Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 10:06 AM   #6241
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via MSN to ohmypaper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn47 View Post
My Rubber Cafe prize arrived today! Super fast shipping - I just placed the order on Friday! My Spellbinders prize also came today (and there were no bills or junk mail in my mailbox) - happy, happy mail day!

Thank you Rubber Cafe and Spellbinders for supporting HYCCT! You rock!
oooh!!! Ahhhh!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #6242

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Y View Post
Haven't yet heard from them either.
Was just checking on here to see if anyone had heard. I am fine with it since no one else has either! Just don't want to accidentally delete an email!!! This time of year.....kind of crazy....was hoping I hadn't accidentally hit the delete button!
Old 12-19-2012, 10:52 AM   #6243
Swapper of the Month - September 2013

With 30% off, that sounds like a great price. But what does it cut that a Cuttlebug doesn't? I've never considered getting a Big Shot but eventually my little green bug will wear out, though I've had it since it first came out and all I've replaced were the thin plates. Snapped one when I used an incorrect sandwich. Been thinking of getting the extended parts. I don't have too many long dies though so it seems like an extravagance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post
I have a cuttlebug and a grand caliber and so I was thinking this would be nice to have one that cuts everything.. but, they have this package deal that's cheaper than just a machine but, I dont know if its missing parts to be played with?

Sizzix.com - Sizzix.com Big Shot Pro Value Pack w/Bigz Pro & ScoreBoards XL Dies

if anyone else is considering this they sent me an email this morning that your whole order is 30% off... code is SZ1219WS through Dec 25th.

KelliJo is this the pieces that are missing?
Sizzix.com - Sizzix Big Shot Pro Accessory - Solo Platform, Shim & Wafer Thin Die Adapter
Old 12-19-2012, 12:26 PM   #6244
Forum Fanatic

Default Faber Casetell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zehra View Post
has anyone being contacted by Faber Castell, i know i have not received any info from them.
Glad I checked this thread before "bugging" Lydia! I have not been contacted by Faber Castell either. I was a little concerned because there was a change to my email spam filter recently. Hoping their email didn't disappear into Spam-land!!

My Gallery
and My Blog
DT Member of Jellypark, Meljens Designs , Create With TLC and Guest DT Bugaboo Stamps
Old 12-19-2012, 12:42 PM   #6245

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinAK View Post
Glad I checked this thread before "bugging" Lydia! I have not been contacted by Faber Castell either. I was a little concerned because there was a change to my email spam filter recently. Hoping their email didn't disappear into Spam-land!!
this thread has been wonderful for so many reasons...but this is an added benefit to get to see who has heard without bugging anyone!

I sure know what you mean about being nervous about the email disappearing into spam land...or somewhere else. I was worried I had hit delete...cuz my brain is a bit woozy from all this hurrying scurrying Happy Holiday stuff!!!
Old 12-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #6246
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I received my happy Mail from Lori Craig today with some spellbinders dies... I just wanted to say thank you again to Lori and Spellbinders for donating this year... Spellbinders are awesome... I'm sorry for everyone that is still waiting for their e-mails from other companies.. I hope you hear something very soon. Happy Holidays to everyone
Old 12-19-2012, 02:36 PM   #6247

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjen View Post
With 30% off, that sounds like a great price. But what does it cut that a Cuttlebug doesn't? I've never considered getting a Big Shot but eventually my little green bug will wear out, though I've had it since it first came out and all I've replaced were the thin plates. Snapped one when I used an incorrect sandwich. Been thinking of getting the extended parts. I don't have too many long dies though so it seems like an extravagance.
It can be your ONE MACHINE, Machine... it takes the Grand Calibur, TH Dies, Sizzix Dies, thin dies (spellbinders, dienamics etc...) it takes up to a 12x12 piece of paper. It will take the embossing folders etc... there's nuttin this guy can't handle!!!!
Old 12-19-2012, 05:00 PM   #6248
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

the reason's KelliJo mentioned are why I am considering it... catcrazy ( Janice) is already on her second 'bug... and as much as I use mine I suspect i will kill it one of these days, Ive had the handle come off twice now but luckily hubs had the metric tool to get it back on. ( its not a regular screw) that and the idea of being able to put a big sheet of paper in it and fill it with dies sounds like a lot less cranking to me too.
my cuttlebug does not like those XL sizzix dies or the 5X7 sized embossing folders very well so I got a grand caliber. ( its nice... but it only cuts skinny nesties type dies...) so, since I have quite a few sizzix steel ruled ones I think it would take up less space in my room to have just one machine.
I could take my bug to work for granting wishes and such and get rid of the caliber. ( I think Ive used it maybe 6 times in the year or two Ive had it so it would not be a huge loss. I looked at the big shots but, I think that sizzix makes dies that are so big they do not fit in the regular big shot they need the pro machine. so, its tempting... I emailed hubs the link and the coupon code...
Old 12-19-2012, 08:59 PM   #6249
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh my I am tired! I've made three batches of cookies, a pan of fudge and a batch of mini banana bread loaves this week. I am almost done with a batch of peanut butter balls and then my holiday baking is done! I really wanted to do it this year, but forgot how much work it is! Two more days of work and I am on vacation for a week and headed to see my family! I can't wait.

If I don't get a chance to stop in again before Christmas, I hope you all have a wonderful holiday. I'll be back in the New Year, hopefully with some projects to share with my prize winnings!

Creativity takes courage.
--Henri Matisse
Old 12-19-2012, 10:11 PM   #6250

Quote:
the reason's KelliJo mentioned are why I am considering it... catcrazy ( Janice) is already on her second 'bug... and as much as I use mine I suspect i will kill it one of these days, Ive had the handle come off twice now but luckily hubs had the metric tool to get it back on. ( its not a regular screw) that and the idea of being able to put a big sheet of paper in it and fill it with dies sounds like a lot less cranking to me too.
my cuttlebug does not like those XL sizzix dies or the 5X7 sized embossing folders very well so I got a grand caliber. ( its nice... but it only cuts skinny nesties type dies...) so, since I have quite a few sizzix steel ruled ones I think it would take up less space in my room to have just one machine.
I could take my bug to work for granting wishes and such and get rid of the caliber. ( I think Ive used it maybe 6 times in the year or two Ive had it so it would not be a huge loss. I looked at the big shots but, I think that sizzix makes dies that are so big they do not fit in the regular big shot they need the pro machine. so, its tempting... I emailed hubs the link and the coupon code...
HOLY WOW!!! Does it take like 50 billion handle cranks on the Grand Calibur to get that sucker to move an inch or what??? I HATE that bugger!!!! I was using it the other day as I didn't have the extra shim thingie yet... UGH! lol
Old 12-19-2012, 10:13 PM   #6251

OK so for those of you on Facebook and play Song Pop... come friend me... my son got me started on that darn game, now I'm addicted and he REFUSES to play me... I gotta remember... slow and steady, lull them into false sense of security and THEN whoop that arse!!! THIS is why I would be the first voted off the Island!!!!!
Old 12-20-2012, 04:53 AM   #6252

OK, got it. Just wondering cuz I haven't met anything that my 'bug hasn't been able to handle. But I don't have any Bigz XL dies and haven't tried the 5x7 EF but that's strange since Provo Craft makes them. Unless I get a wild hare, I'll just stick to my 'bug until it croaks but then it will be an EMERGENCY because how could I go a day without it and I'll have to pay full price .

I bought mine when it first came out, BC (before children). Gosh, the Provo Craft retail store had them for $70 and I had a 50% off coupon. Best $35 I ever spent and I've definitely gotten my money's worth. I probably don't use mine with as much frequency as a lot of people, craft time is at a premium here but when I craft, I almost always use it for something.

Quote:
Old 12-20-2012, 04:55 AM   #6253

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliJo View Post
OK so for those of you on Facebook and play Song Pop... come friend me... my son got me started on that darn game, now I'm addicted and he REFUSES to play me... I gotta remember... slow and steady, lull them into false sense of security and THEN whoop that arse!!! THIS is why I would be the first voted off the Island!!!!!
You aren't exactly selling yourself as someone one should knowingly compete with!
Old 12-20-2012, 06:43 AM   #6254
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

lol at KelliJo.. nope, Im immune to games... ( I used to have like 4 kinds of farms..)

<---- only turns on facebook when forced to.

Jen, yes I got my bug when they were brand spakin new too, I taught stamping classes in one stamp store and the competition scrap store had the machines ( and they did not take coupons) so I earned mine... took my teaching money across town and plunked on the bug.
but, I have the extended pads for the bug and that does help if you ever have an issue with the big folders or the border type dies. ( some of the dies hang off the ends of the regular pads even if you go catty corner with them)
Old 12-20-2012, 07:58 AM   #6255

Quote:
You aren't exactly selling yourself as someone one should knowingly compete with!
LOL
Old 12-20-2012, 08:00 AM   #6256

Quote:
I finally weaned myself off all fb games. Well...card making actually weaned me or I would still be playing! You crack me up and then "superjen's" response had me rolling!
Old 12-20-2012, 08:41 AM   #6257

LMAO! I TOTALLY had to cold turkey my farm... I was setting my alarm to go and harvest crops!!!

I have SUCH an easily addicted personality! LOL Thus my stamp collection... I am SO much better than I USED to be!!!!!
Old 12-20-2012, 11:43 AM   #6258
Proud Fan Club Member

Whoooo Hooooo!!! Finally heard from Copics! Placing my order soon. So much to look at and I must choose "wisely"!!!!!!!!
Mary ~~ Proud Fan Club Member ~~ QFTD #152
CC Guest Design Team Member for October 2012 & August 2013 2014 CAS Spring Design Team Member Brand Spankin' New SU Consultuant "You're never fully dressed without a smile" - Annie
Old 12-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #6259

Quote:
lol at KelliJo.. nope, Im immune to games... ( I used to have like 4 kinds of farms..)

<---- only turns on facebook when forced to.

Jen, yes I got my bug when they were brand spakin new too, I taught stamping classes in one stamp store and the competition scrap store had the machines ( and they did not take coupons) so I earned mine... took my teaching money across town and plunked on the bug.
but, I have the extended pads for the bug and that does help if you ever have an issue with the big folders or the border type dies. ( some of the dies hang off the ends of the regular pads even if you go catty corner with them)
You obviously knew just how useful it would be. I had no clue and $35 seemed like a lot of money even if it was a good sale price. I had no idea it would turn out to be so useful. I really dithered about the purchase!

I heard from Copic today!!! I haven't pre-shopped but will try to stay up after the kids go to bed to do it. If not, the weekend.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:23 PM   #6260
Forum Fanatic

I am about two pages behind but I had a thought today. With all these ladies worrying about their emails going into junk mail and missing them - why can't the messages be posted in the SCS messages as a private message. That way no worrying about the regular email.

I just found my spellbinders message in a Junk Mail folder that I did not know I had. I got a new computer a year ago and my local provider has their own junk mail program and pulls out 99% of the junk mail before it ever gets to our computer. I have been checking that every day. I never saw this folder until today!

Thanks to all the sponsors and I hope all are enjoying their goodies!

CCC, MMTPT, QFTD156, Cards for a Cause, Fan Club Member

Rita/scootsv
Old 12-20-2012, 04:55 PM   #6261
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Hi Rita! Merry Christmas!

I'm so glad you have some awesome goodies coming and that all you had to do is peek in your junk mail!

The reason we were so clear about being sure your email was on file from the beginning of the event is that the companies that were so, so generous with their prizes for this awesome cause are large manufacturers for the most part, with marketing and promotion departments that handle the sponsorships. We wouldn't want to inconvenience them and make prize distribution harder by having them sign up for a Splitcoast account just so that they could send someone a PM.

Prize distribution is a logistical miracle, as you can imagine, so we try to streamline it as much as possible for each of our partners, and hope that it's not too much trouble for you to peek in your spam folder

I hope you have a fun holiday playing with those new dies! Where's my "green with envy" smilie from Lee??

My Gallery |My Blog | My Store
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

Old 12-20-2012, 05:29 PM   #6262
Forum Fanatic

Hi Lydia, First - THANKS for all you do for us!

I hope like I did not sound like I was complaining as I was NOT!. I just thought, reading how so many are so worried about missing their email like I did - I just thought that would be easier to use SCS messaging!

I really appreciate what all the sponsors did for us!

Tomorrow I hope to get to play with my Penny Black goodies. I do not know how to post a photo to this forum unless I download it to my gallery first and I am not sure if I should do that to show what my goodies are! - I thought at one point, it was mentioned to put a photo of your goodies in the thread and post what you made with them, but I cannot find a thread for that.

Happy Holidays to all.

Rita/scootsv
Old 12-20-2012, 05:34 PM   #6263
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Um - okay for a second I thought I was crazy - I couldn't find it either!! LOL. But I found it and stuck it and I'd love to see what you make! I <3 Penny Black!

You can absolutely put it in your gallery and post a link in that thread - I wanna see!

I think there are a few people who haven't gotten their emails yet - so I've contacted the companies again - I think I got everyone!!

Hugs!

My Gallery |My Blog | My Store
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

Old 12-20-2012, 05:35 PM   #6264
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Someone moved it, its not on page 3 anymore its a sticky one now that thread..... here's a link to it...

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...s-t565062.html
Old 12-20-2012, 05:35 PM   #6265
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

I have an gmail account and it has a spam folder and I do see a number show up next to spam if there is some but... if there is hidden spam folders
( I don't know how to un-hide them)
Old 12-20-2012, 05:36 PM   #6266
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

duplicate post... sites wonky for me right now. gonna try again later after dinner

Last edited by JBgreendawn; 12-20-2012 at 06:03 PM..
Old 12-20-2012, 05:52 PM   #6267
Forum Fanatic

Thanks Lydia and Stacy for getting me on the right track for the projects. Dum dum me never looked past the beginning links. I never thought it would be in between the challenges! Sorry for the bother and again thanks.

Rita/scootsv
Old 12-20-2012, 08:21 PM   #6268
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I guess pretty good on Classic Rock & Love Songs, today's music is rough.
QFTD52
FS318
You Can Do It Challenge
HYCCT2013
Old 12-21-2012, 02:52 AM   #6269
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

While we're talking, I have a question for Lydia...

I've noticed on DTGD and here on HYCCT forums, that the posts with activity are always on the BOTTOM of the heap instead of the TOP like all the other forums. Why is it that way???
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:57 AM   #6270
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderstandBlue View Post

I think there are a few people who haven't gotten their emails yet - so I've contacted the companies again - I think I got everyone!!

Hugs!
You are a dear and a super hero for all you do for coordinating everything with the sponsors, and taking such good care of us.

I'm still watching for an email from Stampin' Bella, but haven't seen anyone else say that they've heard either. ::trying to be patient!::
Old 12-21-2012, 06:47 PM   #6271
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownmom View Post
One of the prizes I chose from The Rubber Cafe was the Spellbinders A2 Polka Dot dies. Here's the card I made today for several challenges -- the Color (no color) Challenge and two of the Fan Club challenges.

Attachment 264114
WOW!!!! what a beauty!
Old 12-21-2012, 06:55 PM   #6272
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodylb View Post
I have a friend I call Martha, Jr. I swear I wanted us to marry her so there would be someone around to do all that fancy stuff! It's a sure bet I'm not going to!!!
I used to ike to see what "the heifer" did but one thing I noticed was that there were lots of things that she had like 20 steps to do, when you could make pretty much the same thing in 4 or 5 steps. when I was a kid, in the way back machine, like 1960's. I would read all my mother's magazines. A lot of Ms. Stewart's projects were things that were done in Redbook and Ladies Home Journal etc, etc, many years ago. AND if you were reading MS's mag from the git go, you'd have seen lots of stuff from her early issues have been done over. When I moved a couple years ago I finally threw out my old issues, but not before looking thru most of them - the stuff just gets done over and over.
Everything old is new again.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:12 PM   #6273
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderstandBlue View Post
Hi Rita! Merry Christmas!

I'm so glad you have some awesome goodies coming and that all you had to do is peek in your junk mail!

The reason we were so clear about being sure your email was on file from the beginning of the event is that the companies that were so, so generous with their prizes for this awesome cause are large manufacturers for the most part, with marketing and promotion departments that handle the sponsorships. We wouldn't want to inconvenience them and make prize distribution harder by having them sign up for a Splitcoast account just so that they could send someone a PM.

Prize distribution is a logistical miracle, as you can imagine, so we try to streamline it as much as possible for each of our partners, and hope that it's not too much trouble for you to peek in your spam folder

I hope you have a fun holiday playing with those new dies! Where's my "green with envy" smilie from Lee??
Where's Lee? I saw a card on some challenge blog with a pink penguin on it and I loved it. I clicked on it to go to the the maker's blog. I didn't know it was hers till I saw her pic on the blog but the card wasn't posted there. so I looked her for her but after going back about 8 pages I gave up looking for her. where the heck has she been?
Old 12-21-2012, 08:55 PM   #6274
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cveneruso View Post
Everything old is new again.
Boy I wish that applied to me as well! I could go for some new!
DTGD12, HYCCT12, HYCCT13, Love Fest 2013
Old 12-21-2012, 09:03 PM   #6275

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodylb View Post
Boy I wish that applied to me as well! I could go for some new!
BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! SING it Sistah!!!!
Old 12-21-2012, 09:04 PM   #6276

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamp300 View Post
I guess pretty good on Classic Rock & Love Songs, today's music is rough.
I am an 80's ROCKSTAR!!!! I whooped my son though at Modern Rap... Bahahahahaha!!! I have NO idea how... Unless it was Kanye, I do NOT like that male! UGH!
Old 12-22-2012, 07:02 AM   #6277
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cveneruso View Post
Where's Lee? I saw a card on some challenge blog with a pink penguin on it and I loved it. I clicked on it to go to the the maker's blog. I didn't know it was hers till I saw her pic on the blog but the card wasn't posted there. so I looked her for her but after going back about 8 pages I gave up looking for her. where the heck has she been?
VSN was last weekend...
I think that is finishing up this weekend with the hostess favorites gallery getting put together.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:26 AM   #6278
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

ROFL!!!!

my gallery
Old 12-22-2012, 11:36 AM   #6279
Watercolor Wizard

YIPPEE! I finally got that long-awaited email from Stampin' Bella for my prize. I have my shopping list made out and will probably submit it Sunday afternoon.

Other Stampin' Bella winner - look in your spam folders if you didn't see an email from them.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:35 PM   #6280
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

I did a dumb thing... last Sunday after I got the rest of the VSN cards done... I started re-arranging my space upstairs. ( its still a disaster) I had no clue how much stuff I have. I think I need to take a break, clean off the table and make something... or do some of the things I forgot to do before I made the mess