Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2012, 11:30 AM   #4041
Stazon Splitcoast

I didn't yet get any of the recipes, but here's a picture of the pie bakers with their pies.
The brussel sprouts were really great. DH says it was the best Thanksgiving meal I've ever done. I had cooked a lot the day before and felt more relaxed than usual and it was really fun to have the adult kids home so all in all a really good day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_1582.jpg (25.6 KB, 27 views)

Stamping for my Sanity's Sake!

Romans 8:28-29
I finally have a blog! Click here to check it out.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-23-2012, 11:54 AM   #4042
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

What a fun photo, Gail!!!
Gallery Blog
Old 11-23-2012, 12:04 PM   #4043
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm back & I'm pooped! I didn't have the patience to stand in the cutting line at Joanns, they said it was going to be a 2hr wait, I couldn't wait with 2 little ones. I'll have to go back tomorrow morning, but I did get a few punches that were 60% off though. I went to another Michaels & they had some of their SB on clearance for $11.99, I didn't buy any because I couldn't remember if I had them. I did buy the large MS Snowflake punch with my 50% coupon, I've looked everywhere for the MS branch punch & can't find it.

Has Lydia drawn anymore names?
QFTD52
FS318
You Can Do It Challenge
HYCCT2013
Old 11-23-2012, 12:07 PM   #4044
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
Cool I should do that! Thanks!
QFTD52
FS318
You Can Do It Challenge
HYCCT2013
Old 11-23-2012, 12:09 PM   #4045
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dini View Post
Here's the info on the Impression Obsession sale:

The sale begins NOW and will end next Wednesday, November 28 at midnight, Eastern Standard Time.

To receive 25% off your entire order , enter the code THANKS at checkout.

Impression Obsession Rubber Stamps
Thanks, girl! I went shopping there earlier - love IO stamps!!
Old 11-23-2012, 12:13 PM   #4046

Nope, Lydia hasn't popped in yet. a friend sent me a pic of some awesome Hanukkah cotton she got at Joann's majorly on sale today but I'll pay more for a shorter wait! I really hope our store has some, though! It's so cute!

Stacy, my washer has been throwing up error codes all day. I'm trying to get caught up in case it dies and Jeff can't fix it.
Gallery Blog
Old 11-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #4047
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamp300 View Post
I've looked everywhere for the MS branch punch & can't find it.

Here is a die that I bought recently, and it is exactly like the branches in the MS punch. I've used it on a few cards and I love it.

Wreath Strip by Cheery Lynn Designs

If you haven't used these kinds of dies before, they work just like the Nesties and PTI and Taylored Expressions dies in almost any machine you have. I have a coupon code for 10% off in this store, but I can't publish it here on SCS. PM me and I'll be glad to share with ya.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:29 PM   #4048
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

So the first load went perfectly... second load did codes and then turned it self off so when I restarted it, I started it at rinse and spin ( where it was when it through the unbalanced code) so, got a third load going... its tossing out codes (good thing the guy is coming monday) who knows whats wrong with it but when it was new you could just do laundry back to back and have a whole lot done in a weekend.

but I am more of a do one load a day kind of a person so these piles are making me crazy and I am getting nothing done because I keep checking the washing machine haha.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:40 PM   #4049
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post
Connie its in Challenges... its the one called Christmas Cards... let me find a link.
Christmas Cards Forum - Holiday Card Stamping & Scrapbooking Challenges

there is all occasion cards too ( and I always forget to link to that one) this one is other holidays and like birthdays/anniversaries type cards you need to make... its an reminder list type challenge to me.

All Occasion Card Challenge 2012
Thanks Stacy.
QFTD52
FS318
You Can Do It Challenge
HYCCT2013
Old 11-23-2012, 12:43 PM   #4050
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbrown View Post
Here is a die that I bought recently, and it is exactly like the branches in the MS punch. I've used it on a few cards and I love it.

Wreath Strip by Cheery Lynn Designs

If you haven't used these kinds of dies before, they work just like the Nesties and PTI and Taylored Expressions dies in almost any machine you have. I have a coupon code for 10% off in this store, but I can't publish it here on SCS. PM me and I'll be glad to share with ya.
WOW! I like that one, I could do more than 1 at a time. Thanks.
QFTD52
FS318
You Can Do It Challenge
HYCCT2013
Old 11-23-2012, 12:45 PM   #4051
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamp300 View Post
WOW! I like that one, I could do more than 1 at a time. Thanks.
You're welcome!
Old 11-23-2012, 12:46 PM   #4052
Watercolor Wizard

I was getting hungry reading the posts so I mixed up a batch of pumpkin pies which are in the oven. As I had a bigger can, I also am making some pumpkin bread for the first time as the oven temp for the pies and breads are the same! Will freeze a loaf and share a fresh loaf
Old 11-23-2012, 01:14 PM   #4053
Swapper of the Month - September 2013

Hi all. Sounds like everyone had a nice holiday. Ours was great and the house even clean. Course I fell asleep at 8:30 with the kiddos, woke two hours later and then was up until two wide awake! Should have just gotten up to stamp. Anyhow, we are having a little staycation tonight. Virtually free downtown hotel. Ice skating groupon. Swimming in the hotel pool. Later tonight we'll head up to the fabulous Christmas lights they do in Temple Square. We even rode light rail to get to the hotel so the kids are having a blast already. TTFN!
Old 11-23-2012, 02:02 PM   #4054
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaxsix View Post
I didn't yet get any of the recipes, but here's a picture of the pie bakers with their pies.
The brussel sprouts were really great. DH says it was the best Thanksgiving meal I've ever done. I had cooked a lot the day before and felt more relaxed than usual and it was really fun to have the adult kids home so all in all a really good day.
The pies and bakers look great. I'll bet you had a wonderful day.
I made Jen's brussel sprouts too, had to use a different seasoning, but they turned out very good! We will eat the rest of them today.

Last edited by pvilbaum; 11-23-2012 at 02:09 PM..
Old 11-23-2012, 02:12 PM   #4055
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjen View Post
Hi all. Sounds like everyone had a nice holiday. Ours was great and the house even clean. Course I fell asleep at 8:30 with the kiddos, woke two hours later and then was up until two wide awake! Should have just gotten up to stamp. Anyhow, we are having a little staycation tonight. Virtually free downtown hotel. Ice skating groupon. Swimming in the hotel pool. Later tonight we'll head up to the fabulous Christmas lights they do in Temple Square. We even rode light rail to get to the hotel so the kids are having a blast already. TTFN!
Oh that sounds like you will have a great time. Enjoy the lights for me. I loe to go and look at the lights there. We did a carriage ride once with our daughters; it was wonderful and a little warmer than just walking around. Of course it was all outside the gates, we did walk around inside as well.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:26 PM   #4056
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post
I taught my son ( 16 1/2) to do his own laundry... and the washing machine has been acting funny ever since. ( I think he is over filling it and the strain has made it decide to not work right) but, my original maytag washer still worked at 18+ years old and my dryer died so I bought a new "pair" and these new ones have computer chips in them... so, my husband wont even look at it.

if it dies the next one will not have a computer in it ( crosses fingers they still make such a thing) haha
Years ago when I got a new machine that required he detergent the salesman told me I could use regular detergent if I used half the amount. I had almost a whole gallon of detergent left so I was using it and after a couple months something broke down and I had to have a repairman come out. He told me you can not, not, not use non he detergent at all, it gums up the works, and that's what caused the problems. I'm just saying on the off chance that your machine is he and someone is using the other kind of detergent.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:37 PM   #4057
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Oh my goodness, how cute are they all!!! and don't they look happy.

by the way, I stopped in Fresh Market on Wednesday and they were selling brussel sprouts on the stalk, if you hadn't posted your picture I would have been loking at them all wide eyed and wonder struck.
however, Dini, they did not have any rice on the stalk or whatever you would call it.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #4058
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbrown View Post
Thanks, girl! I went shopping there earlier - love IO stamps!!
me too. I got one during HYCCT and it used for the "1215B Shine It Out" challenge. It's a bottle with a beach scene inside. Very fun image.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #4059
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Black Friday is just plain EVIL!!!! I went into Gander Mountain to get a youth air rifle my sister wants to give her grandson for Christmas as she doesn't live here.....well, they had some fabulous guns at rediculous prices....I've still been using the one I got for my 16th b-day...and it's older than some of you here....heehee.....So as I'm drooling over the Remingtons, a customer gave me his coupon for additional 20% off cuz he didn't find what he wanted.....So, I now have a brand new semi auto Remington rifle with red dot laser and an alternate night vision scope....I'm headed for the hills next week for sure...YIPPEE!!!!! this country girl is giddy happy....

also went to Michaels and got some mats for Cricut. Then headed home, that was enough money spending for one day....

Gail, how do I keep brussel sprouts? I tried them for the first time this yr and they were very productive....I prolly have about 10 lbs. still on the stalks in garden...I sure hope I don't have to eat them all in the next week before they go bad.....I love sprouts but that would be a bit much....heehee...

QFTD38 and proud fan club member

Join us for Christmas Card Challenge 2013and All Occasion Card Challenge 2013
Y'all are cordially invited to a teaparty with the Sisterhood of the Traveling Teaparty.
resident lurker at the You Can Do It challenge
Old 11-23-2012, 03:23 PM   #4060
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Sheri,
I think you can blanch them real quick like 30 seconds than freeze them ( sprouts)

Chris, yep all my soap is HE but... I think the fabric softener could be a problem too. I tend to only use it on socks and towels and just do extra rinse on everything else and I know my kid is using the downy on all his stuff and I suspect he's filling it way past the fill line too.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:37 PM   #4061
Watercolor Wizard

It sounds like you all had some wonderful food, including those pies made by the youngsters. I made my dressing today. I usually make it with pork sausage, but can't do that anymore because of my gout. Someone suggested using turkey sausage, and I actually bought some, but decided not to use it for fear it would ruin the whole batch. I really don't like ground turkey, and was afraid I wouldn't like turkey sausage either.

Well I put everything but the kitchen sink in the dressing and it turned out great. I do miss the sausage, but will have no trouble eating lots of it. I used bread cubes, onion, roasted garlic, chives, celery, even 1 shredded carrot, eggs, veggie stock and lots of herbs. I think that's all. I think it's the celery that makes it for me. I used almost the whole stalk.

I'm off to finish preparing my lesson for Sunday so I can go to dd Jeanette's tomorrow.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:07 PM   #4062

I want leftovers! *pouts* I'm going to call around and see if there are any kosher turkeys left in town and if it's less than $3 a lb. we can have a second Thanksgiving.
Gallery Blog
Old 11-23-2012, 04:53 PM   #4063
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdoyle8 View Post
YAY Chris! Congrats on your win!

I do Christmas here and thought I'd skip making lasagne this year. OMG - there was almost a civil war at the mere mention!
I know the feeling. I always made bbq kielbasa and mashed potatoes on Christmas eve so one year I made something else and about got run out of the house. The kids called it 'A TRADITION' and I never thought of it as that - just a meal!

CCC, MMTPT, QFTD156, Cards for a Cause, Fan Club Member

Rita/scootsv
Old 11-23-2012, 05:02 PM   #4064
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksnurse View Post
HEEHEE....that's kinda how we got started too....but hey, if you're with friends, it's all good....My unmarried auntie always told me that family can be anyone you want it to be so make it your own...first yr was just me and a friend but others have come and gone over time...we have a great time. and I'm making you an honorary oddball so you come up any yr...you're always welcome...
We are just back from our hometown, which is four hours away. We get to spend Thanksgiving with family, but Christmas is with friends who have no family in town. We started that years ago, and now we treasure that day also.

I'm way behind in reading -- but please accept my late Happy thanksgiving wishes for all -- I am thankful for the friendship and creative inspiration I find here on SCS

my gallery
Old 11-23-2012, 05:02 PM   #4065
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksnurse View Post
Gail, how do I keep brussel sprouts? I tried them for the first time this yr and they were very productive....I prolly have about 10 lbs. still on the stalks in garden...I sure hope I don't have to eat them all in the next week before they go bad.....I love sprouts but that would be a bit much....heehee...
This is my first time too! I still have 3 stalks out in the garden, but 2 of them aren't even close to being ready. My hope is that they'll survive over the winter as my collard greens did. They look a lot alike in the leaf area. I think you can pick them throughout the growing season without cutting down the stalk too, but I just went ahead and pulled the one I used. I'm learning my gardening as I go. I use the square foot gardening method and have had really good results. DH got me an organic gardening mag subscription and I've found good advice and recipes in there. I went to U Tube to see about the brussel sprouts...they took so long to get to the point where I could harvest them.

Old 11-23-2012, 05:12 PM   #4066
Stazon Splitcoast

As far as the washer issues....when ours was acting up like that it ended up being a clogged drain line. Pat watched a video on how to get to it...the video was hilarious as it turned out to be the guy's wife's thong that was hindering his machine! Ours was an underwire from one of my bras as well as a small sock! They really do vanish like I thought!

Old 11-23-2012, 05:13 PM   #4067

well Gail, I'll do some research....I remember that I read somewhere that the flavor is better if you wait to harvest until after a heavy frost but I don't recall anything about keeping them...I'm learning by the seat of my pants too....I try one new thing every yr...will let you know what I find out about sprouts...

QFTD38 and proud fan club member

Join us for Christmas Card Challenge 2013and All Occasion Card Challenge 2013
Y'all are cordially invited to a teaparty with the Sisterhood of the Traveling Teaparty.
resident lurker at the You Can Do It challenge
Old 11-23-2012, 05:20 PM   #4068
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfinlay View Post
Squeeeeeeee! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Congratulations Bridget! Enjoy your prize!

CCC, MMTPT, QFTD156, Cards for a Cause, Fan Club Member

Rita/scootsv
Old 11-23-2012, 05:26 PM   #4069

Quote:
As far as the washer issues....when ours was acting up like that it ended up being a clogged drain line. Pat watched a video on how to get to it...the video was hilarious as it turned out to be the guy's wife's thong that was hindering his machine! Ours was an underwire from one of my bras as well as a small sock! They really do vanish like I thought!
I suspect the drain is what's wrong with ours.
Gallery Blog
Old 11-23-2012, 05:28 PM   #4070
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via MSN to ohmypaper!

Quote:
Beautiful photo!!!!!! So sweet!!!! Glad you had a good day and felt relaxed!!!!
Old 11-23-2012, 05:36 PM   #4071
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

What a beautiful family, Gail!

You are going to think this is crazy but my dh & I went out for a bite to eat tonight. As we were being seated, I glanced at the next table. The woman sitting there looked so much like your profile picture that I almost blurted out your name! It was the strangest feeling!

my gallery
Old 11-23-2012, 06:08 PM   #4072
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
It sounds like you all had some wonderful food, including those pies made by the youngsters. I made my dressing today. I usually make it with pork sausage, but can't do that anymore because of my gout. Someone suggested using turkey sausage, and I actually bought some, but decided not to use it for fear it would ruin the whole batch. I really don't like ground turkey, and was afraid I wouldn't like turkey sausage either.

Well I put everything but the kitchen sink in the dressing and it turned out great. I do miss the sausage, but will have no trouble eating lots of it. I used bread cubes, onion, roasted garlic, chives, celery, even 1 shredded carrot, eggs, veggie stock and lots of herbs. I think that's all. I think it's the celery that makes it for me. I used almost the whole stalk.

I'm off to finish preparing my lesson for Sunday so I can go to dd Jeanette's tomorrow.

Val, I used to use Italian pork sausage in mine. This year I used breakfast sausage. One of the kid's can't eat pork sausage so hubby got Jimmy Dean turkey sausage patties for her. On it's own for breakfast I thought it wasn't great but it wasn't bad. I used it in red eye gravy and in that I couldn't notice the difference. So I think that if you used it in your stuffing there's so many other flavors that it might work. Besides the sausage I used onions, celery and walnuts and moistened it with dry sherry and broth. Sometimes I put chopped apples in it but hubby doesn't like fruit in it.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:12 PM   #4073

Hi just checking in again. I've completely lost track of where we are up to with the prizes, but a glance at the first post tells me we have lots of new winners.

My whole evening got turned on it's head yesterday. My DD came out from the city to visit and we spent some quality mother-daughter time bonding over reviving twelve near drowned baby ducklings. We though we'd only be able to save a few but they all came good in the end and are now back with their mother. We went to bed exhausted from the worry of it all. DD impressed me with getting down and dirty to save them even though she was still in her office work wear. And lets face it, ducks are very messy! She is my hero!
Old 11-23-2012, 06:22 PM   #4074
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootsv View Post
I know the feeling. I always made bbq kielbasa and mashed potatoes on Christmas eve so one year I made something else and about got run out of the house. The kids called it 'A TRADITION' and I never thought of it as that - just a meal!
Oh my goodness, don't get me started on Christmas Eve. People gets nuts over those food traditions. I don't care what I have. My family didn't have any traditional foods but my favorite thing was when we'd have cold cut platters and make sandwiches. But my husband is insane over it. Has to have fish. He's not as nuts as the rest of his family and I could tell you horror stories from years past.
I had two Polish friends and they each had to have 12 courses. And each course had to have a specific food. they had family who were absolutely crazy over it. They'd crack me up with their stories.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:27 PM   #4075
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy Black Friday everyone!
~ Proud Splitcoast Sketch Challenge Hostess ~
**Designer for the NEW Power Poppy - Make sure to check us out!**
Old 11-23-2012, 06:27 PM   #4076
Die Cut Diva

aww, how sweet of you to help save them!

how did they almost drown?
Old 11-23-2012, 06:28 PM   #4077
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Dinner prep is in full swing here... I smelled "something dead" on one side of the kitchen - pulled out the freezer, and there was a huge dead rat behind there. So thankful that my husband was around (I do not "do" dead things) to throw it out. Hoping that was the big one that we have been trying to get for weeks, and thankful that only GOOD smells will be coming from my kitchen now!

If you hear a voice within you say you cannot paint,
then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.
Vincent Van Gogh

Old 11-23-2012, 06:30 PM   #4078
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misstreez View Post
Hi just checking in again. I've completely lost track of where we are up to with the prizes, but a glance at the first post tells me we have lots of new winners.

My whole evening got turned on it's head yesterday. My DD came out from the city to visit and we spent some quality mother-daughter time bonding over reviving twelve near drowned baby ducklings. We though we'd only be able to save a few but they all came good in the end and are now back with their mother. We went to bed exhausted from the worry of it all. DD impressed me with getting down and dirty to save them even though she was still in her office work wear. And lets face it, ducks are very messy! She is my hero!
she's my hero too!
Old 11-23-2012, 06:35 PM   #4079
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dini View Post
Dinner prep is in full swing here... I smelled "something dead" on one side of the kitchen - pulled out the freezer, and there was a huge dead rat behind there. So thankful that my husband was around (I do not "do" dead things) to throw it out. Hoping that was the big one that we have been trying to get for weeks, and thankful that only GOOD smells will be coming from my kitchen now!
Yuck. I thought there'd be nothing worse than a rat in the house but a dead rat would be worse.
You've brought back some very old memories for me. We had a rat in our house but it got caught in a have a heart trap so we didn't have to deal with finding a dead one.
We got mice in our Poconos house every winter. I found a dead one in a cup once, yuck.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:37 PM   #4080

I have been away from SCS all week-well except for the color challenge-we had 13 people for dinner and I was busy all week cleaning and preparing the feast. It was a wonderful celebration at my home and everyone ate to their hearts content. I was out today doing some Black Friday stuff. Just checked back in here and I saw that I am a winner. I am sooo excited.

Splitcoaststampers Color Challenge DT Coordinator

My Blog