Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #881
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm so glad that my SU demonstrator told me about SCS years ago when I first started stamping, there's so many ideas & wonderful inspiration. I have a hard time trying to think of an idea so it doesn't hurt to look at the galleries. I am also a paid member because I do like the instant uploads & actually it's not a bad price either.
QFTD52
FS318
You Can Do It Challenge
HYCCT2013
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #882
Stazon Splitcoast

Did Lydia disappear again?
QFTD52
FS318
You Can Do It Challenge
HYCCT2013
Old 11-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #883
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamp300 View Post
I'm so glad that my SU demonstrator told me about SCS years ago when I first started stamping, there's so many ideas & wonderful inspiration. I have a hard time trying to think of an idea so it doesn't hurt to look at the galleries. I am also a paid member because I do like the instant uploads & actually it's not a bad price either.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #884
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturecoastcrafter View Post
Hi Emily, Welcome Back. Lydia and Lee are probably better with the answers on this but if you have your email notifications turned on in your profile (you access that by clicking on your username in the upper right of the page) and if when you uploaded a card, you changed the "want to be notified by email" to Yes (bottom right of the first upload page), you should get email notifications when someone makes a comment. You can also check your gallery ("My gallery") on the left side bar and looks to see if a card has comments. Does that help?
I knew I could get notifications if I checked the box during uploading but I never noticed anything in the left sidebar that let me know I had comments. What's there?
Old 11-13-2012, 12:32 PM   #885
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cveneruso View Post
I knew I could get notifications if I checked the box during uploading but I never noticed anything in the left sidebar that let me know I had comments. What's there?
No, I was just pointing out where the "My Gallery" link was located. Sorry about the confusion.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:37 PM   #886
Stazon Splitcoast

Chris, I just went and checked out your links from your signature. Wow, I'm glad I did. I didn't know all these fun things were out there. Cool!

Old 11-13-2012, 12:37 PM   #887
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Jean!
QFTD52
FS318
You Can Do It Challenge
HYCCT2013
Old 11-13-2012, 12:39 PM   #888
Stazon Splitcoast

Chris, there are lots of followers and uploaders on those challenges. They sound great!

Old 11-13-2012, 12:39 PM   #889
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator

Quote:
Hi Emily, Welcome Back. Lydia and Lee are probably better with the answers on this but if you have your email notifications turned on in your profile (you access that by clicking on your username in the upper right of the page) and if when you uploaded a card, you changed the "want to be notified by email" to Yes (bottom right of the first upload page), you should get email notifications when someone makes a comment. You can also check your gallery ("My gallery") on the left side bar and looks to see if a card has comments. Does that help?
And if you forgot to do this, on any card in your own (or any gallery, come to that) you can click on Receive email updates - it's down at the bottom under the write-up area, just above the thumbs showing more pictures from that gallery.

Sorry, I know I'm only hopping in and out on the thread. Home from work, bed, dinner, start a card and back to bed. Is it really only Tuesday? And problems with my PC connecting online along the way . Congratulations to all the lucky winners so far!!
Old 11-13-2012, 12:40 PM   #890
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
I don't think this is necessarily true, and I'm so sorry you have somehow gotten that impression. I don't pay to be a part of a group. To be quite honest, I'm a little self-centered in that regard. I pay so that I can get instant uploads, without waiting for moderator approval. I don't think I belong to a large group. I do participate in challenges now and again and I more often than not enjoy the VSN challenges and I have made many online friends through those two things, but I certainly hope we have not made anyone feel excluded in any way. That is not what our community is about. And what is nice is that you certainly can browse the galleries without feeling that you need to comment and that is a good thing.
Ditto, I became a fan when I hardly had any time to upload and Sunday was a day that I had more time on my hands.
It wasn't until I started chatting on the forums that I made any friends. People talk to anyone and everyone in the forums, mostly depends on what's being said.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:40 PM   #891
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaxsix View Post
You can go into the HYCCT gallery and resort the cards by # of comments put in ascending order. That way, the cards with the least comments come up first and they can get some love!
When I was doing a lot less challenges and just putting cards into the main gallery I was so discouraged by never getting comments. I used to sort the main gallery this way and leave comments. There would be PAGES of cards with no comments at all on them.
thats a way I do it too... there is just so many uploads its overwhelming some days. but, for something like VSN I hit all the cards with little to no love.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:41 PM   #892

Just my humble opinion here but if you play along in the daily challenges people get to know your work. If you just upload cards they dont get seen as much. But when they are in a gallery like the color challenge for instance all the players of that challenge see your card.
I joined the fan club so I could have access to that section of SCS as well as to be able to upload on Sundays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse11349 View Post
The paying members on SCS obviously tend to get more comments as they are part of a large group that has a very good following and have been friends for a long time. I don't tend to feel hurt if I don't get the same attention with comments on my cards as my name is not that well known and many others are the same. As long as the newcomers to the site are aware then they would understand. I just love posting cards to see any reaction and love the opportunity to share. Love this program of sharing cards with people diagnosed with Cancer. Thanks....

Splitcoaststampers Color Challenge DT Coordinator

My Blog
Old 11-13-2012, 12:41 PM   #893
Stazon Splitcoast

Gosh, I'm getting tips without asking, that's GREAT! Thanks.
QFTD52
FS318
You Can Do It Challenge
HYCCT2013
Old 11-13-2012, 12:42 PM   #894
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS Gallery Moderator

Quote:
I had stuff at my parent's house till after they both had passed away and the house was sold. that was more than 30 years after I moved out.
My mother said I was the only one {of 5} who took all my stuff with me when I left. I think she finally got rid of everything belonging to everyone else, but only after a second house move! Sorry, round brackets not working properly. I think the keyboard needs cleaning.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:44 PM   #895
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Chris, I just went and checked out your links from your signature. Wow, I'm glad I did. I didn't know all these fun things were out there. Cool!
At Pile It On there's tons of links to challenges
Old 11-13-2012, 12:44 PM   #896
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryR917 View Post
Just my humble opinion here but if you play along in the daily challenges people get to know your work. If you just upload cards they dont get seen as much. But when they are in a gallery like the color challenge for instance all the players of that challenge see your card.
I joined the fan club so I could have access to that section of SCS as well as to be able to upload on Sundays.
Very important. Forgot about those. Thanks.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:45 PM   #897
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
I'm with you, Connie. I became a Fan Club member last year during HYCCT so I wouldn't have to wait for moderator approval (not that it usually took very long). I love how everyone is always so willing to share ideas and look forward to the inpiration I find on SCS...it really is a wonderful place to hang out!
SCS Fan Club Member
Old 11-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #898
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
At Pile It On there's tons of links to challenges
Checked it out. That's a different kind of challenge. Usually challenge blogs say "link to no more than ______challenges." This one follows the more is better theory.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:49 PM   #899
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryR917 View Post
I agree - our challenges get the most activity and I love the camaraderie!

Like here! I'm always sad when this ends. That's why I torture you

My Gallery |My Blog | My Store
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

Old 11-13-2012, 12:51 PM   #900

Quote:
Did Lydia disappear again?

Sorry - I'm trying to work on the newsletter at the same time. Time flies. I'm back

Oh and wait till you see the newsletter for tomorrow BTW

Love Splitcoast?

Old 11-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #901
Stazon Splitcoast

You're good at torture that's for sure Lydia. I'm fixing to leave, but will be home about 1.5hrs to get back on, are you drawing tonight too?
QFTD52
FS318
You Can Do It Challenge
HYCCT2013
Old 11-13-2012, 12:53 PM   #902
Die Cut Diva

perhaps we should guess the number of articles, or guess the number of supplies for the next tutorial? You know, in case you need us suggesting numbers to you for no particular reason...
Old 11-13-2012, 12:54 PM   #903
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Quote:
Ditto, I became a fan when I hardly had any time to upload and Sunday was a day that I had more time on my hands.
It wasn't until I started chatting on the forums that I made any friends. People talk to anyone and everyone in the forums , mostly depends on what's being said.
that is very true, and you will see more people talk back to you if you offer up your own two cents every so often.

or join one of the user groups.

I am a fan club member but, for me it was just a simple way to support the site when I first started it. (I am guilty of not always remembering to check the special gallery ) and I've also gotten really lazy about caring what day of the week it is ( gallery mod's have Sunday as their day off) and so, to me I've just kept up the membership because of it, I am guessing they all do one legged grape-stomper stuff on mondays... and I try really hard not to upload on mondays.

but, I think getting comments on your cards has nothing to do with being a fan club member. its what I have noticed is... there are some people who work on some kind of pay it back system. if you leave a comment for them within a day or two you will have one back from them...
and if you upload something for a challenge. ( the one I try really hard to do each week is featured stamper) you will received a lot of love from something like that. ( because more people see it)
Old 11-13-2012, 12:54 PM   #904
neglecting the kids and housework

Hey winner winners!

Congrats to all the winners.
SOrry my life took a turn for the busy and I poofed from the challenges and chatting. But this popped up on the new threads listing and I wanted to say hi and congrats!
Old 11-13-2012, 12:55 PM   #905

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makalah View Post
perhaps we should guess the number of articles, or guess the number of supplies for the next tutorial? You know, in case you need us suggesting numbers to you for no particular reason...

Oh I like this - how about the number of supplies listed for the next tutorial?

Love Splitcoast?

Old 11-13-2012, 12:57 PM   #906

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook22 View Post
And if you forgot to do this, on any card in your own (or any gallery, come to that) you can click on Receive email updates - it's down at the bottom under the write-up area, just above the thumbs showing more pictures from that gallery.

Sorry, I know I'm only hopping in and out on the thread. Home from work, bed, dinner, start a card and back to bed. Is it really only Tuesday? And problems with my PC connecting online along the way . Congratulations to all the lucky winners so far!!
Sabrina, I thought if you forgot to click the button during the upload process it was too late. If I click on "receive email updates" it will email every time someone comments on a project in my gallery...or all galleries?
SCS Fan Club Member
Old 11-13-2012, 12:58 PM   #907
Rubber Obsessor

I am guessing 7.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:58 PM   #908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammie E View Post
Sabrina, I thought if you forgot to click the button during the upload process it was too late. If I click on "receive email updates" it will email every time someone comments on a project in my gallery...or all galleries?

No - it will just give you updates on that card.

If you SUBSCRIBE to a gallery or all galleries you will be notified every time someone uploads, but that's in a different place.

Love Splitcoast?

Old 11-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily H View Post
I am guessing 7.

Hi Emily!!

Love Splitcoast?

Old 11-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #910
Duchess of CBCs

I'll go with 8 Lydia
Old 11-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #911
neglecting the kids and housework

oh number guesses? ok 9

now I'm off to the school.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:02 PM   #912
Proud Fan Club Member

I worked today (counting down to the end of the month when I retire) and waded through eight pages of additional chat from last night. Congrats to all the winners picked today! I'll guess 5 supplies for the next tutorial.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:02 PM   #913
Pearl-ExPert

I will guess 6.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:05 PM   #914
Hardware Hotshot

I'll guess 5

my gallery
Old 11-13-2012, 01:06 PM   #915
Stazon Splitcoast

I'll guess 4 then I'm on the road for an hour. Good luck ladies.
QFTD52
FS318
You Can Do It Challenge
HYCCT2013
Old 11-13-2012, 01:07 PM   #916

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderstandBlue View Post
No - it will just give you updates on that card.

If you SUBSCRIBE to a gallery or all galleries you will be notified every time someone uploads, but that's in a different place.
Ahhh...very cool! I didn't know you could do that! I love learning new things!
SCS Fan Club Member
Old 11-13-2012, 01:08 PM   #917

Okay - so based on your numbers, here are our winners!!!

Starbucks_stamper
Kokirose
Philsmom
Etsdas.

Love Splitcoast?

Old 11-13-2012, 01:08 PM   #918
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderstandBlue View Post
Hi Emily!!
Hi! Did I get it right?
Old 11-13-2012, 01:08 PM   #919
Duchess of CBCs

Safe travels Connie
Old 11-13-2012, 01:09 PM   #920
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS Gallery Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammie E View Post

What Lydia said, if you click on that Receive email updates link it's for that card only.
And if you want to check whether you've subscribed or not, when you're anywhere in the gallery, in the box on the left click on Profile. That brings up a new page and you can see all the cards you're subscribed to for notification. Just hit the End key to get right down to the bottom of the page if you want to see whether you remembered to subscribe for the last card you uploaded .

I'm out - it's a bit early for pumpkin time but I'm already in bed and since I've just finished my gallery mod shift I'm shutting down. I'll catch the chat in the morning - have fun over there.