Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Challenge Title: Think P-I-N-K!
Hostess: PH in VA a/k/a Patricia
Date: Saturday, October 15, 2011
Pink is the color associated with breast cancer. Today I'd like you to "think pink" a little differently. Your challenge is to create a card using products, images, sentiments, or techniques that begin with the letters P, I, N and K. You may include other things, but your card must have the following four required elements: at least one thing beginning with P, one thing beginning with I, one thing beginning with N, and one thing beginning with K. When you upload your card, please mention in the details what your P, I, N, and K elements are.
Here are some ideas for each letter to help the creative juices flow. If you can think of other things that fit the challenge, you're more than welcome to use them, too!
P: Peach Parfait, petals, pig, puppy, person, paisley, punches, pop dots, pinking shears, paper piecing, party, Pink Cat Studios
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGEHERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7, 2011 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Please post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine HYCCT challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag, and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
I'd like to extend a hug of thanks to my sample makers: Lee (LuvLee), Karen (kthaman), Michelle (tygerpaws11) and Lydia (Understandblue). Please join me in giving them some gallery love!
Thank you so much for participating in this card drive! I'm really looking forward to seeing what all of you create when you Think P-I-N-K!
SCS Gallery Moderator Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Thanks for the K suggestions - my brain froze when it saw that! I'm imagining a weird card with pink kittens in a nest, LOL. But I'm going to take a nap while some pavlovas are in the oven, and hopefully I'll have some more intelligent ideas after that.
For today's Hope You Can Cling To Challenge, using elements representing P-I-N-K, I came up with the following items:
P for Pinking Shears
I for Ivy
N for Neutral background (white for ivy image)
K for kitten
I first thought of this challenge idea about two months ago. Since then, I've been working on a list of things for each of the letters. I wanted to be able to provide some ideas to help out the challenge participants.
So yeah - it took me a while to come up with ideas for each letter too!
Here is my HYCCT1115 P. I. N. K. Card and what a fun way to challenge us.
P is for pink and purple all around,
I is for "I simply enjoy you",
N is for new product - the Sizzix and Hero Arts Die Cut and Stamp set,
K is for Kids on Parade.
I'm sending four of the these cards. Thanks, Debby
Here is a link to my cards Quilted Parade