Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Challenge Title: I Will Survive
Hostess: Toy aka Holly
Date: Saturday, October 18, 2011
~*~*~*~*~*~ I Will Survive ~*~*~*~*~*~
Year after year, the number of women/men who survive breast cancer increases tremendously. My mother, who passed in 1992 from breast cancer, left behind six sisters. Of those, four have been through the fight and three are considered survivors. Only one sister continues her battle and she has been battling for nearly NINE years! Breast cancer has touched our family to the degree that my cousin and his wife both went to school to do cancer research and now they are teaching doctors at Colorado State University.
You will see a sea of pink in October, but I think we should add some PURPLE for the survivors. Not only did they fight the good fight and WIN, but they blazed a trail for those of us who may one day walk that path.
Your challenge to day is to make an encouraging card/project using any shade of purple.
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2011 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
Thank you for participating in this card drive!
Thanks so much to my sample makers:
va.sunshine - Teresa
LuvLee - Lee
Dini - Dina K
~* Holly *~ Gallery
Designing for There She Goes, Stamp Simply Ribbon Store, Sweet N Sassy Stamps, TLC and SC hostess Blog
I feel like Raggedy Ann in a Barbie Doll world
This is my lucky day! I have a whole 12x12 container filled with purple items I received from a Color Burst Swap! Now to figure out what I want to do with them....I already made one monochromatic purple card for this challenge so I'll want to do something different this time....
Had a second die cut already along with the extra butterflies so I threw together (hahaha...took me way too long!) another that I'll send to my mom since I used Scripture, but here's my Embossed Petals
Here is my HYCCT1118 purple card. To go with the survivor theme I choose a key as the focal point of the card. I painted the key and sprinkled it with perfect pearl while wet. I'm making four cards to send in.
Here is a link to my card Key to my Heart