Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 02:54 PM   #1001
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post
you know what the bad part about leaving love in the gallery is??

(you see all the million and one stamps you have not bought yet )

(it must be rough to be a gallery mod!)
So true Stacy! And all the punches and dies that you don't have ... yet!

Congrats to the latest winners.

I got 4 pages behind and have to go out tonight, so am just checking in. Back to the conversation about joining SCS, I joined because it was such a small amount for me to pay to support such a wonderful site. I'm here almost every day and get tons and tons of inspiration for cards here. It took me awhile to make friends, but I learned early on that this is a very friendly place.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-13-2012, 02:54 PM   #1002
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen Lammie View Post
Just a real quick congratulations to all the winners so far! I will be meeting my granddaughter for the first time tomorrow, so I have been cleaning and cleaning. Good luck to everyone, it sure has been fun!
I hope tomorrow is a very special and beautiful day, Kathleen!

Old 11-13-2012, 02:54 PM   #1003
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Rita, you don't have to be on-line to win...most of the numbers being given are for random numbers for the drawings! Just a fun way to have everybody participate and make it truly random!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootsv View Post
I am trying to understand this. I thought if you made the cards, you were eligible for the drawings and from what I am reading, you have to be on line in the forum to make guesses in order to win! Am I wrong? So many cannot stay on line all the time to do this.

As for the posts, I usually remark on the first 40 posts of a challenge. I feel badly for the people that have their cards 'favorited' and then there is NOT a post on their card. You would think if it was favorited, that person could at least write a comment on the card! When I make the card I favorited, I send the person a message that made my version of their card. - What about that word FAVORITED???
Old 11-13-2012, 02:55 PM   #1004
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

Send a message via Yahoo to LuvLee

Quote:
I am trying to understand this. I thought if you made the cards, you were eligible for the drawings and from what I am reading, you have to be on line in the forum to make guesses in order to win! Am I wrong? So many cannot stay on line all the time to do this.

As for the posts, I usually remark on the first 40 posts of a challenge. I feel badly for the people that have their cards 'favorited' and then there is NOT a post on their card. You would think if it was favorited, that person could at least write a comment on the card! When I make the card I favorited, I send the person a message that made my version of their card. - What about that word FAVORITED???
The guessing game is about numbers that Lydia uses to pick winners...not the winners themselves. The winners are kept updated in the very first post on this thread and will be notified via an e-mail by the company about their prize. You don't have to be online in order to win.

As for favoriting...to me that is a bigger honor than ever! I get soooo jazzed by a favorite! And I have so little time with everything I do that if I felt I was not allowed to favorite without leaving a comment I'd have very few favorites. I have always felt clicking on favorite was the ultimate compliment. But if everyone feels that it's mean to do I will just search galleries but not favorite any. I certainly never want to hurt anyone's feelings....I guess I just read into what a "favorite" really meant.

~ Proud Fan Club Member! ~
Gina K. Designs DT Coordinator
My Blog: My Reality...It's All Good!
Stamp TV!
Old 11-13-2012, 02:55 PM   #1005
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

I thought that was your sweet daughter!!! YAY!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dini View Post
EEeeeeeep!!!! She'll be so excited!!
Old 11-13-2012, 02:55 PM   #1006
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessaduck View Post
As vermin go, Cocoa is a cutie, and he's drawn in lots of clever images. For me, it's a personal/regional thing. Sit back. It's a long story.

I'm a University of Oregon alumna. tessaDUCK. In Oregon, there are Duck fans and Beaver Believers (from Oregon State University). Only in Oregon does a Civil War center around fowls and rodents.

JK. I'll support OSU anytime they're not playing the Ducks.
I'm not much of a sports fan but I find these rivalries fascinating.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:56 PM   #1007
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Quote:

the people who have been lucky enough to be online when Lydia ask's a question... are helping her pick the winners... the winners are not hanging in here all day. ( as far as I can see, and I've been home from work the last two days but, am hoping to go in tomorrow) which means its really time to try another nap.

did that make sense?
Old 11-13-2012, 02:56 PM   #1008
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm back, just waiting for dinner to get down before DH goes to work. I got my new SU stamps, been waiting for Bells & Boughs & the Blissful Bird even though the Boughs is older that's what I decided to use for my Christmas cards.
QFTD52
FS318
You Can Do It Challenge
HYCCT2013
Old 11-13-2012, 02:57 PM   #1009
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfinlay View Post
I thought that was your sweet daughter!!! YAY!!!!
Ohhh I'm so happy for that little sweetie!!!!

Stamp TV!
Old 11-13-2012, 02:57 PM   #1010
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

I'm always pleased when someone favorites my cards even if they don't leave a comment. I take it to mean that they might like to make one like it. I also try to notify anyone whose card I case.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #1011
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLee View Post
The guessing game is about numbers that Lydia uses to pick winners...not the winners themselves. The winners are kept updated in the very first post on this thread and will be notified via an e-mail by the company about their prize. You don't have to be online in order to win.

As for favoriting...to me that is a bigger honor than ever! I get soooo jazzed by a favorite! And I have so little time with everything I do that if I felt I was not allowed to favorite without leaving a comment I'd have very few favorites. I have always felt clicking on favorite was the ultimate compliment. But if everyone feels that it's mean to do I will just search galleries but not favorite any. I certainly never want to hurt anyone's feelings....I guess I just read into what a "favorite" really meant.
I'm honored to be one of the notifying team on the favorites thread. Have you checked it lately? In "General Stamping Talk". LOVE it. I get a second chance to see some real beauties, and I get to spread good news.

I'm also puzzled by folks who click on favorite, but don't leave comments. Eh. Their behavior, not my judgement.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #1012
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

ah a favorite is an ultimate compliment... they want a second peek.

no worries Lee. I think all of us just has to do what fits for our own version of love and call it good enough.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #1013
Stazon Splitcoast

I like the guessing game, it's more fun that way. I even made Lydia happy today. Congratulations to all the winners.
QFTD52
FS318
You Can Do It Challenge
HYCCT2013
Old 11-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #1014

Quote:
ah a favorite is an ultimate compliment... they want a second peek.

no worries Lee. I think all of us just has to do what fits for our own version of love and call it good enough.
SO want to click "like"!!!
Old 11-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #1015

Quote:

Favorite away, Lee...I get just as much of a kick out of seeing how many people favorite one of my projects as I do when I read the comments. It really is the ultimate compliment!
SCS Fan Club Member
Old 11-13-2012, 03:02 PM   #1016
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

No, Lee, just keep on what you're doing. I agree that a favorite is a special honor. I'm never offended if I get few or even no comments on a card. I might wonder why no one else thought it was a special as I did, but then I'm always surprised when I get more comments on cards that I'm not as satisfied with. Different tastes...
Old 11-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #1017
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

I also get to browse when I'm gallery modding! That is so fun!!!

Stamp TV!
Old 11-13-2012, 03:06 PM   #1018
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

For the most part, we are guessing to help Lydia choose the winners! She has the list of people who made cards and she sorts out based on some criteria like number of cards and then when we guess a number, she counts down the list. So we're sort of her random number selector. That's how's I understand it. It helps take the pressure off her. It's fun for people like me who have nothing better to do. No bad intention in that remark!

Old 11-13-2012, 03:06 PM   #1019
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

Stamp TV!
Old 11-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #1020

Quote:
SO SO SO want to click "like"!! That's my Terry cat a few years back...

Seriously, watch cats with thread. Ingesting it will kill.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:09 PM   #1021
Stazon Splitcoast

I get it now, when Lydia said I bet circleguru would be happy, that's when I picked Lucky 7. Silly me & here I'm thinking Lydia was the winner. Can we say DUH?
QFTD52
FS318
You Can Do It Challenge
HYCCT2013
Old 11-13-2012, 03:13 PM   #1022
Proud Fan Club Member

Holy cow! Just caught up on reading and now have to go teach a class. Good luck to all! I don't want to be left out of the guessing game, so Lydia, what ever your next question is I will guess 52. Enjoy your chat everyone and have a good evening.

My Gallery
Old 11-13-2012, 03:14 PM   #1023
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
As vermin go, Cocoa is a cutie, and he's drawn in lots of clever images. For me, it's a personal/regional thing. Sit back. It's a long story.

I'm a University of Oregon alumna. tessaDUCK. In Oregon, there are Duck fans and Beaver Believers (from Oregon State University). Only in Oregon does a Civil War center around fowls and rodents.

JK. I'll support OSU anytime they're not playing the Ducks.
Gotta be true to your school!
Old 11-13-2012, 03:17 PM   #1024

My Terry cat, sitting on the window ledge where I photograph cards. "What? You want me to move?"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg terry.jpg (49.8 KB, 13 views)
Old 11-13-2012, 03:18 PM   #1025

Send a message via MSN to ohmypaper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaxsix View Post
You can go into the HYCCT gallery and resort the cards by # of comments put in ascending order. That way, the cards with the least comments come up first and they can get some love!
When I was doing a lot less challenges and just putting cards into the main gallery I was so discouraged by never getting comments. I used to sort the main gallery this way and leave comments. There would be PAGES of cards with no comments at all on them.
I didn't realize we could do that. Awesome tool!
Old 11-13-2012, 03:19 PM   #1026
Matboard Maniac

I was thinking the same thing earlier as I was reading through the thread! I wish we had "like" button!!!!

Quote:
SO want to click on a "like" button...
Old 11-13-2012, 03:19 PM   #1027

Quote:
My Terry cat, sitting on the window ledge where I photograph cards. "What? You want me to move?"
Awwww!!! What a fabulous photo!!! I have trouble getting my black cat to turn out!!!
Old 11-13-2012, 03:20 PM   #1028

Quote:
SO SO SO want to click "like"!! That's my Terry cat a few years back...

Seriously, watch cats with thread. Ingesting it will kill.
Awwwwwwwwwwww! What a cute photo!!!!!!!!
Old 11-13-2012, 03:20 PM   #1029
VSN Coordinator
Dirty Spy Hostess

Quote:
Awwwwww!!!!!!

Stamp TV!
Old 11-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #1030

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmypaper! View Post
Awwww!!! What a fabulous photo!!! I have trouble getting my black cat to turn out!!!
Hey, Angie!!

I've seen some of your cat pics. They turn out just fine.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:30 PM   #1031
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

You're totally wrong

The drawing chooses from every single person who entered the challenges - I have a report with every user with anywhere from 1 - 70+ cards for our challenges. I draw from this.

People who entered ALL 35 of the challenges are ALSO eligible for our grand prizes.

My Gallery |My Blog | My Store
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

Old 11-13-2012, 03:31 PM   #1032

Quote:
I'm honored to be one of the notifying team on the favorites thread. Have you checked it lately? In "General Stamping Talk". LOVE it. I get a second chance to see some real beauties, and I get to spread good news.

I love these threads!!

Love Splitcoast?

Old 11-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #1033
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via AIM to Kushabella

Oh my word I try to keep up with the reading here and only end up hungry, feels like Pinterest.
Fan Club Member
Old 11-13-2012, 03:36 PM   #1034

HAHAH - I know, right?

Love Splitcoast?

Old 11-13-2012, 03:36 PM   #1035
Gallery Gazer

Look at that cat's back! He has a pattern of a cat on it!
And, congrats ladies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderstandBlue View Post
So taking Emily's guess of 9, 1, 2 and 12 I have the following winners!!

Soozie4Him
CndnStamper
doodlepop
nancyt

Old 11-13-2012, 03:37 PM   #1036

Who is ready for some Really Reasonable Ribbon??

grosgrain ribbon, printed grosgrain ribbon, craft ribbon, wholesale ribbon, organza, wedding ribbon

Love Splitcoast?

Old 11-13-2012, 03:37 PM   #1037
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Quote:
ooh what a beauty, my dogs know what I'm saying and what my camera does... so when its pointed in their direction they hardly maintain the pose
Old 11-13-2012, 03:41 PM   #1038

Quote:
ooh what a beauty, my dogs know what I'm saying and what my camera does... so when its pointed in their direction they hardly maintain the pose
That cat knows what I'm saying and what the camera does--- He just doesn't care. Cat arrogance!

Terry's fairly photogenic, though. On fb, I belong to a group called Quilting Cats. We quilters who are cat owned take pics of the kittehs on quilts. Terry's in there. Lots.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:41 PM   #1039
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via AIM to Kushabella

I'm a ribbon hoarder sad to say
Fan Club Member
Old 11-13-2012, 03:44 PM   #1040
Stampin' Fool

Congrats to all the winners that have been announced today and yesterday.