Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Challenge Title: Big Or Small, Save Them All!
Hostess: Barbara Anders (Bar)
Date: Friday, October 21st, 2011
Breast cancer isn't picky, it doesn't care what size your ta-tas are--the physical and emotional toll it takes is enormous, regardless. And, although it's rare, it also attacks children. So, when I saw this slogan on a breast cancer awareness site I knew that was what I wanted to do. Let's "support" them all by using two sizes of any geometric shape on your project: Circles, rectangles, squares, ovals, you choose, just use two sizes!
We are so glad you've joined us for this wonderful month - I can't wait to see what you create! Feel free to do multiple samples for each challenge, and remember, the goal of the challenge is to get these cards in the hands of the strong ladies being treated at MD Anderson, so be sure and follow the instructions below!
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2010 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
Thanks so much for your help in this card drive!
And many thanks to my awesome sample makers: Joanne Basile (basilefamily), Jodi Collins (Kharmagirl), Tammy Hershberger (stampertammy), and Jody Morrow (texasjodylynn). You ladies ROCK!
Today's Hope You Can Cling To Challenge is to recognize all sizes and ages of those afflicted by breast cancer by using 1 big and 1 small geometric image. I choose 2 circles, and used my Autumn Splendor stamp set by Stampin' Up. I learned about ink pad daubing last night at a card class, so that's what I used to get the different shades on the leaves and acorns. I added a small pumpkin tag from Loads of Love Accessories for a little accent piece.
Best Wishes to All!
Here's my card: HYCCT1121 Best Wishes fall leaves by Crafty Julia - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. –Maya Angelou
Here is my card. Be You, Be Strong. My twosies are the strips of paper and I used Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge 148 too. My more great pictures are on my blog at [http://cindycoutts.com][Cindy Coutts Designs[/url]. Thank you for stopping by to look at this adorable card. I hope you like it.
Let me get this straight because my editing privileges are gone in this thread.
Here is my card. Be You, Be Strong. My twosies are the strips of paper and I used Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge 148 too. My more great pictures are on my blog at Cindy Coutts Designs. Thank you for stopping by to look at this adorable card. I hope you like it.
What a great idea for a challenge! Here is my HYCCT1121 shapes card. I receive a simple commercially made card with flower in a vase for my birthday and I'm recreating the style here. I'm making eleven of these cards to send in.
Here is a link to my card You're Fabulous