Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #5961
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaxsix View Post
Well, I didn't make it, but Lois did! Congrats to clownmom, Lee-Anne/Shadow's Mom, janellelarson, and va.sunshine.
Oh, Gail, I'm sorry! I know you must be disappointed, and I was really looking forward to "knowing someone in high places" but the two entries of yours that I have seen are terrific, regardless (I saw your entry for round two, I think, on another thread)! And I will add my congratulations to yours to the new team members -
DTGD12, HYCCT12, HYCCT13, Love Fest 2013
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-05-2012, 07:37 PM   #5962
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmypaper! View Post
You all wanna see what goes on at my house while I am waiting to hear about my prize?

She's in my cardboard light box! She's already jumped in from the top and bent part of it and scratched the tissue paper wall!

Attachment 263310
She's gorgeous! And a toot to match her looks, sounds like...
Old 12-05-2012, 07:37 PM   #5963
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH in VA View Post
Vicki, I'm sorry to hear this. My older son is a high school junior considering a major in music education. He has his top college choice picked out already. To be honest, I'm not sure if he or I will be more upset if he isn't accepted there.

Is she able to apply to any other schools? Is she looking in state or out of state?

Pat -- she's mainly looking in state. And she has already applied to 6 other schools and adding at least another. I wish she wanted to be an English major.... music is way too subjective for me.

my gallery
Old 12-05-2012, 07:40 PM   #5964
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdoyle8 View Post
Pat -- she's mainly looking in state. And she has already applied to 6 other schools and adding at least another. I wish she wanted to be an English major.... music is way too subjective for me.
\

I apologize if I called you by the wrong name and should have called you Patricia --- I have trouble keeping everyone straight!

my gallery
Old 12-05-2012, 07:55 PM   #5965
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Send a message via MSN to ohmypaper!

Quote:
my dd is a senior in high school --- she got denied into her first choice music school last night and is devastated. Of course, my heart is broken for her. Our children's hurts are so much more painful than our own. We could use a prayer today...
I am so sorry! I sure will say a prayer! Impossible not to feel their pain most times!!! Will be praying for an unexpected door to open someplace!!!
Old 12-05-2012, 07:56 PM   #5966
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodylb View Post
She's gorgeous! And a toot to match her looks, sounds like...
Her name is Stormageddon named after a baby on a Dr. Who episode and she lives up to her name!!! We call her Storm for short!
Old 12-05-2012, 07:57 PM   #5967
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Quote:
Well, I didn't make it, but Lois did! Congrats to clownmom, Lee-Anne/Shadow's Mom, janellelarson, and va.sunshine.
If it makes you feel any better, it took me several times of trying out (4, I think) before I was selected for the team last winter (Sept - Nov 2011).

And at least you do get the guest DT spot. That's something to look forward to!

Congrats to the new team members!
Old 12-05-2012, 07:58 PM   #5968
Band Mom

Quote:
\

I apologize if I called you by the wrong name and should have called you Patricia --- I have trouble keeping everyone straight!
Apology accepted. Yes, I go by Patricia.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:59 PM   #5969
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamp300 View Post
You got a funny cat Angie! I'm wondering why some people use light boxes, is it for better pictures?
I have a really cheap little camera so the light box really helps make the camera take a sharper picture. Most of my pictures had a yellow tinge without it unless I went out in bright sunlight. Then I couldn't see what I was photographing in the bright light...so my pics would be all crooked...not to mention ridiculous amount of time setting up a place to photograph.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:06 PM   #5970
Band Mom

Whoever shared the link for the sushi roll Christmas ornament - THANK YOU so much!

I was intrigued by the idea of a sushi ornament, so I clicked on the link that was provided in that post earlier in this thread.

I ended up doing quite a bit of shopping there at TrendyTree.com.

I was very impressed with their service. I finalized my order last Friday morning, had it shipped via USPS Priority Mail, and received it Monday. And Trendy Tree refunded $4.00 back to my PayPal account because shipping was less than what was quoted to me when I ordered.

The ornaments arrived individually wrapped in tissue paper and then in bubble wrap, with a bunch of packing peanuts keeping them from knocking against each other during transit. I was a little disappointed that they didn't provide individual boxes. Even though I wasn't expecting boxes, it would have been a nice perk. I didn't even notice if boxes were available for sale on the website.

But now I have a nice-sized chunk of my Christmas shopping done. So thank you again!

Last edited by PH in VA; 12-05-2012 at 08:10 PM..
Old 12-06-2012, 12:52 AM   #5971
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Mary, if you got any Die-namics, you will end up seriously ADDICTED - I love, love, love my Die-namics, it's impossible to have too many!!! Enjoy your prize!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberbabe View Post
My MFT order is supposed to arrive tomorrow according to the FedEx tracking monitor! I can sure vouch for the terrific service and fast shipping. I ordered more than my prize. I have never ordered from them before and actually hadn't heard of them....but I'm thinking I am going to like what I chose and most likely order from them again. Glad to hear that for some companies it takes a little while to hear, so I won't be so worried about hearing from Copics then. And yes, it is a busy time of year for companies. A good reminder from Vicki (vdoyle!
Old 12-06-2012, 12:56 AM   #5972

I'm so sorry you didn't make it, Gail, you had some fabulous entries. But I have to tell you and I mean it - you win for being a most WONDERFUL MOM!!! I really admire how you've raised six lovely and obviously very special human beings! And I thought two were hard work!

Quote:
Old 12-06-2012, 12:58 AM   #5973

What a beautiful kitty, Angie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmypaper! View Post
You all wanna see what goes on at my house while I am waiting to hear about my prize?

She's in my cardboard light box! She's already jumped in from the top and bent part of it and scratched the tissue paper wall!

Attachment 263310
Old 12-06-2012, 01:02 AM   #5974

Connie, looks like you're having a ball with your winnings, your cards are beautiful!
And a light box really does help with photo's - I have a nylon one that folds up and it's very inexpensive - it's almost always gray and rainy and overcast here so it's been a huge help for me. I have two cheap clip on lights at the top, one a regular light bulb (which produces warm tones) and one a natural daylight bulb (which produces cool tones). If you want to boost the light even further you can put tin foil over the lights so that it reflects it all back into the box!
Old 12-06-2012, 03:28 AM   #5975

Good morning! I think I have caught up on all the posts! I received an email Monday for the Crafters Companion prize. Cannot wait to try out the goods!
I am looking forward to seeing all the creations with your winnings.
It has been a busy week at work for me and I have not spent a lot of time in my craft room. I am trying to come up with some "handmade gifts" for my family this year. I do this every year and I try not to do the same thing each year. I made gift baskets full of cookies and candy last year. I included a stamped snowman wrapped candy bar with a fleece hat in each of the baskets as my crafty item.
If you do crafty gifts, give me some ideas!! Everyone is eighteen or older.

Old 12-06-2012, 04:33 AM   #5976
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfinlay View Post
Connie, looks like you're having a ball with your winnings, your cards are beautiful!
And a light box really does help with photo's - I have a nylon one that folds up and it's very inexpensive - it's almost always gray and rainy and overcast here so it's been a huge help for me. I have two cheap clip on lights at the top, one a regular light bulb (which produces warm tones) and one a natural daylight bulb (which produces cool tones). If you want to boost the light even further you can put tin foil over the lights so that it reflects it all back into the box!
When we placed our Amazon order the light box I had on my wish list had gone down in price so my DH ordered it for me as a Christmas present!!! Can't wait to get my hands on it and see if it will work even better than this card board one...comes with lights and everything!!!

We can hardly stand the wait
Please Christmas, don't be late
Alvin and the chipmunks song going through my head right now!!!
Old 12-06-2012, 05:11 AM   #5977
Stazon Splitcoast

I found a link for making a light box . It sure would be simpler than some of the convoluted things I've rigged up along the way to try to get better photos. When you were talking about it, I was picturing a light table and couldn't figure out how that would help!
Thanks for your encouraging words ladies. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed, but I made it farther than the other times I've tried.
I think I'm going to start my holiday baking today. If that doesn't cure my low spirits I don't know what will!

Stamping for my Sanity's Sake!

Romans 8:28-29
I finally have a blog! Click here to check it out.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:16 AM   #5978
Stazon Splitcoast

These Chocolate Pistachio Thumbprint Cookies are my signature cookies...so yummy! This is the same recipe I use but I use almond extract in the filling instead of vanilla and have found that I need to make extra filling. I also substitute part wheat germ for the nuts to roll the cookies in....less calories and better coverage. These were from a Pillsbury Bake Off cookbook.....there's another contest I tried for MANY years with no success, but lots of yummy goodies along the way.

Old 12-06-2012, 05:33 AM   #5979
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:
I found a link for making a light box . It sure would be simpler than some of the convoluted things I've rigged up along the way to try to get better photos. When you were talking about it, I was picturing a light table and couldn't figure out how that would help!
Thanks for your encouraging words ladies. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed, but I made it farther than the other times I've tried.
I think I'm going to start my holiday baking today. If that doesn't cure my low spirits I don't know what will!
(((hugs))) so sorry.

You will be surprised what a difference this little card board box makes!!!
Old 12-06-2012, 06:44 AM   #5980
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

I also have used a light box, ( but currently am using some really big lights) and it does make a difference. my playroom is corner of a finished over the garage room and it has two over head lights that are in ( not good places ) so I moved an old file cabinet to in front of one of the windows and just positioned lights around it now. ( because sometimes I shoot junk that follows me home from yard sales and is too big for the light box I have)

2014 100 by 100 {230}
Old 12-06-2012, 07:04 AM   #5981
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Holy cow, Gail --- you are NOT a failure! I have to share this with you - I was thinking about you this morning. I'm stressing over my daughter's college auditions, right? I thought of you and how you homeschool SIX CHILDREN. Suddenly, my burden didn't seem so bad LOL!
the home schooling thing baffles me, and with six kids! I don't know how anyone gets thru child raising, I am in awe of someone who can handle more than one child at a time. One was a test for me.
We all have our moments of self doubt. Just keep telling yourself you're a success until you get the negative thoughts to go away. It will.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:17 AM   #5982
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
I'm sorry to hear that. It's tough when there are lots of people looking for a spot but not a lot of spots available.
look at it this way, one less deadline to have to meet.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:23 AM   #5983
Watercolor Wizard

[QUOTE=PH in VA;19869100]Whoever shared the link for the sushi roll Christmas ornament - THANK YOU so much!

I was intrigued by the idea of a sushi ornament, so I clicked on the link that was provided in that post earlier in this thread.

I ended up doing quite a bit of shopping there at TrendyTree.com.

I was very impressed with their service. I finalized my order last Friday morning, had it shipped via USPS Priority Mail, and received it Monday. And Trendy Tree refunded $4.00 back to my PayPal account because shipping was less than what was quoted to me when I ordered.

The ornaments arrived individually wrapped in tissue paper and then in bubble wrap, with a bunch of packing peanuts keeping them from knocking against each other during transit. I was a little disappointed that they didn't provide individual boxes. Even though I wasn't expecting boxes, it would have been a nice perk. I didn't even notice if boxes were available for sale on the website.

But now I have a nice-sized chunk of my Christmas shopping done. So thank you again![/QUOTE

looks like you can decorate some gift bags
Old 12-06-2012, 07:28 AM   #5984
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegmac71 View Post
Good morning! I think I have caught up on all the posts! I received an email Monday for the Crafters Companion prize. Cannot wait to try out the goods!
I am looking forward to seeing all the creations with your winnings.
It has been a busy week at work for me and I have not spent a lot of time in my craft room. I am trying to come up with some "handmade gifts" for my family this year. I do this every year and I try not to do the same thing each year. I made gift baskets full of cookies and candy last year. I included a stamped snowman wrapped candy bar with a fleece hat in each of the baskets as my crafty item.
Did you ever make brooches with stamps? My SU buddy showed me how. I love them, they are easy to make.
I have them and some things I made on my blog, if you go to the labels section and click on the 3D projects you can see them.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:34 AM   #5985
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
These Chocolate Pistachio Thumbprint Cookies are my signature cookies...so yummy! This is the same recipe I use but I use almond extract in the filling instead of vanilla and have found that I need to make extra filling. I also substitute part wheat germ for the nuts to roll the cookies in....less calories and better coverage. These were from a Pillsbury Bake Off cookbook.....there's another contest I tried for MANY years with no success, but lots of yummy goodies along the way.
OK, you need to start entering contests that have TONS of people entering. The Pillsbury one is kind of like the lottery, you just can't get upset if you don't win.
That reminds me of a story a co-worker told me. His cousin won one of the big ones in NJ, it's a $1000 a week for life. And he said something to her about how incredible that was and she said something like "well, I've been playing it for a couple months".
Old 12-06-2012, 09:04 AM   #5986
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Saw this one that a friend posted: Candy Cane Sugar Scrub

Old 12-06-2012, 09:06 AM   #5987
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cveneruso View Post
OK, you need to start entering contests that have TONS of people entering. The Pillsbury one is kind of like the lottery, you just can't get upset if you don't win.
I haven't done it in quite a while, but did for probably 10 years in a row. Never thought I'd win, but thought it would be fun to get to go to the bake off contest! I have had a couple of recipes published in magazines.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:44 PM   #5988
Band Mom

Quote:
looks like you can decorate some gift bags
I thought about making bag-a-lopes. I also have some Basic Grey take-out containers and even though they're not holiday patterns, I thought I could use one as a template with holiday patterned paper. Or I could just make regular boxes with holiday patterned paper. Basic Grey would probably work because it's fairly heavyweight.

The thing is, most of the ornaments I bought are going to be traveling with us to my parents' house for distribution, so I want them wrapped in something sturdy even though they do have the bubble wrap.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:21 PM   #5989
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Did you ever make brooches with stamps? My SU buddy showed me how. I love them, they are easy to make.
I have them and some things I made on my blog, if you go to the labels section and click on the 3D projects you can see them.
Hey ladies - everyone's still here? Just skimming and I just posted some handmade angels on my blog. May not be what an eighteen year old is looking for...
Old 12-06-2012, 02:00 PM   #5990

I heard from Stamp n storage tonight! I placed my order already, I still cannot believe I won from them!

Love SU!? Join the Crew!
The CreativeCrew <The Gallery
CreativeCrew Play Along <The Challenges
Old 12-06-2012, 03:07 PM   #5991
Proud Fan Club Member

I've got my wish list for Rubber Cafe -- just waiting to hear from them. I had to redo my list a couple of times though. Things keep disappearing from the website as they get sold out.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #5992
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownmom View Post
I've got my wish list for Rubber Cafe -- just waiting to hear from them. I had to redo my list a couple of times though. Things keep disappearing from the website as they get sold out.
I've been looking at stuff there but just decided I would wait to hear from them before I made any choices - that way I only have to make up my mind once!

How's retirement treating you?

And congratulations!!
Old 12-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #5993
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Gail-
1. I'm so sorry you didn't make the DT but I am proud of you for trying!
2. Cookies look fabulous - can't wait to try them.
3. I wish I had your courage. It took a pep talk from Lydia for me to screw up the courage to post my cards for HYCCT last year. I wish I had the moxie to put myself out there & try for a DT. You not only tried but got to the very final round!

my gallery
Old 12-06-2012, 04:20 PM   #5994
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfinlay View Post
I'm so sorry you didn't make it, Gail, you had some fabulous entries. But I have to tell you and I mean it - you win for being a most WONDERFUL MOM!!! I really admire how you've raised six lovely and obviously very special human beings! And I thought two were hard work!
You are so right on that score, Bridget. Gail is a great mom.

Old 12-06-2012, 05:15 PM   #5995
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrossthepond View Post
Hey ladies - everyone's still here? Just skimming and I just posted some handmade angels on my blog. May not be what an eighteen year old is looking for...
Maria, those are incredible...cute angels.
QFTD52
FS318
You Can Do It Challenge
HYCCT2013
Old 12-06-2012, 06:05 PM   #5996
Swapper of the Month - September 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyb View Post
I heard from Stamp n storage tonight! I placed my order already, I still cannot believe I won from them!
I heard too, Patty. But haven't ordered yet. DD birthday party to contend with and Christmas, of course. So probably not until January for me. I'm not in any hurry.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:43 PM   #5997
Mad Swapper

I think I caught up with what's happening now that I have scanned the last 4 pages.

Gail - As everone else has said - Sorry you didn't make the DT, but you did as a guest -that's great - not what you had hoped for , I know, but enjoy that anyway.
Maria- your angels are cool. I made something similar years ago but all out of wood - during my years of scroll saw projects.
Val - I have not heard from Xyron either or from Stampin Bella but I am sure we will hear something from the rest of our wonderful proze sponsors soon. I need to get back on Stampin Bella and figure out what to order before they do send me the go ahead.
I made a few Christmas cards over the last couple of days, trying to get all my cards mailed out today. I only have 10 that weren't ready. So I will get those out tomorrow and I'll try to upload my pics into my gallery.
And Gail - Thanks for the link for the light box. I was just thinking the other day that I needed to make myself a light box. Now I have instructions! Sweet!
Better run - have to work early and all day again tomorrow. Part-time job - ha!
Old 12-06-2012, 08:15 PM   #5998
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
These no-knit scarves look pretty cool too.
Love the angels Maria made!

Old 12-07-2012, 01:47 AM   #5999
Gabfest Goddess

I've been stalking The Rubber Cafe's website but haven't started a wish list. Guess I'll wait until I hear from them. I'd really like to get more Nesties but I'm either not inspired with what they have or already have what they have so I've gone on to looking at their pages and pages of stamps. It might be nice to just stock up on embellishments so I need to check those out.

Today's my all day volunteering at church. Woke up WAY TOO EARLY though so I'll probably fizzle well before the end of the evening.

I hope everyone has a great day! Although I didn't make it to round 3 of the CAS Winter DT search I seem to have secured a spot as a guest designer. Not sure exactly how that works (when it's my turn to GD) but I guess I'll find out!
Old 12-07-2012, 01:49 AM   #6000

{{GAIL}} I say you are a WINNER cuz you ENTERED!!!!! YAY!!!! HUGE Congrats on marching forward and carrying on, you did an AWESOME JOB in my book!!!!!