Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Challenge Title: Find Your Happy Place
Hostess: tygerpaws11 (AKA Michelle)
Date: Saturday, October 22, 2011
Every now and again, we all need to get away, either mentally or physically SOMEWHERE. Drawing on one of my favorite movies, Happy Gilmore, I challenge you to Draw Inspiration from your Happy Place.
You can use the colors, the smells, the scene, or something you think about while you are there. The sky is the limit! Post a link to a photo if you'd like, or keep it secret to yourself. Just like Happy Gilmore, the goal is make something to bring a smile to the recipient's face, just like your happy place brings a smile to yours.
Don't have a happy place? No problem! You can use mine:
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword (HYCCT1122), no later than November 7th, 2011 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword (HYCCT1122) when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
C'Mon and use your happy place... Don't make me go all Bob Barker on you...
Thank you for participating in this card drive! Here are some pretty pictures to get you started... one from me, Lori (LMcAree), Patty (pattyb)
Hi, my name is Michelle Single, and I'm a craft addict. I Know How to Use It - do you?? Come play with us every Thursday!
I'm mixing it up with Mix-Ability every Friday
Here is my HYCCT1122 happy place card. My favorite spot is the woods and who embodies happiness better than Snoopy? I made the tree background with distress inks and extra water on watercolor paper. I'm making 3 cards to send in.
Here is a link to my card Snoopy's Walk in the Woods
SCS Gallery Moderator Splitcoast Challenge Hostess Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
HYCCT Happy By the Sea by Cook22 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
I think I'll be making a couple of cards for this; I love the sea as I grew up within earshot and still miss being able to walk along a beach, but for de-stressing it's hard to beat the Botanic Gardens. And I spend way too long sitting on the floor of the back porch watching birds on my feeders - that's definitely happy-making.