17-2012, 10:50 AM   #2189
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS Gallery Moderator

Quote:
even with the explanation I still don't know what Raul is.
Not just a Big Shot but a Pro - I am envious!!
Old 11-17-2012, 11:13 AM   #2190
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksnurse View Post
A lot depends on the Dr. but we usually tell the patient to try a little of whatever your worried about and if no symptoms, fine, just don't eat bunches of it....kinda like we do with diverticulosis now too...we've learned that some people do fine with certain thnigs and others have a terrible time with them....
Funny, isn't it, I had several flares of diverticulitis when I was following the restrictions. I was so bad my doc sent me to the number one guy in the area because he thought I should be operated on. the specialist didn't want to do it and he said I could eat whatever I liked, just don't go overboard. I haven't had a flare up since then, maybe 5 or 6 years now. I do have to go for colonoscopies every 3 years but I'd rather suffer thru them than colon cancer.
I think the stress of following the restricted diet combined with the stress of work and life in general was way worse than a handful or strawberries or a sesame seed bun.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #2191
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Working on a card for the inspiration challenge, and thinking of painting some flowers on the lip of flowerpots (put goodies inside flowerpot) for holiday gifts
Old 11-17-2012, 11:26 AM   #2192
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook22 View Post
I wonder if that's the one Kim showed me, it was electric and took a full sheet of 8-1/2 x 11 paper. that one was really nice. I think that just may be my next big purchase.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:54 AM   #2193
Proud Fan Club Member

OK I just caught up after a few days away. And I 'm so disappointed not to see my name on the winners list yet. But oh well, that was not the real reason to do the cards in the first place as mentioned already by a few.
And I read a few comments about a retreat in Salado. Count me in on that! I love Salado.
And where is the original post about the booth that someone has. I always love to look at what people do for a craft fair. I would love to do one if I had enough time to make a worthwhile amount of cards etc to sell. But I do know that I probably have about 300 cards in my boxes like Dini. I do have a card rack as well. I need to find an outlet. Some day I will get around to doing that. Well I'm going to go stamp and clean up some and I'll check in later. Happy Saturday!
Old 11-17-2012, 11:58 AM   #2194
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvilbaum View Post
OK I just caught up after a few days away. And I 'm so disappointed not to see my name on the winners list yet. But oh well, that was not the real reason to do the cards in the first place as mentioned already by a few.
And I read a few comments about a retreat in Salado. Count me in on that! I love Salado.
And where is the original post about the booth that someone has. I always love to look at what people do for a craft fair. I would love to do one if I had enough time to make a worthwhile amount of cards etc to sell. But I do know that I probably have about 300 cards in my boxes like Dini. I do have a card rack as well. I need to find an outlet. Some day I will get around to doing that. Well I'm going to go stamp and clean up some and I'll check in later. Happy Saturday!
Maybe check Wimberley or Old Town Spring?

Gallery Blog

Relax, nothing is under control.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:14 PM   #2195
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvilbaum View Post
the post about the booth is probably only one or two pages back.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:29 PM   #2196

Quote:
I wonder if that's the one Kim showed me, it was electric and took a full sheet of 8-1/2 x 11 paper. that one was really nice. I think that just may be my next big purchase.
Nope! NOT electric I down graded in that area, but the Big Shot Pro is capable of using ALL DIES, thick thin long short.... ALL DIES... including the Grand Calibur. ONE MACHINE!!!! Chris you MUST get it....

Sizzix Big Shot Pro Machine Only (Periwinkle) w/Standard Accessories | Sizzix.com

I used a Tuesday coupon and got 40% off!!!!

I call him Raul cuz I will love and abuse him like a pool boy Chris!!!!
Old 11-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #2197

Quote:
EXACTLY... sheesh, glad Raul is upstairs now or he would be OFFENDED!!!!!
Old 11-17-2012, 12:43 PM   #2198
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS Gallery Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliJo View Post
If he's not electric than I really am envious - a basic manual model is what I would love! But I'd have to find space - not so easy. Even on the floor, LOL - it's already pretty taken up with other things. I was a big Spellbinders fan but why they made the Grand Calibur so it didn't take the high-profile dies is beyond me, they lost me after that.

Got to fly, have to practice some music for tomorrow so I'm going to shut the PC down. Have a great afternoon/evening over there.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:43 PM   #2199
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliJo View Post
looks good, but I want the one Kim has if I'm gonna get a new machine. I'm not sure if she's going to be selling them in the store or not.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:46 PM   #2200

Quote:
If he's not electric than I really am envious - a basic manual model is what I would love! But I'd have to find space - not so easy. Even on the floor, LOL - it's already pretty taken up with other things. I was a big Spellbinders fan but why they made the Grand Calibur so it didn't take the high-profile dies is beyond me, they lost me after that.

Got to fly, have to practice some music for tomorrow so I'm going to shut the PC down. Have a great afternoon/evening over there.
I am mailing my BS Express (electric) to a friend who is getting back into stamping!!!!

Later Toots!!!! Glad you are up and about!!!!!