Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Challenge Title: Hope for the Holidays
Date: Friday, October 28, 2011
I'm happy to have the opportunity to host a challenge for this wonderful card drive as my life has been touched by breast cancer more than once. My great-aunt (who raised me) had breast cancer twice and survived it both times, the first time resulting in a mastectomy when I was just in high school. And a very close friend of mine from college lost her grueling four year battle with breast cancer just over 2 years ago. So I'm dedicating this challenge to them. I hope you'll play along. This should be a fun and easy one and I'm sure the Cancer Center will be happy to have holiday cards on hand!
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2011 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
Thank you for participating in this card drive!
Heartfelt thanks go out to my sample-makers for this challenge: Lydia (Understandblue), Dawn (TreasureOiler), and Teresa (va.sunshine).
Here is my HYCCT1128 Pink Christmas Card. I just got this stamp set and I thought it would look good in ice blue and pink. I'm making five of these cards to send in.
Here is a link to my card Dove of Peace