View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 06:38 AM   #386
auntangie
Stazon Splitcoast

So I have been following the 100 cards in 100 days challenge. Haven't participated because work, school, BF, etc. excuse, excuse excuse are taking up too much of my time right now. And my craft space is over run with clutter and makes me claustrophobic. A few weeks ago I was in Nashville and bought a bookcase to use for all of my paper storage. I had been using a wire cube system. It worked when I didn't have much stuff but around Christmas some of the plastic corner pieces started to break from all of the wieght. Too much crap! Since I got the book case and rearranged the room I have been sorting, organizing and PURGING!

So far I have all of the CTMH and SU! cardstock sorted by color group. Purged anything I do not have ink to match and don't love. Purged ink pads that colors are discontinued and don't have cs to match (even brand new still in the wrapped pads). Kept colors I love, even if discontinued. Decided I don't have the time or $ to purge and restock with just current stuff, instead keeping what I love and ditching the rest. still need to sort the remaining cs in roy g biv, but that is a good rainy saturday afternoon project. Got started on the stamps. Did CTMH and other clear stamps a couple days ago. Did wood mounted ones last night. Waivering on a few of those. Decided the ones I can't quite make myself give up, I will put a mark on them and if I haven't used them by this time next year they will go in the sale pile. This whole purging/organizing thing is really opening my eyes to several things.

1) the amount of crap I have bought becuase it was cute, etc. that I have never used.
2) how freeing it is to get rid of the clutter
3) how much you can get accomplished in 15-20 minutes if you put your mind to it
4) how much I truely love the supplies I am keeping

Hoping to get done with this before the next 100 days is complete so I can jump in, even if midstream. Collected all of my card kits in one space. Or tried to. I think I have been in too many card kit swaps. I put the kits in 8x8x8 fabric baskets. There are 3 of them. FULL. I'm committed to one now, so I will finish it out, but not signing up for any more until I use up a BUNCH of these. Finding lots of half finished stuff too that I am collecting together. Should make for quick cards to make up a bunch of them too when I finally sit down to create.

Sorry for the uber long post. Just wanted to see what I have been accomplishing in writing. Seems to make it more real for me. Thinking I should have made a column for time spend organizing on my spread sheet for this year. I would be in the black for sure!
2014 100 in 100 Challenge round #2 40/100
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!