Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Challenge Title:Save the Boo-Bees! Hostess: SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) Keyword: HYCCT1123 Date: Sunday, October 23, 2011
Make a project that features bees, a bee-friendly scene (preferably with bees present, like a flower garden w/ bees), or the color yellow!
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2011 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
Thank you for participating in this event!
Big HUGS and THANKS to my sample makers! ShellieD, Toy, Understandblue, PH in VA, and tygerpaws11
For the Save the Boo Bees, I used some SU bee stamped images I borrowed from a friend awhile ago. I found a DC of a large wine goblet, cut off the stem, and drew the lines for the beehive. To mimic the texture of the honeycomb, I made the doorway pebbly with a Cuttlebug EF. the flowers are from SU's Thoroughly Thankful, the gold cord is from On The Surface, and the bee button is from my stash. Have a wonderful day! Here's my card:
Here is my HYCCT1123 Bee card. My first thought was be strong, so I used it as the theme. To make my bee more yellow I colored it with distress ink after embossing. I'm making five of these cards to send in.
Here is a link to my card Bee Strong