View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 07:27 PM   #5804
PH in VA
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Oh, I do have a couple stories about our backyard bunnies that I can share.

1. Yesterday afternoon when I went to get the mail, I decided to detour first to the back yard and spin our compost bin (it's one of the tumbling ones). I got almost to it and got startled in my tracks because lying in the grass, maybe 6 feet from the compost bin, was one of the bunnies. It was just lounging there, flopped on its side, like it was all tuckered out from running around or something. After about a minute of watching it, and it not moving anything more than its wiggly nose, I slowly walked the remaining few steps to the bin to do what I needed to do. I talked to it, saying stuff like "Hi, bunny. I'm not going to hurt you. I just want to spin the compost." I was so tempted to reach out and pet it, but I thought better of that. (Although it was brown, not white, I've seen "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" a few too many times to take my chances. LOL) As I was talking to it, it sat up and scratched its nose with one of its hind legs. It was totally cute. I didn't laugh too hard because I didn't want to scare it, but I said, "awww, your nose itched." I got the bin spun, and turned to go to the mailbox, and that's when the bunny finally hopped off toward our deck.

B. Yesterday evening, before it got dark, DH were in the living room together watching TV. He got up to shut the front door for the night, but took a look around through the storm door first. We had the windows open, so he calmly said to me, "Look out the window, and look down." One of the bunnies was right there. On the freakin' front porch. It didn't stay too long before hopping off across the front yard. But dang - that was the closest I've ever seen any of them come up to one of the doors.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!