Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Challenge Title: Send a Little Sunshine
Hostess: One Happy Stamper aka Cindy Lawrence
Date: Wednesday, October 26th, 2011
We all know how heart-warming it is to open our mailbox and find a beautiful hand-made creation inside. It brightens our day in a way that nothing else can. For my challenge, simply make a card of encouragement and hope, and send a little sunshine today!
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2011 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
Thank you for participating in this card drive!
A HUGE thank you to my A-MAZING sample makers: Karen B Barber, BevMom, and Kimberly Crawford
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni SCS Gallery Moderator Splitcoast Challenge Hostess Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
I knew I wanted to use Trees Three, but I also wanted to play along with the sketch challenge so I just had to make two cards.
Bought more envelopes today, too, so I'm going to spend the next half hour bagging a backlog of cards .
Here is my HYCCT1126 Sunshine Card. I just got this Stampin' Up set Precious Butterflies and this sentiment was perfect. I stamped the vine and butterfly first with Brilliance white then with Distress ink to give a slight highlight effect.
Here is a link to my card Sunshine and Friendship