Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   2011 Hope You Can Cling To Archive (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/2011-hope-you-can-cling-archive-f383/)
-   -   HYCCT1115 - Think P.I.N.K. (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/2011-hope-you-can-cling-archive-f383/hycct1115-think-p-i-n-k-t540071.html)

PH in VA 09-13-2011 04:30 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Challenge Title: Think P-I-N-K!
Hostess: PH in VA a/k/a Patricia
Keyword: HYCCT1115
Date: Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pink is the color associated with breast cancer. Today I'd like you to "think pink" a little differently. Your challenge is to create a card using products, images, sentiments, or techniques that begin with the letters P, I, N and K. You may include other things, but your card must have the following four required elements: at least one thing beginning with P, one thing beginning with I, one thing beginning with N, and one thing beginning with K. When you upload your card, please mention in the details what your P, I, N, and K elements are.

Here are some ideas for each letter to help the creative juices flow. If you can think of other things that fit the challenge, you're more than welcome to use them, too!

P: Peach Parfait, petals, pig, puppy, person, paisley, punches, pop dots, pinking shears, paper piecing, party, Pink Cat Studios

I: Island Indigo, iris, insect, iguana, image, icicle, inchies, iris folding, iridescent ice, inked edges, Ippity, Inkadinkadoo

N: Night of Navy, North America, nature, numbers, Native American, nest, night, nickel, napkin fold, Nestabilities, Naturals cardstock, Northwoods

K: Kraft, Kiwi Kiss, kite, keys, kittens, kangaroo, knight, kid, kissing, Kaleidoscope ink pad, Karen Foster Designs, Kitchen Sink Stamps

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7, 2011 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Please post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine HYCCT challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag, and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!

The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)

I'd like to extend a hug of thanks to my sample makers: Lee (LuvLee), Karen (kthaman), Michelle (tygerpaws11) and Lydia (Understandblue). Please join me in giving them some gallery love!

Thank you so much for participating in this card drive! I'm really looking forward to seeing what all of you create when you Think P-I-N-K!

Ksnurse 10-15-2011 05:23 AM

what a fun one...this will get the brain going for sure to come up with all the ingredients..

muzbysmom 10-15-2011 05:26 AM

I agree! What fun! Very creative challenge!

DeborahLynneS 10-15-2011 05:30 AM

Fun challenge. Here's mine:

Think Pink Bows and Butterflies by DeborahLynneS - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

and

Think Pink Simple Layers by DeborahLynneS - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Thanks!

PH in VA 10-15-2011 05:57 AM

Good morning! :) I'll be checking in here periodically, so if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

notimetostamp 10-15-2011 06:24 AM

Great challenge -- I made a trio of cards.

Here's the link to the group photo on SCS:

HYCCT1115 Pink Trio by notimetostamp - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Here's the link to my blog post with all the photos:

No Time To Stamp? Ribbon Inspiration/Stamp Simply Style – Silk/Hope You Can Cling To

Thanks!

Cook22 10-15-2011 06:29 AM

Thanks for the K suggestions - my brain froze when it saw that! I'm imagining a weird card with pink kittens in a nest, LOL. But I'm going to take a nap while some pavlovas are in the oven, and hopefully I'll have some more intelligent ideas after that.

PH in VA 10-15-2011 06:51 AM

Pink kittens in a nest sounds like an adorable idea! I heart kittens. :)

Crafty Julia 10-15-2011 07:52 AM

HYCCT1115 Hummingbird by Crafty Julia

For today's Hope You Can Cling To Challenge, using elements representing P-I-N-K, I came up with the following items:
P for Pinking Shears
I for Ivy
N for Neutral background (white for ivy image)
K for kitten

Have a great day everyone! Here's my card:

HYCCT1115 Hummingbird by Crafty Julia - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

allee's 10-15-2011 07:56 AM

For my card for this challenge I used:

P - pansies and pink
I - insect
N - naturals ivory cardstock
K - Kitchen Sink Stamps

Here is my card: Pink Pansies and Blue Skies

Cook22 10-15-2011 09:44 AM

HYCCT By the Sea by Cook22 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Phew, it took a bit of thinking, but I managed to combine it with today's IC quite successfully.
P - Parchment, Personal Impressions stamp
I - inked edges, Impression Obsession backgrounder
N - Nestabilities
K - kraft paper

amyk3868 10-15-2011 10:25 AM

Had a hard time with the "I" and the "K", but here is my card:
P.I.N.K. On the Beach by amyk3868 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

PH in VA 10-15-2011 11:04 AM

Wanna know a secret about this challenge?

hollerinastamps 10-15-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PH in VA (Post 18826923)
Wanna know a secret about this challenge?

I'd love to know it! I'm still trying to come up with a "K" for my card...

PH in VA 10-15-2011 11:53 AM

OK, I'll let the secret out of the bag.

I first thought of this challenge idea about two months ago. Since then, I've been working on a list of things for each of the letters. I wanted to be able to provide some ideas to help out the challenge participants.

So yeah - it took me a while to come up with ideas for each letter too!

Tracijd 10-15-2011 12:11 PM

Ohhhh, you're going to make us think with this one. Off to my craft room for a scavenger hunt for supplies starting with P-I-N-K...how fun! Is your profile pic a James Madison Duke Dog?

PH in VA 10-15-2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracijd (Post 18827085)
Ohhhh, you're going to make us think with this one. Off to my craft room for a scavenger hunt for supplies starting with P-I-N-K...how fun! Is your profile pic a James Madison Duke Dog?

Yes - it's Duke Dog! Go Dukes! :D

Hmmm... I wonder if I can find a live stream of the football game online. I'm not sure what time it was supposed to start, but I know it's a home game against Villanova.

And it's a GORGEOUS day for a football game here in the Valley - a bit breezy, but sunny and beautiful.

PH in VA 10-15-2011 12:25 PM

No live stream coverage of the game, but I found coverage on espn.com. JMU 13, Villanova 10; 6:03 left in the 3rd, JMU has the ball.

catdidit 10-15-2011 12:27 PM

This was FUN!! Thanks for the inspiration! Here is mine:

Happy Hello fence row

P -- Picket fence die cut
I -- Ink from the Touch Twin markers and distress ink
N -- Nature for the cone flowers
K -- Knot...tied the twine with a knot...!!

muzbysmom 10-15-2011 12:41 PM

Just uploaded my card for today:

HYCCT115 Cocoa Nellie by muzbysmom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

P - Rose Red Cardstock (dark pink), pearls
I - Inked up my image and sentiment
N - Neutral Cardstock, Nestie Scalloped Circle
K - Kiwi Kiss Marker

Thanks for looking!

hollerinastamps 10-15-2011 01:41 PM

Oh you ladies are so creative...you're helping me out! thank you!

Holstein 10-15-2011 04:21 PM

Fun challenge for me in more ways than one. Here is my card.... HYCCT1115 Penquin, ice, nesties, kisses by Holstein - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

PH in VA 10-15-2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollerinastamps (Post 18827235)
Oh you ladies are so creative...you're helping me out! thank you!

Your card is fantastic! Sorry you were having problems getting started with it. Your persistence sure paid out in the end.

kimizzle 10-15-2011 04:56 PM

whooo... this was a challenge. But here is what I came up with.
P - Paper piecing
I - inked edges
n - Nestabilities
K - Kurly hair, Kraft paper

Wear Pink by kimizzle - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

terry serman 10-15-2011 05:09 PM

Here's mine:
HYCCT1115 P.I.N.K. by terry serman - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

PH in VA 10-15-2011 05:16 PM

Y'all are rocking the challenge!!! I've been commenting on everything that's been uploaded so far, and I'm sitting here with a huge grin on my face, taking in all the creativity that's being shown.

Crafty Math Chick 10-15-2011 07:42 PM

My Card

This certainly was a challenge Patricia (but I really liked it!)

Here is my card - hope you like it!!

Tammie E 10-15-2011 07:44 PM

This was definitely one of my favorite challenges...thanks, Patricia!

Here Kitty, Kitty

crystaldolphins 10-15-2011 10:04 PM

I agree - I liked this one too (after I got over my initial mental block!) Here's my card

Dhat10 10-15-2011 10:13 PM

HYCCT1115 DHAT10s Quilted Parade

Here is my HYCCT1115 P. I. N. K. Card and what a fun way to challenge us.
P is for pink and purple all around,
I is for "I simply enjoy you",
N is for new product - the Sizzix and Hero Arts Die Cut and Stamp set,
K is for Kids on Parade.
I'm sending four of the these cards.
Thanks, Debby
Here is a link to my cards
Quilted Parade

newstampinaddict 10-16-2011 06:27 AM

P-I-N-K Christmas by newstampinaddict - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

P- Poinsettia; Paper and Such, Pink
I- Icicle (Stickles); Ivory
N-Navy (Navy Ribbon, In the Navy Paper)
K-Kiwi Kiss

Thanks for the challenge... this was fun... and thanks TONS for the K ideas.. I was STUMPED! :-)

PH in VA 10-16-2011 08:52 AM

Happy Sunday, y'all! I hope everyone's day has gotten off to a good start and that you're able to enjoy some crafting time. I'll be trying to make cards while I conquer Mount Washmore. :roll:

Shadow's Mom 10-16-2011 09:15 AM

Love this challenge!!! I used the following:

(P)unches
(I)ce Stickles
(N)ight of Navy card stock and ink
(K)iwi Kiss card stock and ink

Here's my Let it Snow

evasempermom 10-16-2011 11:22 AM

here is my card

Pink balloons by evasempermom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Clownmom 10-16-2011 06:39 PM

Here's my card. While it's P.I.N.K. -- it's not pink!

Japanese Hope

PH in VA 10-16-2011 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clownmom (Post 18830549)
Here's my card. While it's P.I.N.K. -- it's not pink!

Japanese Hope

And that is perfectly fine! I didn't use pink in the card I made for this challenge, either!

(Another secret... I've never really cared much for the color pink.)

I'm still amazed by everyone's creativity. I need to call it a night now, but I'll be back again tomorrow to see what else y'all have been up to!

scrapaway1 10-16-2011 10:58 PM

Here is my card: HYCCT1115-Think P.I.N.K. by scrapaway1 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

and this is what I used for the letter:

P-purple
I-image
N-numerous (word labels)
K-kraft

stamp300 10-17-2011 01:02 AM

Here's mine: HYCCT1114 Thinking of You by stamp300 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

stamp300 10-17-2011 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamp300 (Post 18831123)

I hope it shows up ok, tried to edit the number.

Ksnurse 10-17-2011 03:56 AM

Here is my P I N K card.....thx for the fun challenge

HYCCT1115, Singin in the rain by Ksnurse - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers