Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Challenge Title: Words of Encouragement
Hostess: Eva, aka tradergirl
Date: Saturday, October 29, 2011
I am excited to host today's challenge. I know how powerful words can be at times of need and what better way to show love and caring to someone with a card that can uplift them? My challenge is Words of Encouragement. You card's focal point should be a word, quote or sentiment of encouragement.
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2011 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)[/QUOTE]
My Blog:For the Love of Life
I design for JustRite Stampers, Petaloo, Samantha Walker and Scrap-mart
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni SCS Gallery Moderator Splitcoast Challenge Hostess Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
I think I'll have to go computer-generated for this, as most of my encouraging sentiments are scriptures so I can't use them, but I'll have a quick look through my stamps first and see if I can find anything suitable.
Thanks for the challenge.
I used a Hero Arts stamp called Sunshine and Flowers. The cardstock is shimmer from Archivers. The EF is Tim Holz Rays. The Nestie is called Deckled Circle (which I think looks like the sun). The flower punch is from Marvy.
For today's Hope You Can Cling To Challenge, I used Play the music that your Soul wants to hear. I find that music can lift up my spirits and calms my soul. I used a flower stamp from Hampton Arts and cool guitar one from Studio G, added some ribbon, and burlap, and voila! a card! Here's my card:
This is a wonderful challenge. This card is one of the hardest I've ever made, the first since I lost my sister to breast cancer. I know more than ever that to encourage and give people hope is a very important gift. As soon as DH returns with my camera, I will upload my challenge card.