View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 05:52 AM   #1613
JanetJ
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

WHEW!! My weekend was SO busy (but fun!!) I was exhausted when I got home yesterday evening!! I even slept REALLY late for me this AM! Guess I was trying to "catch up" on the sleep I really lost this weekend!!
We didn't get any awards, but we had fun! That is the most important thing!! It was fun being the first chorus on the stage - we got to see all of the others instead of only seeing a couple of choruses like we usually do since we're close to the end (like 15th in line when 16 chorusues are participating).

Only frustrating thing - the entire hotel was awakened before 6:00 AM yesterday when a Fire Alarm went off. A blaring, continuous sound with the recorded announcement that we were too stay where we were as they "checked out" their alarm. It continued to blare/announce for almost 20 minutes! Talk about a frustrating wake up (and I had gone to bed about 2:00 AM after the Afterglow that was held!)!! They came back on, said the situation was investigated & all was OK. I went back to sleep for about 1 hour, then had to get up. We left there about 11:00 AM, I got home about 5:00 PM. Long drive!

OK- here is the video of our chorus this year. The beginning has someone talking for several minutes - we're after the lady announces us:
(and the solo part you hear in the 2nd song is the Bass section!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVDBJgHedNA&feature=youtu.be

Today I plan to REST!! (Maybe I'll get more done with some cards.) I plan to get "back in the swing of things" tomorrow. And I'll try to get 100 cards done!!!!
We won't have chorus tomorrow night so I'll have a quieter day tomorrow!

Thanks to all of you thinking about us & wishing us well!!
(((HUGS))) to EVERYONE!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!