Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Challenge Title: Thank A Caregiver
Hostess: ctorina (Cathleen Torina)
Date: Monday, October 24, 2011
My challenge is for you to make a card to thank a caregiver. Caregivers/nurses are on the front lines of the cancer battle. It must not be easy for them to put on their game face every day and see the number of patients coming through the doors. Always cheerful and supportive, always there to answer questions and offer a kind word. These men and women are a special breed. Let's let them know what an important role they play in the lives of their patients.
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE Here
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery Here
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread Here
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2011 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
Thank you for participating in this card drive!
Thank you so much to Bridget and Holly for making such beautiful samples!
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Austin, TX
This challenge touches my heart. A friend just lost his wife after a six year struggle and he took care of her right to the end. What a heroic job they do. I am thinking about my card, and I'll definitely give it to him!
Let's hear it for all the caregivers out there...truly unsung heroes. I'm so proud of how well my dad has risen to the challenge. I'd literally NEVER seen him do laundry or dishes before in my almost 50 years and he's chipping in and picking up the slack in so many ways that he never has before. Here's my Bonsai Thanks
HYCCT1124 Your friendship warms my heart by Crafty Julia
We are thanking all the wonderful caregivers today for our Hope You Can Cling To Challenge. I used a sentiments stamp from a 1994 Stampin' Up foam set, and a Creative Memories mini heart punch for my hot pink heart, with a light pink foam heart to encircle it. I also used a watering can with a heart design and some cheery flowers from Rubber Stampede. I finished with some Target bargain ribbon. Here is my card: HYCCT1124 Your friendship warms my heart by Crafty Julia - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
__________________ Art is not what you see, but what you make others see.” ~ Edgar Degas