Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-11-2013, 06:17 AM   #41  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,055 Likes on 813 Posts

Hmm - so you can! And it's not impossible - in fact it's easier than I thought. When I first read your post I thought no way! But it's very heavy to hold, since it is designed for desk-top use. And you need good lighting from above.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2013, 08:30 PM   #42  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 246 Likes on 133 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by RachelroseView Post
The demo videos for the Big Bite that I watched say you can see where the hole is going if you hold the thing in your hand and turn it upside down. They show this. I don't know how heavy the Big Bite is, but it does seem like an awkward solution.
I will have to watch the video, but I can't imagine holding the Big Bite upside down, holding the paper in the slot with the paper (and finally with the eyelet) in place and being able to squeeze that handle with the same hand that is holding it. I have enough trouble lining everything up while the machine is sitting securely on my work table.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2013, 02:07 AM   #43  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,055 Likes on 813 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanne3579View Post
I will have to watch the video, but I can't imagine holding the Big Bite upside down, holding the paper in the slot with the paper (and finally with the eyelet) in place and being able to squeeze that handle with the same hand that is holding it. I have enough trouble lining everything up while the machine is sitting securely on my work table.
Ah, but you only need to hold it upside down to punch the hole - once that's done you can still set the eyelet with it sitting on the table as usual.
But to be honest I was only trying it out to see could it be done! I never realised you could look through the bottom before . I find it perfectly satisfactory to mark my hole spot with a little pencil cross and check I have it positioned right once I start pressing down on the punch part.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2013, 06:48 AM   #44  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 246 Likes on 133 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22View Post
Ah, but you only need to hold it upside down to punch the hole - once that's done you can still set the eyelet with it sitting on the table as usual.
But to be honest I was only trying it out to see could it be done! I never realised you could look through the bottom before . I find it perfectly satisfactory to mark my hole spot with a little pencil cross and check I have it positioned right once I start pressing down on the punch part.
Thanks for your response. I will continue using mine like you do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2013, 06:46 PM   #45  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just my two cents . I only have the Big Bite and I use it all the time. I'm glad to have the extra reach when I need it. I just make a pencil mark and look from the side to line up my punch. Never had a problem yet with punching the hole exactly where I wanted it to be.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2013, 06:03 AM   #46  
Glitter Guru

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, I have to learn to use my CAD now that I have it! I can punch a hole, but haven't set an eyelet yet. Maybe later today I'll play with that.

Good to know you have not had problems with placement with the BB, since I may, as so many seem to, end up with both eventually.
Reply With Quote Likes